dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries

gabapetin, think ive discovered something useful!!!!

i had a bad car accident 10yrs ago and damaged nerves in my back, these nerves control sweating and thus left me with hyperhydrosis, which makes me sweat uncontrolably in certain situations, it also left me with bad trapped nerve pain. doc has tried me on various pills and sent me to physios etc through out the years to no avail.
    last week she decided to try me on a newish drug called gabapetin, within 5 days the sweating has stopped and i think ive stumbled on a drug that controls excess water, i can see alot more muscle stritation, my stomach is flatter and i dont bloat as much. now, she told me this drug is a more new school form of ditropan which has been called catapress also, ive heard of catapress mentioned in BB circles before.
    has anyone else encountered gabapetin? only downside is dry skin and dehydration in the mornings upon waking.

voidofRoids is offline Junior Member
    I've heard of catapres working as an agent to promote the development of certain hormones; however, I haven't directly heard of anyone using it. I believe the con's outweigh the pro's, in the case of seeking gains, AAS would be the more successful alternative. I don't know too much about the drug, other than it is diagnosed for hypertension, typically the results of withdrawal (for smokers I think).

As for gabapetin: never heard of it. Not sure on its relation to catapres - also for hypertension I presume.

hoagie is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by voidofRoids View Post
    , other than it is diagnosed for hypertension, .
    I am assuming you are confusing diagnosed for prescribed?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by voidofRoids View Post
    I've heard of catapres working as an agent to promote the development of certain hormones; however, I haven't directly heard of anyone using it. I believe the con's outweigh the pro's, in the case of seeking gains, AAS would be the more successful alternative. I don't know too much about the drug, other than it is diagnosed for hypertension, typically the results of withdrawal (for smokers I think).

As for gabapetin: never heard of it. Not sure on its relation to catapres - also for hypertension I presume.
    im not talking about muscle gains, read my post. im referring to its 'drying out' properties, its getting rid of and preventing my fluid retention. catapres is a generic name, ditropan did the same thing as it, gabapentin is an updated version of ditropan. gabapentin is used for treating nerve related pain and is also used for epiletics. as i stated, the only sides are dehydration in the morn and dry skin, so how would the con's outweight the pro's?

Thread Information