billybob13 is offline Banned

Think I'm getting Shingles?

Hi. I got shingles a year ago for the first time and I got some medication from the doctor and everything cleared up about 8 weeks later. I just started my first cycle which I'm taking just prop. About 1 and a half weeks into it I'm feeling flu like symptoms and starting to feel pain where I got my shingles last time. Is it possible the prop somehow is causing me to get shingles again? Any help will be very grateful, thanks.

mustangz is offline Junior Member

sorry

but i dont think you will find any help on here.i had them over a year ago that was caused by a cycle and everyone on here had never heard of this before.i have read on multiple sites that this is a side effect of gear.i still have pain to this day in that area and my doctor says it is normal and it may never go away?good luck bro,let me know if you learn any more about this crazy sh1t.

ok, hopefully I can get some answers

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    hey bro. i had shingles when i was about 16, now i havent done any cycles so i dont know if or how they have any effect on your body. i thought my doc. told me that once you had them you most likely would never get them back, because shingles are a derivitive of the strain that causes chicken pocks. its mutates or hibernates or something and most ppl never get them and if they do they get them in their later years (no idea why i had mine so young) sorry i couldnt help ya. but good luck

Hi I got mine the first time about 1 year ago when I was 20 and the doctor was speechless to why I got them so young and that they are rare. I'm just asking because I just started first cycle I have ever done about a week ago and now I'm starting to feel a bit of pain where I got shingles last time and now it gots me thinkin?

bump for some help

....Shingles (herpes zoster) is a painful skin rash caused by a reactivation of the same virus that causes chickenpox, the varicella-zoster virus. When you have had chickenpox, the chickenpox virus lies dormant in your nerve roots. For many people, it remains dormant, but for others (about 1 in 5) the virus may be reactivated years later when the immune system is compromised, causing shingles. Most people who get shingles have only one episode; although multiple episodes are possible if the immune system is compromised by AIDS, leukemia, or other causes.
    Causes of Shingles

The virus is reactivated when the immune system is compromised, for example, by disease (especially autoimmune deficiency diseases such as AIDS) or stress. Often, however, no cause of reactivation can be pinpointed.

Only people who have had chickenpox can get shingles. Contact with an infected person will not reactivate the virus in those who have already had chickenpox. However, a person who has not had chickenpox may get it through contact with a person who has shingles.
    Shingles can be extremely painful and unpleasant, but it is rarely dangerous. The most common complication is postherpetic neuralgia: pain that continues after shingles heals. This usually disappears within one year.

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw
    ....Shingles (herpes zoster) is a painful skin rash caused by a reactivation of the same virus that causes chickenpox, the varicella-zoster virus. When you have had chickenpox, the chickenpox virus lies dormant in your nerve roots. For many people, it remains dormant, but for others (about 1 in 5) the virus may be reactivated years later when the immune system is compromised, causing shingles. Most people who get shingles have only one episode; although multiple episodes are possible if the immune system is compromised by AIDS, leukemia, or other causes.
    Causes of Shingles

The virus is reactivated when the immune system is compromised, for example, by disease (especially autoimmune deficiency diseases such as AIDS) or stress. Often, however, no cause of reactivation can be pinpointed.

Only people who have had chickenpox can get shingles. Contact with an infected person will not reactivate the virus in those who have already had chickenpox. However, a person who has not had chickenpox may get it through contact with a person who has shingles.
    Shingles can be extremely painful and unpleasant, but it is rarely dangerous. The most common complication is postherpetic neuralgia: pain that continues after shingles heals. This usually disappears within one year.

there ya have it buddy, your comprimising your immune system by your cycle... and your just feeling the postherpetic pain... no biggie

thanks. I'm the healthiest person and have the best immune system to date. The only sickness I've ever had in my entire life was when I got the shingles never had a cold or anything. Have no clue to why I might be getting it again an the worst part is it is in between the glutes area.

you don't think I will get the full blown shingles again just pain?

POSH is offline Member
    Maybe it is the test flu, LOTS of people get sick from taking prop and various other A$$, so I would hope you are getting the test flu. Use the "search" button and search "test flu", because what I have read and experienced, it sounds very similiar to your symptoms. I had it and it went away after about a week. It is a reaction to the hormone changes in your body.
    My official response would be "go see a doctor", though, because I don't know anything about shingles, and I don't want to give you bad advice. I would just HOPE it is the test flu.

Good Luck

POSH

Quote Originally Posted by billybob13
    Hi. I got shingles a year ago for the first time and I got some medication from the doctor and everything cleared up about 8 weeks later. I just started my first cycle which I'm taking just prop. About 1 and a half weeks into it I'm feeling flu like symptoms and starting to feel pain where I got my shingles last time. Is it possible the prop somehow is causing me to get shingles again? Any help will be very grateful, thanks.

I've felt like I got to spit stuff up sometimes but there is nothing but saliva. I was thinking it might be test flu but why pain in the glutes area where I got shingles last time? I've also not seen any size or strength at all either; maybe my body is not used to it since it is my first time and it is trying to figure out what is going on and my immune system is weak right now?

do you guys think discountinuing the prop. will help with my problems or do you guys think they are temporary and not caused by the prop?

thanks for all the help everyone

POSH is offline Member
    Personally, I would keep on going for another week, but you only know your body. I am not sure what kind of pain you are having in your glutes, but my ass is super sore after I inject, for the next day or 2.

Thread Information