Timbo is offline New Member

High blood pressure

Is there anyone out there that has high blood pressure and is taking AS? A friend of mine wants to try some, but he is on Lotrel for high blood pressure. His BP is fine with the med, but he is worried about drug interactions, etc. Anyone out there in the same boat as my friend? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

DiMensionX is offline Member
    I can't speak about taking the BP med WITH ASS but here is a little of my story.

I was very overweight, had high BP, 190/140ish on average and a resting pulse of 120. I started hitting the shit out of the cardio and dropped a lot of my bad habits. It took 6 months but my BP and RPR came down to sane levels and I stopped the BP med I was on, it was atenolol 50mg/ed.

I have Atenolol and Asperin on hand. I take an asperin from time to time to help thin the blood on those certain days. Your friend needs to consult his Dr, get his BP in check, make sure his diet is right, find the true reason for the high BP and do everything in his power BEFORE he even contemplates ASS.

If his BP is high because of his lifestyle and he has not made serious lifestyle changes then he is not a person that has the commitmant to do ASS responcibly. This may not be what he wants to hear but it is the cold hard truth. You don't get second chances with the old ticker.

Thats my opinions,

DMX

DiMensionX is offline Member
    Boy my spelling sucks sometimes:-).

DMX, DXM, XDM, whatever:-) Fucking dyslexic fingers!

Timbo is offline New Member
    Here is a little more back ground on my friend: 20 yrs old. He is in excellent shape, can run 3 miles in under 18 minutes, lifts weights. His high blood pressure is hereditary.

Thread Information