clb1 is offline New Member

testosterone replacement

I was feeling lousy and got labs done at my Dr. all normal except testosterone . It was 169. Is that really low? also what is the best delivery method if I have to take replacement therapy? I have never used anything before. I am a noncompetitive bodybuilder. What kind of gains if any could I expect from replacement therapy. thx

Georgie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clb1
    I was feeling lousy and got labs done at my Dr. all normal except testosterone. It was 169. Is that really low? also what is the best delivery method if I have to take replacement therapy? I have never used anything before. I am a noncompetitive bodybuilder. What kind of gains if any could I expect from replacement therapy. thx
    Yes, that is very low. Most scales go from 241-847. So yes, you are out of "normal" range. The best replacement method is by injection.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    HRT is usually prescribed at between 100mg and 250mg of Testosterone per week by injection. Some Dr's do it every two weeks , but weekly is a better option as it keeps your hormone levels more stable. As for what you will gain, that depends a lot on your diet and workout program, but even at thos low doses you will definilty see some muscle growth.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    , but even at thos low doses you will definilty see some muscle growth.
    You might in the beginning of therapy,but that will halt rather quickly.

Also one thing to keep in mind is most docs prescribe Cyp at 200 mgs every 10-14 days.I think that is idiotic myself.100 mgs weekly would be much better.Also,with Cyp the 100 mg dose is misleading since only around 70 % of the hormone is bio-available.So you are looking at roughly 70 mgs weekly which is right at normal range for a healthy young adult.Not hardly a dose you'd grow on when administered to an older individual.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    You might in the beginning of therapy,but that will halt rather quickly.

Also one thing to keep in mind is most docs prescribe Cyp at 200 mgs every 10-14 days.I think that is idiotic myself.100 mgs weekly would be much better.Also,with Cyp the 100 mg dose is misleading since only around 70 % of the hormone is bio-available.So you are looking at roughly 70 mgs weekly which is right at normal range for a healthy young adult.Not hardly a dose you'd grow on when administered to an older individual.
    Pin you are right, 200mg is rediculous. I had my levels checked after two months on 100mg and they were above the top of the range by about 300. I backed it off to 60mg and I am right on now. I do still see growth while cruising, all be it very slow, I have put on about 5lb in the last four months, nothing outstanding in normal juicing terms, but for me, at my age, I am stoked with that. Its actually stopped me from cycling again, I just keep putting it off because I am happy. I will probably start agaim in April at this stage.

Thread Information