Luke is offline Associate Member

Possible to gain muscle on T3 ??? Please help...

OK, here's the sotry bros. I really need your help.
    I'm going to Europe in 7 weeks. I'm currently on this cycle:

Week 1-5: Fina at 75mg/eod injected
    Week 1-8: Test Cypionate at 500mg/week. except for weeks 3-6 when I do 250mg Omna/week instead of 250 Testex (I run out of Testex :-))
    Week 4-8: Winstrol (drinking) at 25mg ed

Besides that I do:
    - Creatine at 5g/day
    - Armidex at 0.25mg/day
    - Yohimburn twice a day on the needed areas.

I keep my proteins at about 250g/day (I weight 170 lbs).
    Calories at about 3400.

Now... the problem is that during next 7 weeks, I would like to drop body fat (about 5%) and I would like to add T3 (Cytomel , at 75mcg/day max). Here's a few things that I still can't solve by myself.

1) If I stay at that cal. intake I'll keep getting fat as I am right now.
    Then, last three weeiks I can cut down to 1000 cals/day, but I don't think that will be enough to drop the bf percantage by 5-7%. I could add T3 for the last 3 weeks, but that might not be enough time for it too act, and especially with T3 and dropping the calories, I might loose a lot of muscle.

2) So I opted to start T3 now (BTW, I'm in the third week of the cycle) and do it for 5 weeks (75mcg/day max) with the proper 2 weeks of dropping easing out. Now... there's two problems I'm having with this...

T3 will greatly speed up metabolic rate, so 3400 might now be enough... but if I add more, then T3 will not burn the fat I want... If I keep the cals at current 3400, can I still make gains of the above cycle (Test, Fina and Winstrol???) Will T3 halt the speed of the gains? Or will I not gain anything and just loose some fat since T3 is catabolic???

I'm very confused about this and I would appreciate your help bros...

Later.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    all i know is T3 has been known to cause loss of muscle mass bro..

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Pick one or the other: adding muscle (bulking) or losing fat (cutting).

If you are already taking T3, you are gonna burn calories like mad. So it looks like you've made your decsion already: consider this a cutting cycle. (Unless you eat a SHITLOAD of food, you are gonna drop weight, so bulking is out.)

The AS you are taking will help prevent muscle loss that the a reduced calorie diet / T3 could cause and the fina will add a lot of hardness & definition.

Keep calories low, do cardio, keep the reps high when you work out and be single-minded about getting ripped!

Get rid of the idea of adding mass this cycle: just focus on fat loss & defintion. You'll hit the beaches looking buff!

Originally posted by Ajax
    Pick one or the other: adding muscle (bulking) or losing fat (cutting).

The AS you are taking will help prevent muscle loss that the a reduced calorie diet / T3 could cause and the fina will add a lot of hardness & definition.

Keep calories low, do cardio, keep the reps high when you work out and be single-minded about getting ripped!
    Hey bro,
    thanks for the info. Should I reduce the calories when on T3??? I mean shouldn't it burn like hell (the calories) so if I keep tham at current 20-22 x bw in lbs I should be still getting ripped, no? Maybe if I keep the calories like now, I can still make some gains in lean muscle when on T3... while still buring the unwanted fat???

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I can't say for sure. I've never really done that. I am either 100% cutting or 100% bulking. I am of the philosophy that you should be doing on or the other 100%.

Trying to build muscle and lose fat is walking the knife's edge. I did that naturally for amny years--and I look back at that time as a COMPLETE WASTE of my time. I didn't gain much muscle and I didn't lose a lot of fat!

Now I do one or the other like I said. I have not tried doing both on AS so I can't comment authoritatively on the topic, but most people seem to follow the "bulk OR cut" philosophy--and there must be a good reason. (Maybe not--sometimes BB philosphy is built more on Dogma than fact!)

If your main goal is losing BF--go for it! Plan long term and look at this as one step. I have my goals planned out for a year in advance and I look at each cycle (and non-cycle times) as building blocks to reach my goal. I try to do each step 100%, then move on to the next. You get bogged down if you try to do it all at once...

But the rest of you guys--give some more opinions on this.

John Hubbard is offline Associate Member
    You can gain using T-3 while on AS but not at 75mcg/day. But at 25mcg/day you actually enhance the effects of the AS by increasing protein synthesis. You still won't get rid of the fat like you want at that dosage though. Like Ajax said you should do one or the other. I personally run a 16 week split cycle consisting of the first half bulking and the second half cutting. It's just my personal preference and it seems to work very well for me.

Originally posted by John Hubbard
    You can gain using T-3 while on AS but not at 75mcg/day. But at 25mcg/day you actually enhance the effects of the AS by increasing protein synthesis. You still won't get rid of the fat like you want at that dosage though. Like Ajax said you should do one or the other. I personally run a 16 week split cycle consisting of the first half bulking and the second half cutting. It's just my personal preference and it seems to work very well for me.
    16 weeks of T3??? It hasn't shut down your thyroid yet?

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Originally posted by Luke

16 weeks of T3??? It hasn't shut down your thyroid yet?
    I think he means 16 week split cycle, 8 weeks bulking and 8 weeks cutting...only 8 weeks on T-3...

XXL
    Last edited by MIKE_XXL; 05-29-2002 at 05:12 AM.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Not sure about him, but i have run it for 16 weeks of cutting, and no problems. There is NOTHING documented anywhere that can prove that t3 can shut you down for good. In thoery it could, but doesn't seem to be the case.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm running T3 along with liqua clen , test prop and EQ. I'm running the T3 for 6 weeks and have just started day 6 at 125mcg's. I haven't dropped a single pound. Diet is relativly clean and calories are low for a 240lb guy using test. Before you go there, I know for a fact the gear is real. Anyway, I've held off on cardio as I didn't want to go catabolic by burning fat too quickly, but since I'm not burning fat at all, I'm adding cardio 4-5 times per week starting tomorrow.

Guto is offline Banned
    5th post ive edited.... -ppp
    Last edited by PaPaPumP; 05-31-2002 at 05:50 PM.

Thread Information