Monsteronjuice is offline Associate Member

can't sleep...ideas?

I'm cycling right now and usually sleep like a baby.... Yet Now i roll around aimlessly and can't fall alsleep for the life of me... any ideas would be great. Thanks...
    I use to take sleeping pills when cycling, but don't have the connection anymore so I'm lost..
    I'm sure it dont matter but im on test prop, masteron , and eq

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Have you tried Melatonin ? It works for some people

never heard of it.. where can i get some?

SpiderRico is offline Member
    same problem happens to me wait you might end up waking up in the middle of the night starving happens to me all the time and now that ive been off for about 8 weeks now i still have cravings late at night

yup, i woke up last night and was starving, so i ate 4 chicken breasts, but still couldnt fall back alsleep

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsteronjuice
    never heard of it.. where can i get some?
    Any Health food store. Its used a lot to try and combat Jet lag. Melatonin is a hormone that is released by your body when its time to sleep

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    you can order off the net mate,if this dont help i find a swig of nightnurse knocks me the spark out!!!

SpiderRico is offline Member
    ya if you do becoming starving in the middle of the night its good to have some healthy food ready at night just in case ... its better then snacking on junk food

Magnum II is offline Associate Member
    Melatonin works wonders for some people and seems to be less effective for others. I've used it as a sleep aid with some success but one of my workout partners reports no benefit from it. Another possible choice is a substance called 5-HTP. 5-HTP is a derivative of the amino acid L-Tryptophan, the substance in turkey that causes you to become drowsy after a large Thanksgiving meal for instance. It's a natural substance and seems to work more reliably than Melatonin--at least from the evidence I've seen.

Good luck bro...nothin worse than sleepless nights.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by booz
    you can order off the net mate,if this dont help i find a swig of nightnurse knocks me the spark out!!!

Nightnurse booz?

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Nightnurse booz?
    its a remedy for the flu mate,but it also puts you to sleep!!

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by booz
    its a remedy for the flu mate,but it also puts you to sleep!!
    I thought you were talking about banging a nurse that works the nightshift.

Auto54 is offline Member
    OTC items you can try:

-Valerian Root (I like it)
    -Calms (IMO good stuff!)
    -Calms Forte (Just saw it... never used it & dont know what different from regular Calms)
    -Melatonin (Hear good things, but does little for me... think you have to take it a while?)
    -Regular sleeping pills (Above items work OK and I sleep better. When I have trouble sleeping OTC sleeping pills will put me out but I don't sleep all night... also make me groggy the next day!)

But why the need for a "connection" for sleeping pills? Insomnia is nothing you have to fake. If none of the above work go to the doc, tell him you can't sleep, and see about getting a script. Ambien is a good one. Just don't use Rx sleeping pills all the time.

I'm cycling right now and usually sleep like a baby.... Yet Now i roll around aimlessly and can't fall alsleep for the life of me... any ideas would be great. Thanks...
    I use to take sleeping pills when cycling, but don't have the connection anymore so I'm lost..
    I'm sure it dont matter but im on test prop, masteron, and eq

Smiley619 is offline Member
    3mg melatonin works good for me. tylenol pm should knock you out as well. we have some pills at my store called super calm tabs, its a mix of valerian root, melatonin and something else. but i heard it works pretty good.

Thanks for all the helpful tips guys... highly appreciated..

smiler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    I thought you were talking about banging a nurse that works the nightshift.
    yea that too..lol

SWOLLL is offline Associate Member
    I was having the same problem a couple of nights ago and tried melatonin and it worked great. You can get it at CVS or walgreens. Two 3mg tablets and I sleep great plus you wake up feeling rested not drugged.

SpeedDemon is offline Banned
    I'm sure it dont matter but im on test prop, masteron, and eq

There are so many drugs that treat insomnia. Just go to a doc and ask for one. I hope you have insurance cause they are pricey. Stay away from Ambien, Restoril, Sonata, Benzodiazepines (Ativan, Valium...), Tylenol pm, and Over the counter sleep aids. They are only good for a few days of use (10-12 days-Short term) and are highly addictive. Ask for Lunesta or Rozerem both are approved for long term use (more than 6 months) and are not addictive at all. By the way: Over the counter Melatonin has been proved NOT to work at all for sleep in several studies. Best of luck

SpeedDemon

POSH is offline Member
    Get some Lunesta and drink a beer!

TCEL300 is offline Member
    seraquel..spelln?....works wonders for me...leaves u a little out of it in the morning for an hour...but it works very well

1morerep is offline Associate Member
    5HTP should not be taken long term. use it 1-2 times per week. it converts very quickly to serotonin and has the risk of elevating blood levels of serotonin. too much serotonin continually in the bloodstream can damage heart valves. use one 50mg capsule of 5htp, open the capsule and dissolve the powder under the tongue for two minutes.

Thread Information