Delts is offline Junior Member

Question Building the perfect physique

All the cycles I've ever done have been mass cycles. a lot of tests, some d-bols, a little deca . i'm not as big as i'd like yet, but do you think its time to take a break from mass and do a hardening and a little cutting cycle? would this be better than keeping going on mass till i'm like 240 pounds and then worry about hardening and cutting? it just seems to me like it might be a good idea to throw in a cycle like this. then after go back to mass, then throw in another cutter. i mean look at the pro's. in the offseason they bulk, then they get cut for precontest, then its back to bulking, maybe the gains would be better if you switch it up like this. well thanks a lot for any help you can give.

SHOT is offline Associate Member
    This is really up to you bro...i try to get mass pretty much every cycle cause i dont get fat or soft hardly at all..... but its really your call.....u might want to give certain receptors a brake...

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    If you have been off a while then take a look at yourself and decide what goals/look you want. If you want to compete and your bodyfat is high then you'll want to trim down to see what needs the most attention. Then set your plan and adjust your training/nutrition/cycles accordingly.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i'm 240 and still do mass cycles. i can't help it. i have no desire to switch to a cutting cycle. my point is, do whatever your body tells you to do. if you wanna cut, then do it. go for mass in the next cycle

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    WEll delts, I think you should. I am a massy fella always have been, but when I went on a cuttin up cycle, I looked great. Then I started packin on mass and looked even better. You are correct about BB, but again, what are your goals. If you like the way you look fine, I did too, but when I got on a cuttin up cycle, I like it even better. I, like Dane want to be big, but being big and not being able to see ripples (at least some for me), is not what I want. Course I am a such a freaking perfectionists. I think you should give it a go man. I think if you do it right, you will see what I am talking about. some guys may disagree with me, but I like to cut one cycle then bulk up on another cycle. Just helps break the monotony, and keeps my muscles (what little I got) looking good. Go for it man! If you don't like it, hell go back to the mass cycles.

Thread Information