Thread: Blood Pressure

Jayhawk21 is offline Junior Member

Blood Pressure

I am worried about my blood pressure. I checked it at Wal-Mart seven hours after I took two pills of OT, and it was 127/61 and 133/72. I took two readings to average. Then today, 18 days into my cycle at 50 mg ED I am at 152/74 and 148/73. Should I be worried..150 is high. I hear 150/100 is bad, but for some reason my bottom number is always way lower. I don't really know what all of this means, because I've never had to worry about my blood pressure.

BTW, I'm 23 185 lbs 5-10. Additionally, the first reading I did today I did through my long sleeve T-Shirt (Note: the before cycle test was barearmed) and it came up 129/65. I about fell out of my chair because it went down, but alas, this ended up not being the case when I did it barearmed the next two times. I just saw my doctor do that once, so I wanted to see if it made a difference.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    take some garlic tabs mate this is well known to help with high blood pressure!

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    High blood pressure is to be expected if you juice. Those numbers arnt extreme consdiering what you are doing. Just keep an eye on it. The Walmart BP testers arnt renowned for being that accurate either. Go buy an automatic one you can use at home, costs about $70

Jayhawk21 is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, I expected it to go up to about 135/80 or something, not the systolic to 150. I'm even getting nose bleeds when I blow my nose and stuff sometimes. Thanks booz, I'll pick up the garlic tabs, hopefully that can get me down in the 130's. 150 is said to do organ damage if sustained.

en1222 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawk21
    Yeah, I expected it to go up to about 135/80 or something, not the systolic to 150. I'm even getting nose bleeds when I blow my nose and stuff sometimes. Thanks booz, I'll pick up the garlic tabs, hopefully that can get me down in the 130's. 150 is said to do organ damage if sustained.

Where did you read that if your bp is 150/80 will you get organ damage??? I never heard that.. Maybe for 20 or 30 years or alot higher than that.....I am just curiuos

Unoid is offline Member
    order an assload of linsipril (zestril)

take 20mg uo to 40mg ED

Unoid is offline Member
    my father has had 150/100 for 20 years of his life and has no problems.

you cna get by that high for a duration of a cycle.

Harn is offline New Member
    Hey Jay I dont really know alot about aas thats why Im here on these boards but I am in the medical field and I can tell you dont sweat those pressures at all. Moderatly elevated pressures like That
    arent going to cause any damage. If you want to take supplents that help thats fine but dont go out and try to get any antihypertension medications then you could really hurt yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Harn
    Hey Jay I dont really know alot about aas thats why Im here on these boards but I am in the medical field and I can tell you dont sweat those pressures at all. Moderatly elevated pressures like That
    arent going to cause any damage. If you want to take supplents that help thats fine but dont go out and try to get any antihypertension medications then you could really hurt yourself.

Whats some safe natural supps one can take for lowering BP?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Celery Seed Extract is an excellent choice in this regard. Has helped me out big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Celery Seed Extract is an excellent choice in this regard. Has helped me out big time.

How much did it lower your BP?
    Can I find this stuff at a local nutrition store?

Harn is offline New Member
    When I said use supplements I was referring to Booz's sugestion of garlic. I really should read up on supplements more, but in Jays case those pressures are fine.

Edit: Celery extract, never even heard of that, mainstream medicine is really behind in certain areas exercise, diet and supplemnts to name a few.
    Last edited by Harn; 02-01-2006 at 10:08 PM.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I wish I could give you actual points it lowered it but I never checked because I knew it worked the second I took it. i was getting horrible Clen headahes from the elevated BP and I started taking Celery Seed Extract and they went bye bye.

You can get it at any supp shop I would imagine, I got mine at the Vitamin Shoppe, really really cheap too

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    I wish I could give you actual points it lowered it but I never checked because I knew it worked the second I took it. i was getting horrible Clen headahes from the elevated BP and I started taking Celery Seed Extract and they went bye bye.

You can get it at any supp shop I would imagine, I got mine at the Vitamin Shoppe, really really cheap too

I read up on it , sounds good. Said it mostly helps your joints, but also BP and cholestoral. All pluses thanks for the suggestion Giantz, I'm going to pick some up tomorrow.

Thread Information