RCBBNJ is offline New Member

NEED HELP!..Injected yesterday in quad and Knee is inflammed!!!

Guys I need your help bad....First time injecting in quad I only did glute before. I injected in my quad middle right side in the meat. Went in like butter no pain. Now TODAY my upper knee is swollin,its inflammed, Bending it hurts, its weird cuz where I injected hardly hurts but my knee kills...Guys need advice or if anyone ever had this.

Defconx3 is offline Member
    What did you inject (which brand and what type), how much of it did you inject, and does it feel hot to the touch?

I ran 250mg Test eth, Quality Vet, and yes it feels warm.

I ran 250mg Test Eth, Quality Vet, and yes it does feel hot to touch.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    were the conditions sanitary i mean very sanitary and is ur gear def. legit...

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    also are u feelin sick at all...

yea my conditions were sanitary, and its legit. I didnt start feeling lil sick till just 30 min ago but i think its cuz im pissed bout the knee.

Im taking a shot tomorrow in left quad...I should still take the shot right in my other quad? so im hoping this shit gets better for tomorrow....i dont know maybe touched sumtin i didnt know bout...when drawing the juice...what would you guys do if you were me

EdMan2 is offline Associate Member
    That's interesting because I'm having the same EXACT problem. I'd never done quads before so I've been telling myself this is just due to hitting a new muscle. In your post it sounds like you're drawing and injecting with the same needle, don't do that, change your needles.

That's interesting because I'm having the same EXACT problem. I'd never done quads before so I've been telling myself this is just due to hitting a new muscle. In your post it sounds like you're drawing and injecting with the same needle, don't do that, change your needles.

how long has your knee been like that? When did you do your shot

mickdiesel is offline Senior Member
    ive heard that its good to draw and shoot with diff darts but ive never had a problem, the only issue ive heard of was it being less sharp, never unsanitary cause youre swabbing the top every time anyway. if the top was dirty then you would just be putting it in the gear anyway

Quote Originally Posted by RCBBNJ
    how long has your knee been like that? When did you do your shot
    I injected monday morning. It was fine all day, but at night it started to tighten up. I woke up this morning and it's been pretty stiff.

RC, you really need to keep an eye on it. I'd be real worried about the possiblility of an infection. I would say if it gets any worse to go see a doctor as soon as possible to get it checked out. If you need an excuse you can say you were taking injectable vitamin b12.

velvetlion is offline Banned
    Sounds like something to really keep an eye on. Sometimes injection sites can get inflamation, but having it down by your knee seems a bit strange. I would definitely see a Doc if it gets worse. If it is an infection you will be much better off getting it taken care of sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by velvetlion
    Sounds like something to really keep an eye on. Sometimes injection sites can get inflamation, but having it down by your knee seems a bit strange. I would definitely see a Doc if it gets worse. If it is an infection you will be much better off getting it taken care of sooner than later.
    Absolutely, I've heard of people having to be on IV antibiotics for WEEKS (yes it hurts like hell), and almost losing their legs from certain infections. If you take care of it immediately you may only have to take some oral antibiotics.

Yea I'd say go see a doc to possibly get some antibiotics. I have some antibiotics on hand for emergencies and although I'm in no way sure that it's an infection I started taking it today. If it doesn't start getting better in a day or two I'm definitely going to go see a doctor.

Having some "emergency" antibiotics on hand is always a good idea. I myself have some amoxicillin on hand at all times to tide me over in case of an uncomfortable situation.

swedes is offline Associate Member
    same exact thing happened to me-my whole leg was swollen up a bit and my knee was puffy. I just left it and when the swelling started to go down in a couple of days I was happy. Think the gear had too much alcohol in it or something.

FLBMWMech is offline Associate Member
    Bro-- Nothing to worry about
    I used to get inflammation lower on my quad (like around my knee) after every injection. I was using Test Cyp and Nandrolone from a local pharm so Im absolutely positive about it being legit-- It was not infection-- just a reaction to the BA in the juice. Was sore 3-4 days after injection.. but no biggy. If it was going to get infected-- you'd be a hell of alot more than just sore.

wrx
    wrx is offline Associate Member
    when i did test e shots in my quads i got 50% of the time this! it will go away by it self after 10 days, just dont hit that mucle again! do glute shots its a 100% safe. I never got anything there

This reaction a lot of us have to quad shots is a little strange. Does anyone really know the cause of it?

Thanks guys for all the advice help...im lil happy ta see im not the only one...its tues mourning by me right now and its still inflammed but not as bad but its not as sore as yesterday at all.

sorry wed mourning

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RCBBNJ
    I ran 250mg Test Eth, Quality Vet, and yes it does feel hot to touch.
    Hot to the touch is not necessarily an infection. Everyone that had an injection gone bad has had these. The pain lasts 4 to 8 days then clears up, in mean time it hurts, its hot, it lumps. The best thing you can do is in mean time, take 2 benedrils at night. Infection still show itself with hives with seriously swelling ankles/feet.

Most likely you did not go deep enough or you tried to shoot too much, the quad is not used to injection and needs breaking in, etc. Also QV gear is extremely strong with the B.Alcohol and this preservative is very harsh for first time injections. If you want to break in your quads, its best to limit first 3 or 4 injections in a particular muscle to 1.5 CC, then after maybe 2.5 CC's before working up to 3 CC. The quads can be a great place to shoot at but they need to be broken in with low doses at first, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by EdMan2
    This reaction a lot of us have to quad shots is a little strange. Does anyone really know the cause of it?
    Ironically... my quads only gave me a fit like this once... in my glutes is where I am more likely to have this reaction and a friend of mine on roids too... no problems in quads, but every 3rd glute shot, cant sit for a week with a hot lump...

I tend to believe you guys are not going deep enough, deeper is better with the needle, if just one good sized drop comes out of the muscle into the subq tissue between skin and muscle, or you had the bad luck of injecting between muscles, you get this kind of reaction every time. How many of us see oil leaking out of the injection hole? Well if this happens outof the muscle into that sub-q tissue, wallah! Life is going to be hell for a few days!

Also one tidbit.... 2 CC or less is the ideal injection, nurses literature suggest you will form scar tissue 3 times faster with injections over 2 CC's and 5 times more likely to experience injection site pain.

yea when I injected lil oil was at the top but I think it was the oil I let out for lubrication, im using 1inch pins, so i should go for 1.5 inch pin your sayin?

8pak is offline Junior Member
    I can relate completely. I had to end my first cycle a few weeks early due to these exact type of injection reactions. Just couldn't do it anymore cause they were downright crippling. Hot, red,swollen, edema down to the joint which impeded movement. Would last 6-7 days, then subside, but very difficult to walk much less workout. Glutes were tolerated the best--quads were horrid!--delts were pretty bad. Had a delt abcess at week 4 requiring I&D. Interestingly though it was a STERILE abcess--no bugs found on culture, but my body's immune system was fighting off the foreign substance just as vigorously. Also my test E was tolerated much worse than the prop I used (different brands)--go figure. I think my problem was a combination of high BA content, plus my own overactive immune system (I have other external allergies, etc). I am somewhat relieved to see that others have encountered very similar experiences.
    Anybody know of particular brands that have low BA content??

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    I tend to believe you guys are not going deep enough, deeper is better with the needle...
    RCBBNJ,
    Did you inject on an angle or mostly straight down? And did you "Z track"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Everyone that had an injection gone bad has had these. The pain lasts 4 to 8 days then clears up, in mean time it hurts, its hot, it lumps.
    Ntpa,
    Based on you're experience and the 4-8 days, what you recommend he do with subsequent shots. Obviously, he won't stick this quad until it's healed, but should he try it again after it clears?

M.

Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    RCBBNJ,
    Did you inject on an angle or mostly straight down? And did you "Z track"?

Based on you're experience and the 4-8 days, what you recommend he do with subsequent shots. Obviously, he won't stick this quad until it's healed, but should he try it again after it clears?

M.
    Well I dont want to say dont worry about quads... some of us have better places to inject then others. Some of us get more problems in the glutes, some the quads, deltoids I think should be avoided by anyone that doesnt have monsterously big arms (17 inches or more).

OK I shoot straight down. 1 inch is fine provided you go all the way - plastic touching skin, with 1.5 inch needles you dont need to go all the way but it shouldnt hurt even in quads because your thigh bone is only 1 inch around and even skinny guys have at least 4 inches of muscle before risk of hitting bone. Deeper IS better but also volume of injected fluids makes problems too. Some of us just cant tollerate more then 2 CC's... maybe divide shots up into 2 times a week and cut the volume in half, although with scar tissue in mind, avoid hitting the same spot more then once a week, once every 2 weeks is IDEAL. Oh and before you get a wild hair - NEVER DO CALVES!!!

Also one thing is, real testosterone , prop, enanthate , cypionate is very high in BA, its a pain maker for lots of people. If you mix with a stack in the same needle, like for instance, 3/4 CC deca with 1.25 CC of test e, or tren and test, etc you might find it goes much easier because tren E or deca are lower with BA and it dilutes the BA down some. You are more likely to have these pain episodes with testosterone only shots then testosterone + deca or test + tren, etc.

hrmmmmmm

My glutes gave me probs, so I switched to quads, and so far I love them. Anyone out there notice sus as just straight painful anywhere? Next Time I am going cyp or ent

Reading all of this, and being that I had problems with my first quad shot, does anyone have any pictures not from spotinj...com outlining quad shots? I've already seen all the ones on that site. I'm wondering if I hit the muscle correctly, or maybe even injected between muscles if that's possible.

Alcatraz1 is offline New Member
    Yea, sust is a killer man, also gave me the knee issue, but has cleared up. took 3 days. was strange cause first day my quad wa sore, knee fine, second both sore, third just the knee, 4 pretty much gone
    stange stuff

cant reach around to shoot my glute so just gonna live with the quads for now untill I cant take it anymore

Thread Information