pharmtech is offline Junior Member

EQ for first cycle?

I am planning on running a test-based cycle for 10-12 weeks at 500mg/wk for my first cycle this spring. I currently weigh 245 lbs. at roughly 10-12% bodyfat. I am looking for lean gains, not necessarily trying to add 20-30 lbs. of pure mass, as I have already added 70-80 lbs. in the past 4 years completely natural. More interested in hardening up and promoting vascularity. Also, my strength has plateaued the past couple of months and I am interested in gaining some strength during this cycle. Would equipoise be a good choice considering my goals? I am thinking 400-500 mg/wk for 10 weeks and perhaps throwing in some winny or anavar for the last 6 weeks or so to help me harden up. I appreciate any feedback you have to offer. Thanks.

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    IS this your first cycle?

yes it is

Quote Originally Posted by pharmtech
    yes it is
    From what most members would say a simple Test E cycle at 500mg's for 10 weeks with proper PCT would be fine here.

You seem to be pretty experienced with the weights and assuming your dropped your weight correctly pretty knowledgeable on the diet end.

If you are looking to Boost your strength while hardening up I would run some prop. You will have to inject more frequently because its a fast/in fast/out ester but it will hit you quicker and cut down on water retention. I have personally ran EQ and liked it but I wouldn't recomened running it at any less than 600mgs for no less than 12 weeks.

I like to think I have my diet and workout well in order. Only then would I consider running my first cycle in the first place. I feel as though I am starting to reach my genetic potential in terms of strength and size gains.

I like the idea of EQ as a mild androgen to promote vascularity and strength. Would 600 mg/wk be necessary while running test? I understand I should expect 4-6 weeks before it really "kicks-in."

I do like the idea of prop, just have more access to cyp at the moment and concerned about the frequent injections with this being my first cycle and all.

I want to run a first cycle that will take into consideration my fresh receptors while promoting hardness and vascularity as a primary concern. However, 10-15 lbs. of lean muscle wouldn't hurt either.

Also, I don't want to consider running a cycle any longer than 12 weeks. For this reason, the prop would be ideal considering it is a shorter-acting ester than the cyp and I could start pct sooner. If I were to run prop, should I stop the EQ earlier before starting pct? Currently have nolva on hand. Would HCG be necessary for this cycle? Clomid? Thanks for your responses.

From my experience with EQ I didn't really start feeling it until the 6-8 week point and I have run it twice. This is the number one reason I would it for no less than 12 weeks or right up until PCT. I think EQ and Prop would give you the "Hardness" you are looking for. If you have a little extra money throw some Var in there weeks 1-8@40mgs ED

I like the idea of var at the beginning of the cycle, but for 8 weeks? Would I get a similar effect from running winny over the same span? I have heard that winny at the end of the cycle, say for 6 weeks, may help to solidy gains my while on cycle. Would var have the same effect? I appreciate all the feedback FrankieC.

Are you concerned about the var because it is 17aa? Var is relativly easy on the liver compared to other 17aa's such as winstrol so running it for 8 weeks won't e a problem. If you have any concerns just throw in some Milk Thistle.

Here is a good thread on the pro's and con's of Winstol.

Why use Winstrol......?

Thanks for the link FrankieC. I definitely think winny is a bit overrated for its supposed fat loss potential, however I do like its capacity to help solidify dry, lean gains toward the end of a cycle and promote a hard look. I will look into getting some var though as I think this might be a better option (although likely a more expensive one). Your input is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by pharmtech
    Thanks for the link FrankieC. I definitely think winny is a bit overrated for its supposed fat loss potential, however I do like its capacity to help solidify dry, lean gains toward the end of a cycle and promote a hard look. I will look into getting some var though as I think this might be a better option (although likely a more expensive one). Your input is greatly appreciated.
    NP bro if you have any more ?'s pmme and I will help the best I can

Thread Information