xplicit is offline Member

Any heavy drinkers here who take gear?

Im not a huge drinker but its the summer time and that usually means more drinking. Any one here a big drinker that has had no noticeable negative effect on there cycle ? I know i will not drink when i take winnie but for eq and cyp i dont see how drinking occasionally would be harmful.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    I quit heavy drinking when I made the decision I wanted to put a serious effort into this. I still drink, but nothing in excess. I'll have a beer, couple glasses of wine with dinner, etc. while on, and it's not a big deal. Just be reasonable. No medical advice, jmo

BIGTEX is offline Associate Member
    Drinking alot will retard protein synthasis and although you may not "feel" any side effects you will not be getting as big and your body will not rebuild with the same efficency.. I have friends that smoke alot and drink alot and they never get shit from their gear... They always blame it as being bogus and shit while Im getting great gains off of it... My personal opinion is that if you are not going to eat clean or keep your body free of alcohol you may as well save your money till your ready to make tha comitment... Just my .02

BIGTEX

Vaj10 is offline Associate Member
    isnt your liver hurting enough from gear... why through alcohol into the equation.

Vaj10 is offline Associate Member
    sorry throw
    but i would try and stay away from non light beer and drinks heavy in vodka.. wine supposedly makes you more vascular...my two cents

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    I have a question since where on the subject. I never drink anymore, occasional glass of wine once in a blue moon. But Tuesday night is a big night out...many friends are getting together to celebrate with our old boss who is leaving us. He's a great guy and I gotta party like a rock start with him. So my question is since I know alcohol is bad on protein synthesis, and someone posted a great thread on this BTW(something about how long the duration of alcohol affects the significance of protein synthesis- if I remember correct it affects muscle building for days after a hard night out.) so....should I
    A. Workout the day of early morning in hopes of somewhat recuperation before the night of liquid imbalming.
    B. Take it off - so therefore the workout wouldn't be completely a loss.
    C. Take it off >>and the next day off since I'll most likely be a zombie and suffer a shitty workout.
    D. Charge it... drink and workout and not give a rats A$$.

E. who gives a shit, your a loser shut the hell up.

jowers is offline New Member
    Id say D

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Well....E but.....

I wouldn't see a reason working out the day of the drinking fest...suppose you didn't know about him leaving till that afternoon, and you already lifted that day...would you not party then?? I'd definately sleep a lot the next day, and eat a lot of protein, and quality cals.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    i2b2,
    this is just my .02, but who says you have to party like a rock star? if they ask wtf youre doing, explain it to them. plain and simple.

jmo though.........

peace bb79

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I remember the last time I tried to workout the "morning after." Fuck that, no way. If you want to lift you might as well do it early and then take the rest of the night to party. You can drink water and call it a gin tonic or substitute a nonalcoholic drink every once in a while during the night, but under no circumstance are you to drink NA beer. That shit really pisses me off.

It's pretty stupid that I'm so concerned, it's just like I feel that the workout goes to waste you know? Especially cause it's Leg Day, and I don't want all that hard work going to shit.
    Thanks for responding though. I'll just drink Tall Captain and diet's.
    Does anyone remember that thread on alcohol consumption and it's affects on interfering with muscle recuperation? It was a good read, made me never want to drink again...maybe I read it over at Elite- anyway's if I find it I'll post it. Oh and I'm not on a cycle BTW- if that matters.

xplicit is offline Member
    I know it may sound absured but when i work out in the morning after drinking the night before i really push my self good and seem to work out a little better, i have no clue why.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I was never a heavy drinker but i would drink on the weekends like maybe 10 to 15 beers and i would be fine, no sickness. But since ive been on juice, it kills my stomach to drink that much now. Im on Winn,Anadrol and Dbol .
    Live by the gun, die by the gun

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    Titans im suprised its your stomach that hurting and not your liver ... hope you are taking some ala with that cycle

No shit your crazy bro, that's a harsh ass cycle...Be carefull it could be your liver that's hurting, check up on that.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by titanstigers333
    I was never a heavy drinker but i would drink on the weekends like maybe 10 to 15 beers and i would be fine, no sickness. But since ive been on juice, it kills my stomach to drink that much now. Im on Winn,Anadrol and Dbol.
    JUst a question, no flame intended, but why in the hell dbols and abombs together, and not to mention the winny??? Don't like needles or something??? I would never touch the cycle you're doing, but that's just me. Stay healthy and go see doc from time to time, those liver values have got to be hurting.....

demetri is offline Member
    an occasional drink, or drunk now and again will not hurt anyone. If you drink regulary then you're not doing yourself any favors (I've had one drunk this year and it was a doozy).

What I've found while on a cycle or even just after having finished one is that I can drink lots. Normally I would be buzzed on 6 drinks but when mixed in with V I find that I'm more into the 10 to 12 drink range to get buzzed. Never been hung over when on a cycle either.

... could be in my head, I do have an over active imagination.

10 to 12 drinks! I guess I'm not that big a drinker after all.

Thread Information