JP1570 is offline Senior Member

arimidex and nolvadex together?

I'm thinking about getting a vial of liquidex (4mg/ml and 20ml) and some nolva to go hand in hand. I'd take .25mg ed of liquidex and wait and see what happens. If I see any signs of gyno, I'd start taking 10 or 20mg ed of nolva. What do ya'll think about using the 2 in conjunction???

skii96 is offline Member
    you should always have nolva on hand but you probably wont need it. if gyno signs start to show up just bump up the liquidex doseage.

The reason for doing this is that the liquidex is so expensive, and using the 2 together would be much cheaper.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    JP, A lot of guys take both with good results. I myself just use nolva but I'm lucky and haven't had problems yet (knock on wood)
    Last edited by RON; 05-27-2002 at 03:46 PM.

thanks, I think I'm gonna try it. At wk 2, I may just start taking 10mg ed of nolva just to be safe. I doubt that will hinder my gains much.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by JP1570
    thanks, I think I'm gonna try it. At wk 2, I may just start taking 10mg ed of nolva just to be safe. I doubt that will hinder my gains much.
    I run nolva every cycle and have still gotten great gains. I've heard that it hinders gains too. The theory behind it is sound but if it does hinder them I havent seen it.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I agree with Ron, you should be fine. I would have both. I know how expensive Armidex is, but if you take it correctly it will keep the gyno down, may want to save the Nolv (if you don't need it) till the end of your cycle, when you start running low on Armidex. I found that always towards the last 3 weeks of my cycle, my gyno symptoms are almost gone. I guess my body goes into shock when I first start gear. After a while my body get's used to it.
    All in all, you will fine. Remember you might not want to use them (armidex and nolv) unless you start seeing gyno symptoms.

Thanks guys, but I know I'm prone to gyno, so instead of waking up everyday and feeling my pecs and being paranoid about the slightest itch or sign of bloat, I think I'm just gonna play it safe this time and run them throughout. Losing 5 pounds is a small price to pay for knowing you won't get titties.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Just use the Nolv. if you see signs of Gyno. Don't be too paranoid! The Liquidex might do the trick--then you have Nolv. on hand for the next cycle!

Originally posted by Ajax
    Just use the Nolv. if you see signs of Gyno. Don't be too paranoid! The Liquidex might do the trick--then you have Nolv. on hand for the next cycle!
    You're right, I just know I'm prone to it and I'll only be taking a small amount of liq (.25mg ed) so I may just take the nolva for peace of mind.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by JP1570

You're right, I just know I'm prone to it and I'll only be taking a small amount of liq (.25mg ed) so I may just take the nolva for peace of mind.
    One more time: I would recommend justtaking it when yu see signs of gyno. It's a waste of good Nolvadex if you take it when the liquidex might do the job. Nolvadex will stop the gyno cold if you start it when you see symptoms appeaing.

jelly is offline Associate Member
    Just something I found.. May or may not be relevant..

"ARIMIDEX should not be taken with tamoxifen or estrogen-containing therapies"

http://www.arimidex-us.com/index.aspx

"At a median follow-up of 33 months, the combination of ARIMIDEX and tamoxifen did not demonstrate any efficacy benefit when compared with tamoxifen in all patients as well as in the hormone receptor-positive subpopulation. This treatment arm was discontinued from the trial. Based on clinical and pharmacokinetic results from the ATAC trial, tamoxifen should not be administrated with anastrozole."

It further states that,

"Co-administration of anastrozole and tamoxifen resulted in a reduction of anastrozole plasma levels by 27% compared with those achieved with anastozole alone. Estrogen containing therapies should not be used with ARIMIDEX as they may diminish pharmacologic action."

http://www1.astrazeneca-us.com/pi/arimidex.pdf

In my opinion Aromasin should be used instead of Arimidex (L-dex), the major problems being it's super expensive price and unavailability to the non-prescribed users..

Gears is offline Member
    Does it bother anyone else that there are no numbers for comparason for the IFG-1 reducing effects of Tamox? It could be completely meaningless if the numbers are barley noticeable. Does anyone have any further evidence on how much IFG-1 it reduces?

jelly is offline Associate Member
    Ahh... nevermind.... found this...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan View Post
    What your reading is for post-menopausal women with early-stage, hormone-receptor-positive disease.

That information came from the ATAC Trial...... where a study was conducted to show the effectivness of Arimidex alone, Nolvadex alone, and Arimidex and Nolvadex together. The study showed that Arimidex worked best with out Nolva, and Arimidex was also beter then using Nolvadex alone.

What we use it for is to block the conversion of test to estogen with Arimidex. Nolva will keep receptors clear of any estrogen trying to bind to them. Nolva also mimics estrogen in the liver which will help in keeping lipids stable.

Thread Information