TinTin78 is offline Member

Zoloft, is it bad for you?

I was wondering if zoloft on cycle or off for that matter have any impact your gains and maybe you get higher apetite and get fat? I was wondering about different sides, it should make you feel better, but I don't know. I always believe deep depressions are more than just a substance missing in your head.

All input appreciated

thank's

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Bro I am not sure about Zoloft but I was taking Lexapro because of work and school related stress and it made me gain unwanted weight so I stopped.

Bsg243 is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    dude I take zoloft do to stress from work and I take juice and all it does is mellow me out witch is what i needed it to do. it wasn't effected my cycles at all

Ok, this psychiatrist is really trying to give me this, for him it sounds like it will fix everything, and I know it wont because I have deep issues no damn pill can fix.

Mellow you out? what does it mean actually, make you soft as in the mind or in the body physice, fatty? Sorry if I did not understand, I am not from america so I don't catch every word correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TinTin78
    Ok, this psychiatrist is really trying to give me this, for him it sounds like it will fix everything, and I know it wont because I have deep issues no damn pill can fix.
    The best way I could describe meds like this is as follows.

Picture yourself drving in a car..Someone cuts you off when you are going about 40MPH. You would usually get that queezy feeling in your stomach (Almost adgitated) Well the meds take away the aggitation and stress.

Bro believe me if you have stress take the meds for six months minmum. I was on for that long and then came off and now I feel GREAT. I feel like I never had stress. Also do something in that ime that you can continue when you come off i.e Yoga, Karate,Cycling, boxing whatever.

Well, I just thought I could beat this without meds you know, I have had depressions like on and off at different levels for the last 4-5 years. It never goes away, and when I am done with one thing my mind punish me with something new. I have really frustrating feelings sometimes, breathing heavy and just a big empty feeling full of anxiety. I went on my cycle anyway because I don't give a shit anymore. It can't be any worse I guess and if it goes really bad it goes really bad and I am not afraid of that.

Well, I just thought I could beat this without meds you know, I have had depressions like on and off at different levels for the last 4-5 years. It never goes away, and when I am done with one thing my mind punish me with something new. I have really frustrating feelings sometimes, breathing heavy and just a big empty feeling full of anxiety. I went on my cycle anyway because I don't give a shit anymore. It can't be any worse I guess and if it goes really bad it goes really bad and I am not afraid of that.
    Bro i feel you.

I have been there and I also wanted to beat it by myself but I ended up taking a little assistance. There is no shame in getting a little help for something that will give you a better quality of life.

Believe me I wouldn't stare you wrong. Try the meds for 6 months, if you feel you have control of it then come off and live happy.

I will talk to him tomorrow, maybe he will get pissed for me not taking them yet, he have prescribed them for me but I did not want them first. I just don't want them to lower my metabolism and so because of my problems. So if I just can train the same, feel a little happier and keep my fatburning and control It will be good.

I was eating like Sh*t while on Lexapro so that may have contributed to it. Plus I wasn't pumping out that much cardio.

Just stay in the gym and you will be fine...

nezicaryforces is offline New Member
    Best choice I ever made. I didn't want to go in, but after I got up enough guts to get help I will never be afraid to again. It will help you more than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by nezicaryforces
    Best choice I ever made. I didn't want to go in, but after I got up enough guts to get help I will never be afraid to again. It will help you more than you think.

Great first post bro

Alot of Newbies come on here with an attitude or trying to be know it alls.

Nice post keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by nezicaryforces
    BTW you are exactly right!

I am afraid of meeting a really nice girl because I might just drag her down so I stay at home and she is probably starting to wonder if I am having another girl or so. She does not understand that I just feel like a piece of shit and that I must train like a madman to feel a little happy. And I am closing myself like a clam because I don't want to get hurt again, and everything is really fvcked up.

I have mixed feelings about the pills, I will tell you tomorrow if I swallowed the first or not, gotta go to bed so I don't miss the appointment.

I don't consider myself having a low selfesteem anymore, I just want control and not being hurt anymore, and misunderstood of course.

It's great to have you guys tell your story of it and that it really helped you, I appreciate it.

stumpy29 is offline Associate Member
    Just watch out for some of the sides i took zoloft before and had to quit because know matter how long i had sex i could not ejactulate happened to alot of people i hear.

I am afraid of meeting a really nice girl because I might just drag her down so I stay at home and she is probably starting to wonder if I am having another girl or so. She does not understand that I just feel like a piece of shit and that I must train like a madman to feel a little happy. And I am closing myself like a clam because I don't want to get hurt again, and everything is really fvcked up.

I have mixed feelings about the pills, I will tell you tomorrow if I swallowed the first or not, gotta go to bed so I don't miss the appointment.

I don't consider myself having a low selfesteem anymore, I just want control and not being hurt anymore, and misunderstood of course.

It's great to have you guys tell your story of it and that it really helped you, I appreciate it.

np..

Hard Head is offline Member
    That little pill changed my life, or should I say, my wife's ability to deal with stress, thus my enjoyment of life. By all means, take it!

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I am on Zoloft right now. Only been on it about 2 months. Was on Venlafaxine for 3 years before that. One side effect that worried me from a few anti-d's including Zoloft is gynecomastia .

hmm, are you sure, that is not good, I took my first pill today and I am on a cycle, should I stop? I take 20mg nolva ed and have done that from start.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    hmm, are you sure, that is not good, I took my first pill today and I am on a cycle, should I stop? I take 20mg nolva ed and have done that from start.
    One plastic surgeon i have read up on explained possible causes of gyno. He has a list of drugs that COULD help cause it, including Zoloft and a few others. I don't know if it's 100% accurate so there is no need to stop taking it bro. I myself suffer from gyno, but this developed through puberty. 20mg of Nolva should be sufficient. What are you running/doses?

I am in the beginning of my 4th week test cyp 500mg ew, and deca 400mg ew.

It's finally kicking in, sweating like a piiig! And of course, awesome pump, and overall feel, but the anxiety is still hovering as usual, but today it has been a bit better. Can Zoloft help like the same day? I took it earlier and I had some anxiety before then it dissapeared, well it might come again. It is one tricky feeling, I never know what causes it.

Hard Head is offline Member
    Stick with it for a month, then see how you feel.

I will, thank's for the input, I'll try it and tell how it goes in here later, if I got fat or if I just flipped out in some other way.

Thread Information