Joe Stick is offline New Member

Nandrolone+Finasteride=Myth?

I take dustaride for hairloss and taking test is pretty hard on my hair. Now my question is is there anyone here that have used deca /nnp alone (or with something mild, var/tbol) with dusta/fina and not experienced substatial shedding? I posted something similar on elite but no one really knows or has tried it. The few that did said it didn't hurt their hair.

I've seen a few abstracts about it and some said dhn was harder on the hair while others stated that nandrolone was harder on the hair. wtf? Appreciate any input.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    First of all you're talking about a deca only cycle or with a mild androgen like tbol or var. That is a no-no right there unless you don't care about getting hard ons for awhile and don't mind raisin sized balls. That will shut you down. Always use a little more test with deca.

I've read that hairloss can increase while using finastride and deca together.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 12-01-2005 at 01:29 AM.

baba_021 is offline Junior Member
    I ran fina togheter with NPP with no hairloss problem...
    And dont think Im prone to male baldness maybe thats why it didnt effect me much.

baba

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I am a little confused with the wording of your question but I think I know what you are asking: The age old question of does taking a DHT inhibitor (like finasteride) contribute to MORE hairloss when combined with a nortestosterone/nandrolone ?

I cant give the exact reason as I dont fully understand it myself. I do know that nandrolones are converted to nor-DHT, which is somewhat different from DHT. It might have something to do with natural nor-DHT--DHT interactions or an overprevalence of nor-DHT. As far as I can tell this "myth" is actually true.

transform is offline Associate Member
    As far as i know the reason deca used with a 5AR blocker causes hairloss because it would block the conversion of nandrolone to DHN (via the 5AR enzymes) in tissues such as the scalp, resulting in hairloss, because it will cause it to convert to something much harsher on your hair. DHN is supposed to be fairly harmless to hair

Joe Stick is offline New Member
    Thanks for the responses guys. I am aware that test should be the base of all cycles but I don't care to much for the acne and hairloss. Depends on your goals I suppose. Well anyways I found the abstact:

Note: 19norT = 19nortestosterone = nandrolone

"The results of AR binding studies revealed that 5alpha-reduction of T and ET significantly enhanced their affinities, and that the 5alpha-derivative of 19norT displayed a similar binding affinity to that exhibited by 19norT. In terms of biological activity, the results showed that 5alpha-reduction of T and 19norT significantly increased their androgenic potency[...]"

J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1997 Jan;60(1-2):121-9.
    5alpha-reduction of norethisterone enhances its binding affinity for androgen receptors but diminishes its androgenic potency.
    Lemus AE, Enriquez J, Garcia GA, Grillasca I, Perez-Palacios

All I have is this abstract. Wish I could read the full study. This is a newer study than the other ones I have seen that stated the opposite of this study. Thoughts?

leansauce is offline Associate Member
    damn i wish i new what was true im on dutast and want to throw NPP which i already have into my test eq winny cycle but am afraid of the "myth" u are referring to causing havoc

nanadrolone is typically not hard on the hair... but DHN is even less hard (unlike DHT which is harder on the hair than testosterone ).

thebrakes is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Stick
    "The results of AR binding studies revealed that 5alpha-reduction of T and ET significantly enhanced their affinities, and that the 5alpha-derivative of 19norT displayed a similar binding affinity to that exhibited by 19norT. In terms of biological activity, the results showed that 5alpha-reduction of T and 19norT significantly increased their androgenic potency[...]"

All I have is this abstract. Wish I could read the full study. This is a newer study than the other ones I have seen that stated the opposite of this study. Thoughts?
    what else do you need? it's there in black and white. 5A reduced nandrolone binds like nandrolone but is more androgenic. one could very easily draw the conclusion that using a 5AR inhibitor with nandrolone isnt likely to accelerate MPB faster than nandrolone solo.

but then again, there is so much variation with this. it just seems to me that there arent any 5AR'd hormones that are easier on hair than the parent hormone (DHT, 1-Test, primo are all 5AR'd and not easy on the hair)

Quote Originally Posted by macrophage69alpha
    nanadrolone is typically not hard on the hair... but DHN is even less hard (unlike DHT which is harder on the hair than testosterone).
    so ur saying its a myth? why do u think people started this belief?

bump

symmetry101 is offline Associate Member
    Bump, I am interested in some more opinions and hard evidence.

Tiftan090 is offline Junior Member
    One other thing to remember is that a 5-AR inhibitor plus nandrolone is going to result in evenly distributed androgenic stimulation which would make it more like tren . For myself (and some anecdotal reports I've seen) a moderate dose of tren (~35mg/day) makes me lose less hair then natural test does since the potency is not being amplfied in 5-AR rich areas. Whether or not a 5-AR inhibitor plus nandrolone will cause you problems may have more to do with dosage than anything else.

indrid_cold17 is offline Banned
    well i do believe that its a MYTH ,, i didnt try it but some guys have tried it before either by intention or by mistake and had no hairloss and honestly i do believe that blocking hairloss caused by test using finasteride then de****g with hairloss from deca with atopical antandrogen to be wiser than just using that anti androgen alone to stop hairloss from both test and the mild deca ,,at least it makes sense to me ,,but actually i am looking for feedback from the guys who used both together,,peace

bump for anyone who used finasteride with deca ..

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Deca (nadrolone) gets convertet to dhn in the skin and scalp thruogh the 5ar, which is a weaker androgen than nadrolone itself. Not because dhn has no affect at all, but the reduction in testosterone /dht more than makes up for dhn-effect on the hair.

Proscar/durasteride will block the 5ar, so the conversion to dhn wont happen, which means, you get the full strenght of nadrolone at the hair.

Anyway, if you dont have genetics for mpb. dont sweat a thing!!

Quote Originally Posted by vitor
    Deca (nadrolone) gets convertet to dhn in the skin and scalp thruogh the 5ar, which is a weaker androgen than nadrolone itself. Not because dhn has no affect at all, but the reduction in testosterone /dht more than makes up for dhn-effect on the hair.

Proscar/durasteride will block the 5ar, so the conversion to dhn wont happen, which means, you get the full strenght of nadrolone at the hair.

Anyway, if you dont have genetics for mpb. dont sweat a thing!!
    yeah the point is deca alone without its conversion to dhn harsh on the hair,,anyone run deca with finasteride before?

Quote Originally Posted by indrid_cold17
    yeah the point is deca alone without its conversion to dhn harsh on the hair,,anyone run deca with finasteride before?
    Deca +proscar is not any worse on the hair than eq, t-bol and other aas with about the same androgenic activity. (The point is that deca-only cycle is harmless on the hair.) Androgen causes hairloss for those who are prone. The more androgen you have in a cycle the more hair you will lose, if you have the balding gene.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor
    Deca+proscar is not any worse on the hair than eq, t-bol and other aas with about the same androgenic activity. (The point is that deca-only cycle is harmless on the hair.) Androgen causes hairloss for those who are prone. The more androgen you have in a cycle the more hair you will lose, if you have the balding gene.
    yes i know what u mean but by that being said if i dont use finasteride with a test deca cycle i will have to deal with test induced hairloss which is by far more androgenic than deca ,,

yes i know what u mean but by that being said if i dont use finasteride with a test deca cycle i will have to deal with test induced hairloss which is by far more androgenic than deca ,,
    Correct

well if u do agree with me it would be wise to use finasteride with test and deal with deca using a topical antiandrogen right ,,

well if u do agree with me it would be wise to use finasteride with test and deal with deca using a topical antiandrogen right ,,
    Sure, but remember proscar wont eliminate hairloss with test, it will only block the conversion to dht. You will still get the androgenic effects with testosterone on the hair, if you are prone.

That being said, if proscar and an topical anti-androgen is being used, it will help out alot on test/deca cycle.

but remember proscar wont eliminate hairloss with test,, does that mean that i will still experience hairloss from test ??

oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    i have used 400 mg deca with a client and he loss hair,
    but he is hairloss prone.
    with dutasteride i do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by oswaldosalcedo
    i have used 400 mg deca with a client and he loss hair,
    but he is hairloss prone.
    with dutasteride i do not know.
    was he using finasteride with the deca ?

Thread Information