Thread: Help !!

themask is offline New Member

Help !!

hello ,
    went yesterday to the hospitol due to chest pain
    they did :
    1.EKG-NORMAL
    2.X-RAY chest - normal
    3.blood test - very High CPK ( 3000 first day 1000 2nd day)
    4.blood pres.- Normal , amazing, low !! 110/54
    i am currently at the hospital , they don't want to release me yet .
    im currently on a sus cycle 500 mg -week 4
    my practice has alot of aerobics in the morning
    and wieght lifting at afternoon .
    the doctors said that this appears when muscle tissue brakes down

1. is this common in all cyclers ??
    2. is this an indication that im also building muscle ( becide the wieght )
    3. can i continue do aerobics , or should i stop everything now
    Last edited by themask; 05-28-2002 at 05:18 AM.

AZlifter is offline Associate Member
    bump...

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Dude your at the hospital, listen to what the doc has to say.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    If you are asking if chest pain and hospitalization are a normal part of every cycle--HELL NO!

You might want to level with the Doctor about using AS and ask his advice. (Any more opinions on this idea?)

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Well I had a personal experience just like this one a few years ago, when I was doing one of my first cycles. It was a dbol /deca cycle. I was bout 3 weeks into the cycle, I went to the doctor thinking I was having a heart attack, and you know what it ended up being? A pulled muscle of some kind yes, in my chest. My doc told me that it was musclular not anything with my heart. this has been some 8 years ago, and my ole ticker is still with me.
    But do listen to your doc, I was lucky, and nothing became of it, I would be up front with him about your AS.
    BTW how old are you?

BodyJihad is offline New Member
    I sympathize with your situation bro.. but as more senior members of this board have said already: please be more descript in your subject headings.. it will allow people w/ experience in the area you need help in to help you out.. HELP !! doesn't tell anyone anything.. just something to keep in mind..

4plates is offline Banned
    same thing happened here bro,i was carted away in an ambulace to the ER thinking i was having a heart attack,turned out to be a torn pec.
    they ran bloodwork and xrays and all that shit
    they looked at my blood and asked what i was on,because my blood was all screwed up,i told them creatine and left the hospital

viper is offline Member
    a ck will tell if you have any muscle breakdown like from a trauma....they can do a ck-mb to be more specific for cardiac tissue, but chest trauma (like from benching) can elevate it also....

if you look in lead 2,3 and avf and see an elevation of the st segment less than 1mm or inverted t-waves this is a sign of myocardial ischemia which can cause chest pain...
    on the ekg, if the st segment is greater than 1mm or the q waves are wider than 0.04 mm, it indicates anterior wall infarction or what is called a heart attack...
    2 other lab tests that need to be done are checking your troponin 1 and myoglobin levels....the ck is reliable but takes 12 hours after the incident to show up and usually resolves or lowers in 72 hours....these other test will confirm with the ekg and ck-mb wheither you had any cardiac damage....

4plates is offline Banned
    Originally posted by viper
    a ck will tell if you have any muscle breakdown like from a trauma....they can do a ck-mb to be more specific for cardiac tissue, but chest trauma (like from benching) can elevate it also....

if you look in lead 2,3 and avf and see an elevation of the st segment less than 1mm or inverted t-waves this is a sign of myocardial ischemia which can cause chest pain...
    on the ekg, if the st segment is greater than 1mm or the q waves are wider than 0.04 mm, it indicates anterior wall infarction or what is called a heart attack...
    2 other lab tests that need to be done are checking your troponin 1 and myoglobin levels....the ck is reliable but takes 12 hours after the incident to show up and usually resolves or lowers in 72 hours....these other test will confirm with the ekg and ck-mb wheither you had any cardiac damage....

not laughing at you bro, im laughing at me!!

viper is offline Member
    cool 4plates....it can be a little much some times....

some docs that dont have alot of cardiology experience will not think to run these extra tests....didnt know what type of hospital he was in (rural hospital or teaching hospital)....
    thought the extra info would help him ask better questions of his provider....hope it helps....

CPK levels

Hi ,
    im still at the hospital ....err wanna go and do all the missing workouts...

btw: i had little pain on the left side of the chest and that got me a little
    worried ... when i went for the tests ( ekg, x-ray ) was all fine
    the only problem was with the blood tests ...
    my question was :
    is the high amounts of CPK normal when you r on roids ??
    is that the main reason that it is bad for the kittney ?
    btw : in a few hours i will consulte with the head of the department
    and ask for his advice ... and i will post it here

* for of those that didn't start roids and thinking about it ,
    learn everything you can before you go on your first cycle !!

ppl i hope that your keeping up the good work !!
    join u soon back in the gym

Peace

viper is offline Member
    bro...there are several things that can elevate creatinine phospokinase- trauma,increased use of salicylates or diuretics, excessive exercise,rhabdomyolysis(injury to skeletal muscle results in leakage of intracellular contents into plasma) and steroid use can cause it, the list goes on.....baycol was discontinued because of this problem...

the cpk test should tell if it was myocardial or skeletal related due to the different isoenzymes..although i would like to see some troponin t and I results too...

other things to look at: are you a diabetic, use excessive creatine or ephedrine-...these can also cause the problem...

i'm a little concerned with the chest pain you are having...although the fact that it is on the outer left wall of your chest sounds promising...
    have the physician check you for costochondritis (easy test- md will palpate the area where you had the pain if it is sore, that is a positive test)...it is usually caused by chest trauma or bacterial or fungal infections....easy to treat...

wish i could be more specific about things, but it is difficult to diagnose without seeing you and haveing access to needed blood work, ekg and x-rays......just throwing out some possibilities....

good luck bro....and always ask alot of questions and have evrything explained to your satisfaction by the md.....

ps...definitely let us know how it turns out...im very interested in the findings....later

i'm back !

well got out
    going to the jym in a few hours ..
    Viper these are the blood test :

AST : 76-46
    ALT : 58-51
    ALP : 67
    CPK : 2772-975-380
    LDH : 378

chol : 131
    TG : 50
    urate :4.2
    prot : 67
    alb : 39
    cluc: 80
    urea : 29
    great : 29
    Na : 137.9
    K : 4.17
    Ca : 8.9

using supp :
    glutamine , creatine, ephedrine , whey prot. , centrum , arginine ,
    OMEGA-3 oil , SMS relief , Mg + Cl , GABA

on a sus cycle ( 500mg every week ) shooting twice a week
    at fridays and monday's

q: what happends if i shoot by mistake to the vein?

viper is offline Member
    1- ast-alt are elevated - liver involvement is suspected
    2- alp- 67 (20-140) - normal
    3- cpk - elevated - need to know which type of cpk isoenzyme was elevated...ck-bb1 (brain) , ck-mb2 (heart) , ck-mm3 (muscle)....your numbers show cell damage, but can't specify where without the specific isoenzyme...
    4- ldh- 378 (100-330)...like cpk, shows cell damage but need specific isoenzyme...ldh1-heart , ldh2-wbc , ldh3-lung , ldh4-kidney , ldh5-liver or muscle....
    5- chol- 131...need ldl(bad cholesterol) and hdl(good) ratios...
    6- triglycerides are ok.....
    7- protein- 67 - ok...
    8- albumin- hope you ment 3.9 - if yes, you are absorbing adequate protein...
    9- glucose- 80 - ok...most likely not a diabetic problem...glucose tolerance test would confirm...but we dont need it...
    10- urea- 29- you are taking in alot of protein...good boy...
    11- sodium 137...ok, but drink more water...getting close to low
    12- potassium and calcium - ok......

if i knew what isoenzyme they tested we would be in business....what did your md tell you before you were discharged....hope they didnt say that things are returning to normal so we will follow-up in a few months.....
    if you shoot in a vein by mistake, most people would just get dizzy and hot flashes....not knowing if you have any tissue damage (thats right, i still need to know which isoenzymes were elevated)...you may have a bigger problem......
    did you inject in a vein before this happened and stressed you heart a little to much...just a thought.....ASPIRATE ...

bro...i think i need to know your insurance provider....with all this, i feel i need to bill someone....haha......later...

Thread Information