mesoman is offline Junior Member

cardio when on gear

Bros,

what are your views on doin cardio when on cycle to bulk. Ive been told that as its important to be in a + calorific state inorder to grow ive avoided cardio untill ive bulked up and then restarted as part of cutting? the other view i read is that anabolics enable you to keep a + nitrogen balance (hence muscle growth) even when doin cardio ( so long as cals are reasonable) . i would welcome your thoughts

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mesoman
    Bros,

what are your views on doin cardio when on cycle to bulk. Ive been told that as its important to be in a + calorific state inorder to grow ive avoided cardio untill ive bulked up and then restarted as part of cutting? the other view i read is that anabolics enable you to keep a + nitrogen balance (hence muscle growth) even when doin cardio ( so long as cals are reasonable) . i would welcome your thoughts
    You should always do cardio regardless of the specific goal, just vary the frequency and intensity. During bulking 2-3 times a week for 20 min at a moderate intensity would be sufficient. Gear takes a bit of a toll on your cardiovascular system so it is something that should always be done.

mesoman is offline Junior Member
    thanx bro any other comments would be also welcome

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ....I'll echo Ejuicers comments....To me, if I don't make gains as great because i'm including cardio..SO BE IT...if your heart ain't pumping strong, getting a pump and growth from the rest of your muscles is kind of wasted effort...
    ....People that say moderate cardio is too catabolic and hinders muscle gains are:
    A) LAZY
    or
    B) Going way, way too intense with their cardio..

..It's my experience that if you drink a whey shake an hour or two prior to 30 minutes or so of cardio that is performed @ roughly 65% of your max heart rate, you'll benefit your cardiovascular system without inhibiting your gains...

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    ....I'll echo Ejuicers comments....To me, if I don't make gains as great because i'm including cardio..SO BE IT...if your heart ain't pumping strong, getting a pump and growth from the rest of your muscles is kind of wasted effort...
    ....People that say moderate cardio is too catabolic and hinders muscle gains are:
    A) LAZY
    or
    B) Going way, way too intense with their cardio..

..It's my experience that if you drink a whey shake an hour or two prior to 30 minutes or so of cardio that is performed @ roughly 65% of your max heart rate, you'll benefit your cardiovascular system without inhibiting your gains...

AG
    couldn't have said it better. i personally always do atleast 4days of cardio ew. the only variation is duration. bulking 20-25min. cutting well... as much as it takes to get preffered results

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Always do it, vary amts.

M.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Depends on your bodytype and goals... I usually do some being endo/meso... and I have found that it helps with water retention while "on"...

Thread Information