Thread: ALA mg.?

RudeBwoy is offline Junior Member

ALA mg.?

Question for on and off cycle. I take 400 mg. on and 200 mg. off. How many mg. of ALA do some of you take?
    Should it be increased with body weight?

neo1605 is offline Banned
    During my cycle I take 1200mg ed split up evenly with all my meals. Off cycle I don't take any. Maybe I should start to though??

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    I'm trying 3gms a day split up between 6 meals... roughly 600mg per meal i just skip one in the middle so 5 meals i guess. I tell you it does something different to your body at that high of a dose... i got some veins showing and my pumps are more intense... i honestly think this is a key to a partial endo like myself to drop fat. I'll let you know in about 30 more days of staying with the high dosage.

DiMensionX is offline Member
    Are we talking Alpha-lipoic-Acid as in the liver detox and anti-oxidant? If so 600mg's a day.

Saint, what else are you taking? I'm doing sust/fina/winny and am intrested if ALA is what is making you vascular.

DMX

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    Saint where you getting your ALA- it's pretty spendy to take that much a day.

i ordered from dspnutrition, got the 200mg caps from ast. seems to be working well... but be ready for the most horrid smelling urine.

- that's what I've heard. Have you ever eaten alot of asparagus? I wonder if it compares?

check out this link, I stole it from Sirwankalot at elite, it's a good read detailing the pro's and con's of R+ALA versus the commonly available ALA.

http://www.r-lipoic.com/index_1.htm

Iceburg is offline Junior Member

Re: ALA mg.?

Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Question for on and off cycle. I take 400 mg. on and 200 mg. off. How many mg. of ALA do some of you take?
    Should it be increased with body weight?
    Many people are taking much higher doses. Anywhere from 1000-4000 mg's a day. For just liver protection I would say 1000 mg's is good.

Bro's that are using the higher doses are taking it to help them achieve and maintain ketosis...the state in which your body burns fat instead of carbs for energy. ALA actually allows you to be able to eat SOME carbs and still burn fat, wheras without ALA your body would switch out of fat burning mode and back to using carbs for fuel.

Also,to achieve ketosis it usually takes your body about 48 hours and all carbs should be avoided. Users have reported that with ALA and 0 carbs, ketosis can be achieved in half that time-24 hrs!

Ala also gives good pumps and increased vascularity. It causes the glucose it your blood to be "pumped" into your muscle cells (and a small part into fat cells). I def. notice my veins popping out more when I take ALA. To help with the "pumping" effect you should take ALA when you eat or right before you eat. Carbs will be necessary so the ALA can work it's majic.

It's also a good idea to take it with meals or a good amount of liquid to avoid the heartburn it can cause.

For the best prices and service on ALA go to
    www.anabolical.com

DiMensionX is offline Member
    Good article Solid!

DMX

yeah, just as I was getting ready to buy 3 bottles of ALA...now I don't know what to do...

tanguy is offline Associate Member
    i searched 6 different places for ala. anabolical has the best prices and highest dose i found. i will go with them most likely. im going to try the local vitamin shop in my area first though

Bump

I heard that anabolicfitness.com will be carrying the pure (r) form of ALA in a couple days, june 7th or something like that, might be worth the wait.

tanguy is offline Associate Member
    i got a bottle of 60 300mg pills for 22 bucks at the vitamin store in my town. be careful using ala. eat alot of carbs when taking it and never take on an empty stomach. you could get hypo!! i did the other day not knowing this.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Don't know about on because I've yet to be on. Off I take 600-800mg

Hey Tanguy, Is Costa Rica a US Territory? If so anabolical will ship there and save you some dough.

I am also taking GH so i have to eat more than usual and i am the lightest i have been... well in the past 10 years or so... you don't notice it's effects right away but if you stop using it you will notice it right away... it's odd but seems to be working.

Thread Information