solid-d is offline Member

Increasing Growth Hormone

Many nutrients have been shown to increase growth hormone in both young and old subjects. The amino acids Arginine and Ornithine have been used for a number of years to enhance production of growth hormone since they were first popularized by Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw in their book, " Life Extension: A Practical Scientific Approach."

A synergistic effect also has been shown between Arginine and another amino acid, lysine. According to a 1981 study by Italian researcher A. Isidori, M.D., and his associates at the University of Rome, the combination of 1,200 mg of lysine and 1,200 mg of Arginine in 15 male volunteers between 15 and 20 was 10 times more effective than taking Arginine alone.

Glutamine is the latest amino acid to generate excitement as a GH releaser, thanks to a 1995 study by Tomas C. Welbourne of Louisiana State University College of Medicine in Shreveport. Welbourne showed that a surprising small oral dose two grams of glutamine raised growth hormone levels more than four times, compared with subjects given a placebo. Even more exciting, age did not diminish the response, at least in this study of volunteers ranging from 32 to 64 years of age.

Another powerful GH releaser is GHB (gamma hydroxybutyrate), a naturally occurring substance found in every cell of the human body, including the brain. A Japanese study of GHB found that a dose of 2.5 grams given intravenously to six young healthy men increased their levels of growth hormone nine fold within 30 minutes, and that they rose to 16 times over baseline levels within one hour! The stimulation of growth hormone no doubt accounts for its reputation among bodybuilders as one of the best fat burning, muscle building compounds. (Note: Among the side effects associated with the use of GHB are drowsiness and muscle spasms).
    GHB is not "available over the counter" but GABA, it's precursor is.

Many nutrients have been shown to increase growth hormone in both young and old subjects.

solid-d is offline Member
    I copied and posted this article from some research I did and found. I forgot where I found it to give it its credits due, but is very infomitive.

Im woundering if anyone has tryed these supplements and what were the results.

Thread Information