androplex is offline Donating Member

Angry I just got off the phone with my HRT doctor and I told him about my use of DECA

I ask my doctor about deca and also told him the truth about injecting 6 days ago with 340 mg. He was pretty cool about it.

He was very much aware of what deca is and I think he new his stuff.

He said that he would never offically perscribe this drug to anyone. In his opinion it was hard on the liver. Remember this is the doctor that believes in perscribing test and hgh to guys over 32 where their blood work shows they have low test levels compared to the age chart not just the normal range from 200 - 900 (estimate here on the range).
    Its hard to find doctors like this.

He told me to get back with him if I decided to stay on deca because I would need blood work done every month and he would need to check things out. He also said not to stay on it for very long if I decide to continue it.

He felt that I needed to be patient and I would see good gains on the hgh and test. Pls remember that he is not prescribing me test and hgh for gains in the gym. He is only doing it because my levels are low relative to my age. It is a side benefit that I am getting from taking test and hgh as far as gains in the gym. The purpose is to bring my levels up due to my age and the fact that my soldiers just dont put out enough as they use to.

He also said that RU486 is so bad on guys system that it would not be something he would write a script for me if I needed it for gyno and did not think it would help all that much anyway for anti progesterone for gyno.

I dont know what I am going to do. I am going to need to think about it.

I hope if you are reading this you appreciate the fact that I posted it. I feel like a drug user. , I really do! My heart says to keep taking the deca but my brain says you fool what if you get gyno or screw your liver up.....

I just wanted to share what happen and hope that it helps others too. This doctor is the doctor that has worked really close with me and knows a lot about age related drugs like test and hgh.

If anyone wants to chime in and give me their opinion pls dont hesitate. Thats why I posted this on the open board.

btw my doctor is a really cool guy, he ended the conversation with, dont let the suduction of taking to much or the wrong things to pull you into doing something you might not like down the road just to be able to put a few more plates on the bench press.

RU486 is out for deca gyno, and deca can give you gyno according to my doctor but whats worse is it is hard on the liver according to the doctor.

Ok flame away guys..... I want to hear your thoughts....pls......

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    No flame, actually it sounds very informative. Did he reccommend taking something else besides the Deca ? You should probably listen to the guy or make another call and tell him you want a safer alternative to Deca.

You're not a "junkie"

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    well,
    i agree with you, open minded doctors are very hard to find. and if you think he actually has some background in this field, and isnt just shining you on, then i say that you might keep an open mind as well, and give anything he might have to add some serious thought.
    you ARE a drug user bro, but not a typical lowdown junkie user. youre using your head and imho, doing the smart thing by telling your doc what youre doing.
    i for one am pleased that you took the time to post this, it might help someone else make a smart decision down the road.

peace bb79

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    if you havent been a major alochalic all your life and get blood tests done every month I wouldnt worry to much about your liver.

about deca gyno, luckly its fairly rare. and you could always stop it, if gyno symptoms occur. (bitch tits dont come overnight)

so are you saying that I could stop the deca if I started getting itchy nips and I would not develop any more signs of gnyo by stopping the deca.

I hardly ever drink alochol. I am doing DHEA. I heard that can be hard on your liver too. BTW the doc has me on 50 mg a day of DHEA.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Andro you are such a cry baby!!! Only kidding bro!

You have a sweet Dr., however, it is now in your court. I am on deca , but I ma going to continue to use it. I know it is a gamble, just like all drugs are. We nor I can tell you what you should do. It would not be right. We are only here to support you and your decsion (sp). Please keep us posted on what is going on.

Take care..and the best of luck tp you!!!!

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Iron horse
    if you havent been a major alochalic all your life and get blood tests done every month I wouldnt worry to much about your liver.

about deca gyno, luckly its fairly rare. and you could always stop it, if gyno symptoms occur. (bitch tits dont come overnight)
    Exactly. If you feel symptoms, give it a day and see if it is just in your head. If it isn't, discontinue use immediately, and even though it's not supposed to help, take 40mg of nolva daily for a week and see if that does anything. Also, macro said taking vitex (chasteberry extract) which can be purchased at any supplement store can be taken at doses of 1g per day until symptoms subside. It's supposed to work really well with 'prog. gyno', if there is in fact, such a thing.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    ppp,
    did macro start a thread on this supp, or was it just in conversation that you heard this bit of info? i'd be very interested to read the thread, if theres one out there.

peace bb79

Thanks butch, I hope by me posting my info about deca everyone realizes it what my doc told me for me. Everyone is different and all. I really hope that those of you on deca dont read this and get mad at me. I am on it too .

I just wanted to share the information since several Vets and Mods have PM me and told me to, "TELL MY DOCTOR" what I was doing. It was really hard to do that you know. I was affaird the doc might cut me off my test and hgh. He could have you know. Anyway I need to log off and think more about what I am going to do.

I just feel so good.....if you ever had a fatigue problem and then found drugs to help you with it you would understand how I feel.

John Hubbard is offline Associate Member
    Ask your doctor what he thinks about primo on the liver. I'm curious to know what his opinion is cause it's suppose to be fairly safe .

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Good post Androplex. Is deca really hard on the liver? I wasn't aware of that. Well i've said before and I'll say it again....prog induced gyno is pretty rare. I am proned to gyno and have used fina and deca and have not gotten any symptoms of gyno when using them. I really wouldnt stress over it.

ironmaster is offline Associate Member
    I really like Androplex....he is such a sincere and straight forward individual, qualities that are hard to find on these boards.
    I think this, brother.....either you are prone to gyno, or you are not, and most are not. Have you had any symptoms of it at all? If not, quit worrying. Keep what you need on hand and do what you want. I have winstrol for deca type problems and the usual for the rest, but I don't use them.
    Yes, you are addicted. But it's a positive kind of thing that those of us with a compulsion to bodybuild must do. We are like an artist working a lifetime on one great sculpture, trying different techiques for perfection along the way. You aren't out there gambling, getting drunk, chasing skirt, (wait a minute....I do all those things!) so relax and accept that you will want more.
    BTW, I have one of these HRT doc's who Rx's me a tiny portion of what I use.......and he prescribes deca and test and GH together! So does doctor Nadler, the plastic surgeon to the BB'ing stars.

BigLad is offline New Member
    Glad to hear you informed your doc mate. I sincerely doubt you would experience progestogenic gyno at 340 mg deca per week. I recommend you read 'Built to Survive' pronto and show it to your doc next time you see him. There are a significant number of docs prescribing a deca, test, GH combo for AIDS wasting. I know that this is not your situation but it may be of interest to you and your doc because of the precedent it sets regarding prescribing these drugs. This book will be of interest to you mate I'm sure.

I have also never seen anything to suggest that deca is particularly hard on the liver but I'm sure your doc can clear that up for you.

One final point - somebody mentioned primo and although it's a great drug I don't believe it's licensed in the US (I know it isn't in the UK). I would always select eq over deca but again you have the problem of no human licensing for this product - hence your doc could not precribe either primo or eq for you. However, he could legally prescribe deca, but whether he will or not is his choice. Showing him the book may persuade him that giving you deca is not such a bad thing.

Good luck mate.

1 340 mg shot of deca today.

the quest aka ef is offline Junior Member
    bro, i sorry but your doc is not that smart if he thinks deca is hard on the liver. I think he knows that deca is not hard at all on the liver and he is just saying that to keep you from using it for some resone.
    primo and deca are the only drugs that have none to very little affect on the liver. deca is even used with people with liver problems that need to use it like hiv infected people who also have liver problems.
    also I would not worry about deca gyno from prog it is very rare, are you taking any anti-e with your test?

yep, clomid, I cant take nolvadex cause I am taking hgh, IGF-1 level you know is spoken to go down with use of nolvadex, dont know if its true.

I dont think my doc would tell me wrong information, he is a cool guy. He uses hgh and test too. You may be correct about deca not being hard on the liver and all. I hope so cause I just did my second shot today. The doc said that its up to each individual and all. If you drink a lot of alcohol while your taking deca that is not real smart either.

Oh no, I guess that means more blood work in 4 weeks. Oh well better safe than sorry.

btw I did leg press today and pushed 1000lbs ten times. I am so happy, I know its not the deca but I just had to share. (Thats a personal high for me, know others can do a lot more. )
    Last edited by androplex; 06-02-2002 at 07:58 AM.

the quest aka ef is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by androplex
    yep, clomid, I cant take nolvadex cause I am taking hgh, IGF-1 level you know is spoken to go down with use of nolvadex, dont know if its true.

I dont think my doc would tell me wrong information, he is a cool guy. He uses hgh and test too. You may be correct about deca not being hard on the liver and all. I hope so cause I just did my second shot today. The doc said that its up to each individual and all. If you drink a lot of alcohol while your taking deca that is not real smart either.

Oh no, I guess that means more blood work in 4 weeks. Oh well better safe than sorry.

btw I did leg press today and pushed 1000lbs ten times. I am so happy, I know its not the deca but I just had to share. (Thats a personal high for me, know others can do a lot more. )
    I'm happy that your doing well with your hrt and deca.
    your doctor is right about noval and IGF1, but you shouldn't use noval ask him for arimidex
    also alcohol and aas don't mix, but if I was going to drink on anything( which I wouldn't) primo and deca would be my pick for aas, like I said those two are very easy on the liver.

Thread Information