Thread: Proviron ?

Tank21 is offline Associate Member

Proviron ?

What do you think is better for treating the onset symptoms of gyno? Would it be Proviron or Nolvadex . Have used Nolva before but Proviron is still kinda mystery to me as far as dosage to use. Also, is Proviron used on the same way Nolvadex is where it is administered when symptons begin or must it be used for the enitre cycle? Thanks guys

help please

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Here's what I've read and learned about those:

Proviron inhibits the aromitization of testosterone to estrogen while Nolvadex blocks the estrogen from doing any harm by blocking the estrogen receptors (estrogen antagonist).

The good and the bad:

Nolvadex is good to have on hand if you begin to have gyno symptoms, because it blocks the estrogen. By the time you see any bad symptoms due to estrogen, it's too late to use an aromitization inhibitor such as Proviron.

Again, Nolvadex does not control the amount of estrogen, it just blocks it from getting to receptors, so after you stop using Nolvadex, there might be a lot of estrogen still in your system that can do harm.

Think of it like this:

Proviron prevents the fire from starting. Nolvadex supresses/temporarily extinguishes the fire after it has already begun.

Hope this helps you.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 06-02-2002 at 12:35 PM.

That did clear up alot. Thanks alot. Anybody elses experiences on proper dosing? Thanks in advance.

ulter is offline Associate Member
    Proviron is a fair anti-E but no where near as good as Nolva. You will get a much better sex drive, and harder look with Proviron. There was a belief that it inhibits your gains but that's simply not true. Your AAS builds mass in the AR's in your muscle and Proviron never reaches the muscle so it's affects are mainly in your brain and as an anti aromatese. It's a good addition. You'll like it.
    50mg/day

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    this is what I don't understand...
    Proviron benefits- no aromatese, no rebound effect, muscle hardness, increased libido, no water retention.
    Proviron negatives- dht-speeds up MPB
    Nolva benefits- blocks the receptors
    Nolva negatives- rebound effect, can effect gains of AS use, little water retention

why is Nolva considered a better anti E

to me it looks as if Proviron Puts Nolva to shame?

Bottom is offline New Member
    they are two different drugs that are used for two different reasons they cannot be compared... throughout cycle proviron should be used to prevent gyno symptoms... as said above "stop the fire before starting..." but if you GET symptoms... take the nolva to block the receptors... 40mg ED until intching/hurting stops then 10mg ED for rest of cycle through clomid to prevent crashing. But the info presented about the two drugs are basically correct.
    Bottom

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Iwan2bsolid2,

I've wondered the same thing. Proviron does seem to be better...

From reading this and other AS boards, it seems people prefer Nolvadex because they do not like taking something like Proviron all the way through a cycle. Apparently, many try to save effort and a little money by just waiting to notice the initial onset of gyno (puffy/itching/hurting nipples), then quickly applying Nolvadex at the last possible moment.

Some people are not prone to get gyno on the cycles they are using so they think, "Why use a prevention method like Proviron when I can use a safety net like Nolvadex?"
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 06-02-2002 at 12:31 PM.

Bottom is offline New Member
    to add... the combination of the two is GREAT at preventing gyno and can be compared to the strength of arimidex alone

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah Bask8... I see what you mean, it's also more expensive than Nolva. Plus most people are running Test on their cycle's so they already have the increased sex drive. But I do think it would be better to use Proviron to inhibit test aromatese into estrogen. Remember when coming off a cycle your hormones are outta wack, test levels drop and you tend to have a higher estrogen level due to the fact that you've stoped test injections, yet if your running Proviron there won't be that high level of estrogen because it will be inhibited. So therefore, I see it as being very useful towards the end of cycles. Just my thoughts

Anabolism is offline Junior Member

Thread Information