thekidd is offline Junior Member

Can I get HGH from my Doctor??

Hey, I will be 19 years old in 2 months... I am 5'5" and have been the same height since my freshman year at high school (14 years old) ... Do you think my doctor will allow me to go on a growth hormone ? I would really like to do this before I turn 21 because I am still going through puberty right now, I barely even have any facial hair. What do you think??

My mother is 5' exactly... and my father is 5'11" by the way

Hard Head is offline Member
    U don't ask, U don't get.

SEBASTOP is offline Associate Member
    I don't know if HGH is what you need. But a Doctor should. The fact that you mention you are still going through puberty at 19 and have little facial hair would indicate a possible low testosterone problem. Good luck.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah this thread is great. Maybe if your HIV positive you can get some HGH. Better get started.

SpiderRico is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    Yeah this thread is great. Maybe if your HIV positive you can get some HGH. Better get started.
    started what f-in dirty girls haha thats so f-ed

What do you think GROWTH hormone is made for? He might be a candidate due to his short stature. Your response is immature and uncalled for.

Nice contribution to the thread.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    A liitle harsh in my book...seemed like a good question to me

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    good luck thekidd in whatever you decide

tbal250 is offline New Member
    i know a kid a few years younger then me about the same hight as you and his docter gave him the option to take it.

smiler is offline Senior Member
    what???

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Head
    What do you think GROWTH hormone is made for? He might be a candidate due to his short stature. Your response is immature and uncalled for.

Nice contribution to the thread.

Dont you think that he's a little old for HGH to be effective? I could be mistaken but isn't it prescribed at an earlier age. Now you got me curious to see if I just made an ass out of myself.

Dont you think that he's a little old for HGH to be effective? I could be mistaken but isn't it prescribed at an earlier age. Now you got me curious to see if I just made an ass out of myself.
    all depends when your growth plates close. different for everyone. but generally I'd say at 19 most are closed, but...

you may try the gh forum. lots of info there

Possibly, I think that maybe he should check to see if his growth plates are closed and even still I dont think GH would be all that effective since he's at an age where most people are done or mostly done growing. I say you just pack on the muscle and get huge that way. I honestly wish i was a bit shorter so I could have that advantage.

Possibly, I think that maybe he should check to see if his growth plates are closed and even still I dont think GH would be all that effective since he's at an age where most people are done or mostly done growing. I say you just pack on the muscle and get huge that way. I honestly wish i was a bit shorter so I could have that advantage.
    actually gh is very effective for height as long as there not closed. heard of 4 to 5 inches in 1 year

Go get that shit checked by a doc then man i stand corrected. And get me some while your at it.

Logan13 is offline Banned

since when

since when has this bothered you?

BOBBY D is offline Member

that doesn't mean anything, there is know advantage. im 5'5" & i had a hard run in gaining weight. mass just looks more obvious on a short person but it all depends on the persons genetics & bone structure.

THE KIDD, as for growth hormone , i would say give ur doctor a shot at prescribing it to u. it might not be to late, but u will have to go thru a series of blood tests to determine if u need it or not. i had the oppurtunity to go on it when i was 14, cause i had a height problem, but my doctor gave me & my parents the option to turn it down cause of the everyday injection. man do i regret not going on it. if i knew the reality of hgh in the future, i wouldve hopped all over it..

Georgie is offline Member
    the guy possibly has a legitimate medical need for HGH and this is what you tell him. I don't have any medical need beyond anti aging purposes and my doc prescribes me HGH. There is nothing at all wrong with this thread, grow up man.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie
    the guy possibly has a legitimate medical need for HGH and this is what you tell him. I don't have any medical need beyond anti aging purposes and my doc prescribes me HGH. There is nothing at all wrong with this thread, grow up man.

Maybe you should read the rest of the fvckin thread.

Also you guys are acting like this dude is 4'8". He's 5'5" when I think the average american male is around 5'8"-5'9". It's not some terrible genetic deformity he's got. He's a few inches shorter than an average male, big deal.

Also you guys are acting like this dude is 4'8". He's 5'5" when I think the average american male is around 5'8"-5'9". It's not some terrible genetic deformity he's got. He's a few inches shorter than an average male, big deal.

flexin is offline New Member
    sh it if i could get hgh from my doc i sure as hell would try its not gonna hurt to ask, you must be into bodybuilding if your on this board so it will also benifit your bodybuilding goals

Lazyman is offline New Member
    More than likely he'll say that being 5'5" isn't a medical nessity for HGH but it never hurts to ask.

billybob13 is offline Banned
    I don't think he will give it to you because one parent is short and the other is tall he is just going to say it is genetics.

yes

i do agree with this statement.

Yankeebstrd is offline Associate Member
    Back to your question. If you have the money and keep trying new docs you'll get whatever you want.

Sorry for the belated response... I was away for the week... but anyways... when I went to the doc a few months ago for my torn quad I asked the doctor if he thinks I'll still grow. He said he thinks I can possibly grow another 2 inches (50% chance) at most before I hit 21 years old. Then he said at 21 the growth plates are definately closed... I am almost 19 and this can mean that I'm still growing and I don't want to wait longer than a couple more weeks, so if my doctor wont let me give it a shot (no pun intended) then I'm probably gonna get it from someone else regardless... You only live once and I figure I might as well give it a chance before it's too late! Even if it doesnt work, at least I'll know I did all I could.
    Last edited by thekidd; 02-07-2006 at 10:52 AM.

P.S. - Should I just go to my doctor or is their a special type of doctor for Growth Hormones??

endo

Quote Originally Posted by thekidd
    P.S. - Should I just go to my doctor or is their a special type of doctor for Growth Hormones??
    endocrinologist, but probably need to be referred by your general MD.

Thanks Logan

script gh is very, very expensive, hopefully your ins. will cover it.

Find an endocrinologist that accepts your insurance plan. Call their office and specifically ask them if they specialize in growth deficiencies. Some endo's will, most will not. Discuss your desire for GH Therapy and if you are a candidate for it, they should offer a stim test as well as blood testing. I suggest getting off of your ass and doing it quite soon. Once your epiphyseal plates fuse, you ain't gonna get any taller, no matter what. Also you don't want to get caught in the middle, with one leg/arm fused and one not, and then have one appendage longer than the other, that would SUCK!

DO NOT TAKE GH AT YOUR AGE WITHOUT APPROPRIATE MEDICAL SUPERVISION!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Head
    Find an endocrinologist that accepts your insurance plan. Call their office and specifically ask them if they specialize in growth deficiencies. Some endo's will, most will not. Discuss your desire for GH Therapy and if you are a candidate for it, they should offer a stim test as well as blood testing. I suggest getting off of your ass and doing it quite soon. Once your epiphyseal plates fuse, you ain't gonna get any taller, no matter what. Also you don't want to get caught in the middle, with one leg/arm fused and one not, and then have one appendage longer than the other, that would SUCK!

DO NOT TAKE GH AT YOUR AGE WITHOUT APPROPRIATE MEDICAL SUPERVISION!!
    Ok thanks for the info!

EDIT: okay... I found an Endocrinologist and the secretary said I can't speak to the doctor because its against the hospital rules to give information about drugs over the phone.... I guess I'll just have to visit my own doc?
    Last edited by thekidd; 02-07-2006 at 03:21 PM.

Ok thanks for the info!

EDIT: okay... I found an Endocrinologist and the secretary said I can't speak to the doctor because its against the hospital rules to give information about drugs over the phone.... I guess I'll just have to visit my own doc?
    Read these words carefully, repeat them.

Growth Hormone Therapy

There is no mention of drugs here only a treatment course. Tell the lame assed secretary that you need to either know if the chosen doctor specializes in this kind of treatment for short stature and if not then you need to find another endo. If she won't answer you, speak to her supervisor and so on

Yea, thats what I told her GH Therapy... she said she can't allow that over the phone or something lol... Plus my mother is all nervous about this, I spoke to her about it last night and she dont really want me to do it but she said if I'm gonna then to go to my regular doctor first and see if she will give me a referral...

If your normal doctor won't give it to you, I guarentee another one will. That's just the way how the world works, keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by notanormalgent
    If your normal doctor won't give it to you, I guarentee another one will. That's just the way how the world works, keep looking.
    lol ya ask Rush Limbauh called doc shopping i think

tbjake34 is offline Senior Member
    I have a friend who went to the doc cause he was to small they gave him test injections not hgh

Thread Information