Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member

female dieting plan, how much of what?

let this get answered a bit before moving this please... since it doesnt belong here.

if my girlfriend is trying to loos weight, and is consuming 1500 calories daily. what percent should be protien/fat/carbs?

so could you tell me how much protien and many carbs she should eat? and a rough estimate on fat in take. remember she's dieting.

thanks bro's and gal's

come on, someone has lost weight on this board! how many grams of protien and carbs and fat should she eat to loose?

DiMensionX is offline Member
    Well, I'm not a female so this may be wrong but I know when I've dropped to 1500 cals, hell even 2000 cals a day my body STOPS shedding fat. I got into starve mode and my body starts gaining weight.

I'm sure some more folks might help if you post her weight, height, training, BF, and all that jazz. You might want to get her to join the female board here as well.

DMX

good point.

she's (hieght 5'3.5) 122 pounds, and has 1500 calories daily (she had problems, and must have that amount). she maintains perfectly at that amount as well.

what ratio to protien/carbs/fats should she eat, if she wants to loose weight?

she's done mostly cardio in the past and recently incorperated weight lifting. she's fairly strong (not like the women on here however) and has a bit of padding around her body.

she lifts EOD and does cardio on those days as a warm up and abit after.
    on the days she doesnt lift she's incorperate 45 minutes of cardio as well.

bump

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    IMO
    I would drop carbs to about 30% utilizing only oatmeal & brown rice, I would also count vegetables to this. Eating a butt load of celery. It has no calories and is very good for fibre.
    Increase fibre intake greatly, I would suggest double but at least 20-25g, use a supplement if needed
    Protein at 60% using minimal supplements to reach that amount, always go for real food if possible.
    Fats at 10% only by flax, good oils like olive, and meat products. Saturated no more than 7-10g a day.
    Spreading meals to 6-7 throughout the day
    With weight training, as she gains muscle she'll lean up more
    Last of all I would get some ALA to take with meals.
    These are only opinions as I'm definately no authority when it comes to diet on a womans point of view.

thanks for post dude

rexflexall is offline Associate Member
    when trying to lose weight and keep muscle you must keep the protein up but lower carbs and fats. bottom line you must be burning more calories during the course of your day than you're taking in. so it depends on how much cardio, weight training, and other activities you are doing in accordance to how much you're taking in.

thanks but does anyone know ratio's for protien/carbs/fats for her to lower her weight?

bump again

primodonna is offline Female Member
    There's no set ratio that will work for everyone...if there was, and i knew it, i would be a rich woman...but...

Protein - at least 50%
    Carbs - no more than 30%
    Fat - adjust according to the above numbers...

If carbs go lower, protein/fat goes higher

I wouldn't worry about losing weight...if she does it correctly, she may not lose actual numbers on the scale, but she will be losing fat which i'm sure is what she ultimately wants

What are her numbers now? If it's not working, you need to change something and without knowing them, it is difficult to see what we can adjust

The weight training will help a lot, even if she doesn't change a thing with her diet from where it is now

I would drop the cardio after weight training...if she has been doing it every day (which it looks like she has been), it is probably too much

1500 calories/day isn't a lot of food, even without doing cardio 7 days/week
    What happens here, stays here

Thread Information