Dodger Blue is offline Junior Member

Whom and what to tell about use of Gear

Thanks for all the great advice Ive been getting on this board. I have an intresting question? When you decide to take the "plunge" whom have you people told? After my post yesterday most people thought you should tell wife, but just wondering how far you should go. Seems like most people definately have a negative impression of gear and would be labeled by many negatively. Just wanted to throw that out there and hear others opinions.
    Thanks again

righton is offline Senior Member
    Depends on how YOU feel about it! If you think your wife/gf or family might kick up a fuss over it than it might better to keep your mouth shut or if your like me.."its my bod and if you don't like what i'm doing...f**k you!!!"

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    don't be overly vocal about it either way. remember, gear is not legal. only trusted friends, IMO.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    i woulden't go and tell the world

but everyone who need's to know about it dose close family girlfriend and close friends

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I don't tell anyone in my personal life. It could be used against you if you have some sort of falling out. If you have kids, and some how you get into a custody battle down the road. It will be brought up against you and put on record.

I don't purchase locally, I don't tell anyone.

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    wife or close girlfriend MAYBE! depends on your thoughts of honesty. friends-no, co-workers-hell no

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    wife or close girlfriend MAYBE! depends on your thoughts of honesty. friends-no, co-workers-hell no

my company found out yesterday that i am using and as of right now im suspended.

wow, I hope things work out for you anabolicvenom

TinTin78 is offline Member
    What about all those that ask you in the gym, it is kinda obvious, do you lie them right in the face if they are somehow gymfriends? There are alot of people disscussing it on my gym and I have told some, they will know and I am not that person who lies no matter who it is. I get like a seasickness if I lie and I think it's always best to just tell the truth.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Just girlfriend and close friends. Some familly.

grimnlock is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    Just girlfriend and close friends. Some familly.
    Agreed.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    the only people that know .... are my 2 buddies that also use ..... other than that ....... no one knows ... and thats the way i like it

musselman is offline Junior Member
    Don't tell anyone who doesn't need to know... I don't even tell my best friend... only my wife

Spyder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by righton
    Depends on how YOU feel about it! If you think your wife/gf or family might kick up a fuss over it than it might better to keep your mouth shut or if your like me.."its my bod and if you don't like what i'm doing...f**k you!!!"
    i like that.

Well you can't really deny it when you blow up like a balloon in the matter of a few weeks so i never lie about it. However with my parents, a whole different story, i will make sure they never find out.

Spyder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TinTin78
    What about all those that ask you in the gym, it is kinda obvious, do you lie them right in the face if they are somehow gymfriends? There are alot of people disscussing it on my gym and I have told some, they will know and I am not that person who lies no matter who it is. I get like a seasickness if I lie and I think it's always best to just tell the truth.
    People that don't really need to know should simply be replied to in a silly way, since they are being silly themselves by asking someone they don't know if they use drugs. Last time a guy at the gym asked me, i replied with 'No, i just eat alot of Coco Pops'.

Juicy Sauce is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    People that don't really need to know should simply be replied to in a silly way, since they are being silly themselves by asking someone they don't know if they use drugs. Last time a guy at the gym asked me, i replied with 'No, i just eat alot of Coco Pops'.
    isnt it coco puffs?

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Your just a silly rabbit.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger Blue
    Thanks for all the great advice Ive been getting on this board. I have an intresting question? When you decide to take the "plunge" whom have you people told? After my post yesterday most people thought you should tell wife, but just wondering how far you should go. Seems like most people definately have a negative impression of gear and would be labeled by many negatively. Just wanted to throw that out there and hear others opinions.
    Thanks again
    I don't really care to discus any erogenics with anyone without first discussing the foundations of nutrition and proper training... with a lot of consistency and progresive training. The worse way to start a conversation with me in the gym is with the, "Dude - what do you take?" or "What can I take to get big..." AAS is just one of the tools in my tool box - and it ain't no magic pill...

With that said - my wife knows most of what I take... so if there are complications - she has an idea what is going on...

bigJJ is offline Member
    A wife, maybe... but only if you can't hide it from her.

A girlfriend, never! Simply put, women are manipulative. Do not ever hand ammunition to a gun that is pointed directly at you!

I have one bud at the gym that knows, but I know he's using too, so no big deal.

If anyone asks (like my parents have), give them details about your restrictive diet and exhaustive research into the intricacies of cardio, strength training and manipulating your metabolism. Odds are, they will fade out about three sentences into the explanation.

When kids at the gym ask, I respond responsibly. Cardio, diet, training, dedication, repeat. Most are looking for a quick fix anyway, so this will run them away. If they respond positively, then you have yourself a genuine protege! Be proud, and make him work his ass off!

We all know that 'roids are for the experienced athlete anyway, so bragging about it to inexperienced folks just diminishes their value, psychologically speaking.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    nicely said.

Spyder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Sauce
    isnt it coco puffs?
    nah, here in Australia we have a breakfast cereal named Coco Pops. It's mainly for kids, high in sugar and cocoa.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    The only people who know I am on, are on as well. Nobody, and I mean nobdy else, inlcuding my wife knows.

IXISiDiuSIXI is offline Associate Member
    I think you should tell your wife. I've showed my gf video's, told her what each steroid does ect ect and she was cool with it. She even does my injections in some areas and she's completely ok with it. I wouldn't hide it from the people really close to you i.e. wife/gf.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by IXISiDiuSIXI
    I think you should tell your wife. I've showed my gf video's, told her what each steroid does ect ect and she was cool with it. She even does my injections in some areas and she's completely ok with it. I wouldn't hide it from the people really close to you i.e. wife/gf.
    The last person I would tell is my wife !!!!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by IXISiDiuSIXI
    When I told mine she was more pissed that I wanted to hide it, the conversation was like this (after finding broken amps I left in the bathroom): "I don't care what you are taking - I know you read a lot and are into your health. What pisses me off is that you felt you had to hide something from me..." She is cool as shit...

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Over 50% of first marriages end in divorce, over 75% of second marriages end in divorce. I would not tell my wife if I had one. Especially if you plan on starting a family. If your marriage ends for some reason, your drug use will be brought up in depositions, or court when discussing custody of the children. An ex-girlfriend will tell all her friends. Her friends will tell theirs. It's human nature to have the scoop on someone doing something illegal and tell other people.

plugthug is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sp9
    I don't tell anyone in my personal life. It could be used against you if you have some sort of falling out. If you have kids, and some how you get into a custody battle down the road. It will be brought up against you and put on record.

Thsi guy said a mouthful. Aas are illegal drugs. You don't want all your dirty laundry aired out if the wrong someone finds out. My wife does my shots, but other than that if your not using too; to you I say i'm taking over the counter prohormones and high calorie diet. I don't even tell some of the loose jawed juice head friends of mine.

p.s. Good Thread. Always wanted to know others opinions.

Thanks again for the response

Juicy Sauce is offline Member

Exclamation

even tho it might be obvious to some, dont volunteer private info about your self to anyone. What are you a freaking soap opera???

safobuddy is offline New Member
    I keep it totally to my self. My wife knew in the beginning but to her now I've stopped. I don't tell a soul, especially my close friends cause then they'll want me to hook them up with sh1t. Hell with that man. Better off keeping it to yourself. IMO. Peace out. Safo

DBflash21 is offline Member
    Only person I tell is my girlfriend, and obviously my buddy knows because we're doing it together, but other then that, nobody!

Thanks again for all your responses

SEBASTOP is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sp9

Hard to argue with that. Smart advice!

SEBASTOP is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicvenom
    my company found out yesterday that i am using and as of right now im suspended.
    Sorry to hear that. For our education: How did they find out?
    And, if you can shar: What kind of work do you do?

Hard Head is offline Member
    Well, my trainer knows but if she didn't notice then I would have fired her for not paying attention. Then there is my long time bro who lives is a far off state, who is also in the same place as I am, mentally and physically. Anybody asks - it's GAKIC.

Thread Information