goldenFloyd is offline Member

Interview with Caminiti RE Steroids

Whassup all. Just thought I'd start a thread about the very interesting interview I am listening to with Ken Caminiti (sp?) regarding steroids . He basically said that he would not do it again if he had the chance, even though he got MVP and millions of $ from it. He said that using absolutely let him take the next step and increased his performace allowing him to "turn the page". the interviewer asked him how much of his taking back saying "50% of major leaguers use" is due to the recent media backalsh, caminiti answered (imo) honestly and said that he wasn't sure of exactly why he himself is taking it back, if it was because he felt the backlash or if it is because he didnt' know that for a fact. What i found interesting was that he said that he used without anyone knowing, completely scared of letting anyone know and going to TJ and using the black market for his needs. He said he sauced to heal an injury only (dubious). He says he would never do them again because he is suffering long term probs. the interview asked what kind of probs and he said that test levels are 130-140 and he needs to take .5cc a week of test to stay normal (500-750). IMO, this sounds like maybe he didn't do all his research before starting. He said he was "hoping" to get things back on track regarding his test levels. I would have thought that most of these guys would at least consult some sports-oriented sauce sympathetic physicians (a la James Woods' character in Any Given Sunday). Anyway, very interesting to hear it from the horses' mouth live. I don't think the sauce is as much a problem in the major leagues as it is with kids in high school who are now hearing that all major leaguers are using so now they feel the need to. This media backlash against juice is only going to perk up the ears of opportunistic atheletes who are too young to be juicing and alert them to something that they otherwise might have discovered on their own when they were old enough to responsibly use and minimize risks involved. Thought you all would find this interesting. (dunno if this belongs in discussion)...

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    don't go to www.kencaminiti.com

Thread Information