Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member

is Nolvadex Catabolic?

if you were to run clomid AND nolva post cycle, i heard it would be benefital to speeding up "healing" of your nuts instead of just using clomid.

but then, I heard somewhere nolva is catabolic,, and you dont exactly want that post cycle. So is this true?

Opinions wanted!!

BUMP
    Last edited by Iron horse; 05-28-2002 at 04:52 PM.

bump again.

JMD
    JMD is offline Associate Member
    bump again

bump

the quest aka ef is offline Junior Member
    I never heard of noval being catabolic. the only thing that could lead someone to think it's catabolic would be that noval decreases IGF1 and IGF1 is very useful for muscle growth.
    I'll bump.. this for some mods or vets for more imput.

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by the quest aka ef
    I never heard of noval being catabolic. the only thing that could lead someone to think it's catabolic would be that noval decreases IGF1 and IGF1 is very useful for muscle growth.
    I'll bump.. this for some mods or vets for more imput.
    That is correct. When running nolvadex during a cycle, you will not realize the gains that you would without it.

However, many people must run it to combat the effects of gyno. Now that we have arimidex and the other various anti-e's, there is really no need to run it at all unless you are showing definite signs of gyno.

I see no reason at all to run it post cycle, again unless you already have lumps and must keep the receptor fully activated to assure that you do not worsen the symptoms that are already there.

Also, there is always a chance of rebound when the nolva is discontinued and the receptor becomes free.

AZlifter is offline Associate Member
    bump.....would it be good to run Novaldex in the weeks between your last injection and clomid....i ask to see if this will help keep your gains more and also reduce water.....help please

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Nolvadex and Clomid are closely related drugs. In fact, they both do the same things: block estrogen and help restore natural test. production, however, Nolvadex is a far more efficient estro-blocker and Clomid is far more effective at restoring test. production.

There is no need to take both.

AZLifter: you are at high risk of gyno in the weeks between when you finish your last injection and when you start Clomid 'cuz you will have higher estrogen levels relative to your testosterone levels . I don't know that you need to take Nolvadex unless you see signs of gyno, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Thread Information