EmptyWallet is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Can anyone here actually tell a difference when taking grapefruit juice with orals?

Can anyone here actually tell a difference when taking grapefruit juice with orals? I mean hell I'll do it if someone can actually say they see it works but I'm low carbing now and I dont want to jack that up with the grapefruit juice, or actually, would the grapefruit juice have a signifigant impact on my carbs? Hell, someone steer me in the right direction here.....

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    grapefruit juice? thats a new one on me.

Billmister is offline Member
    bump

SUPERDAVE is offline Banned
    bump

holly is offline New Member
    I think I know what empty is referring to - grapefruit juice contains something called narginen (spelling may be incorrect) which is proported to increase the efficiacy of certain drugs.

Not a juicer myself though (yet) so cannot help you from firsthand knowledge.

Was interested so I did a search - found this:

Narginen – flavonoid high in grapefruit juice; inhibits first-pass metabolism of many drugs detoxified through the Cyp3A4 enzyme-antiporter system in the intestine (tips of villi).

Seems relevant, don't understand what the implications are though.
    Last edited by holly; 05-29-2002 at 06:46 AM.

EmptyWallet is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by holly
    I think I know what empty is referring to - grapefruit juice contains something called narginen (spelling may be incorrect) which is proported to increase the efficiacy of certain drugs.

Not a juicer myself though (yet) so cannot help you from firsthand knowledge.
    Exactly, people over at elite (i know, i know) rave about it and at anabolicfitness.com as well. Utler flat out stated him self that it increases your blood levels up to 139 percent. I'll see if I can find some stuff on it to present to you guys.

RiptUp is offline Junior Member
    I've heard it with all orals even prescription drugs. It increases the amount of the actual drug that is absorbed and used in the body. I take it with caffeine and ephedrine.

Ask a Dr. or pharmacist about it. It can be dangerous with certain prescriptiopn drugs.

Thread Information