Dodger Blue is offline Junior Member

Is 38 too old to start your first cycle?

Been doing some research and am wondering about 38 being too old. Ordered enough test ent and eq to run a 12 week cycle (also have nolvadex and clomid on hand) Have lifted for the last 10 years but am looking to do the next level. Have gotten blood work done, and blood pressures fine. Just concerened about my age being a factor I guess? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

velvetlion is offline Banned
    Your age is fine. You have been lifting for 10 years which I am sure has given you a nice base. If you want to take it to the next level and your diet is already there, go for it.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    NOT AT ALL!!!!!! You sound like an old mope. Dude at 38 you're still a kid!!!!!!

I know several people that run AAS that are in their 40's and 50's. GH and Test being the 2 most common. If you're going to start a cycle cut out that EQ and just run test for 10-12 weeks.

List your goals so we can get a proper dosing protocal.........

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    I ran my first cycle in '05 at the age of 42 and experienced no problems. Im on my 2nd cycle now which I will run up to my competition. My first cycle was Test Cyp, 500 mg week and 400 mg week of EQ and it was a good cycle. I've seen posts by guys older then me running AAS successfully.

Jray1der is offline Associate Member
    Bro there are numerous of 40-50 year olds at my gym here in Hawaii on gear and I know some that are first timers and they are kicking ass in the gym. Gear + oldman strength= a ruff neck old fart. Live it up Bro and make sure you keep an eye on your cholestorol.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Was 32 when I started. watch your blood pressure while on. As long as you don't have injuries that keep you from going all out, go for it.

Glad for the responses, feel much better about this now. Just not sure if the wife should know all lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger Blue
    Glad for the responses, feel much better about this now. Just not sure if the wife should know all lol
    Tell the wife or you will be in for big trouble later. Don't say I didn't warn you.

I hear ya, did that happen to you?

I agree, she probably wont like the ideal, but she'll still love you for entrusting her with the truth Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetlion
    Tell the wife or you will be in for big trouble later. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jray1der
    I agree, she probably wont like the ideal, but she'll still love you for entrusting with the truth Bro.

Once you get on some test though, there is a possibility she won't want you to come off if you get the same reaction as I do from it.

sounds like a great by- product of the gear )))))

D-Money is offline Associate Member
    I can count the number of bodybuilding pros in there twenties on one hand. Most are well into there their 30's And then there's that old fart Ronnie Coleman, he's well over 40 last time I checked. So you think your two old now? Best of luck old guy!

This can be true. My experience with having extreme woodrow sure helped soothe the ideal of her saying she dont want me to do it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetlion
    Once you get on some test though, there is a possibility she won't want you to come off if you get the same reaction as I do from it.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    I am 38 and on my first cycle (just finished actually).. My wife gave me most of my shots.. Tell your wife!!

Welcome to AR

Oldman

Braveheart04 is offline Associate Member
    I am the same age (38) and I have decided to go on gear, I too have a lot of lifting experience, I want to take it up a notch to! Tell your wife man! I know what you are saying, I struggled with the same thing, but sold her on it, in fact, she is going to give me my shots now! I start on Monday!!!

Outlaw** is offline Associate Member
    I just did my first cycle at 37 yrs old. Been liftin since I was 21, and finally decided to goto the dark side. I cant wait to do my second one.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    I didn't do my first cycle until I was 36. Just make sure that you have any health issues under control before you start since it is a stress on your body. Before I started, I had a complete blood workup and an EKG just to make sure that there weren't any outstanding issues.

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    Naw bro 38 is good just make sure you stick to a new user cycle and dont advance to fast 500mg of test a week should get you where you want to be in 10-12 weeks. And make sure to look up PCT and find one that suites you the best.

Good luck.

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    the wife was against it till I said " look, this is the way it is or else ".. then I woke up and realized that was just a dream I had and I was actually pleading with her to do my shots for me cuz I couldnt reach my butt.. LOL
    Once she saw the low doses were safe though, she had no probs with it....best to tell her...

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goalseeker
    the wife was against it till I said " look, this is the way it is or else ".. then I woke up and realized that was just a dream I had and I was actually pleading with her to do my shots for me cuz I couldnt reach my butt.. LOL

Thread Information