G-S Guest

My Final FINA is cloudy -

Is that normal? Looks thick and murky a lil...piss color I guess.

chemripped is offline Banned
    it should look like piss...golden like apple juice. Did you prefilter and syringe filter it? Which kit did you use?

Chem...

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Same thing happened when I last converted.

I would recommend refiltering.

Hit me with a PM if needed.

TxLonghorn is offline Junior Member
    It's fine. The cloudiness is just some condensation that occurred during your conversion process. A good solution is venting the vial and putting it in the oven at 200 degrees. That should evaporate enough of the condensation and leave you with a clear solution.

However, this is certainly not necessary and would only be for cosmetic purposes.

DiMensionX is offline Member
    GS, what directions did you follow? I only ask because if you used the coffee filter and pre-filter it really should be clear. Condensation is a possibility but I haven't run in to it yet. I know that if there is too much pressure placed on the syringe while filtering it can sometimes blow some crap through, but not enough to turn the whole bottle nasty.

DMX

G-S Guest
    I used a mixture of directions, but pretty much followed yours. I prefiltered, and use coffer filter..etc...

I'm gonna try baking it.

DiMensionX is offline Member
    I noticed that after baking it actually made mine "slightly" more cloudy. However if it is condensation then baking it should remove the condensation.

Animal and others swear that the cloudiness is not a big deal. Towards the end of my last bottle mine got to be very dark amber with some swirls of crap in it. I still shot it, no big deal.

DMX

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    i just refiltered mine and let it drip real slow. It is soo perdy right now I took a while but I love the end result. Its more or less cosmetic and should be fine either way. Personally I feel better about shooting it when I can read a 6 point font clearly through the vial. But thats just me

G-S Guest
    If it's okay cloudy, then I guess I'll give it a shot. Still have to wait another 6 weeks.

BIGBry is offline Junior Member
    You should be able skip the coffee filter if you do it with in the hour and you will not get the cloudiness. By the way cloudiness will not hurt you one bit, but looks better if you don't get it.

G-S Guest
    Should I put this shit in the fridge?

Thread Information