Thread: Vasectomy...

paulie is offline New Member

Question Vasectomy...

Hi all...ok, this may be a bit of a strange question. A few years ago i had a vasectomy, yes i happily fire blanks...haha, but from what i was told my body since it doesn't discharge the testoserone, absorbs it. What i was wondering is if, lets say i was planning on a cycle involving 500mg of test enan. a week, if it would be any problem because of the vasectomy, perhaps i should back off to 250mg a week? By the way, how much testerone does the typical male body average per week? Any one know? I'm a 37 year old, so i know my testosterone levels are beggining to drop as compared to a 20 year olds...thanks...Paulie

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I've been as high as 600mg/week with no problem and will be running enthanate @ 800mg/week next cycle....yes, I'm snipped too Should be no problem.

tanguy is offline Associate Member
    good question.

Thanks Pete, ur right i'm just a worrier and was just curious. I'm going with 500mg test a week i think. You only live once.....

Bottom is offline New Member
    i remember from endocrinology class avg male produces 5mg-10mg test per day... not too much dude.
    But i can find actual data for you tonight.
    Late
    bottom

nycman is offline New Member
    I think you're confusing "sperm" with "testosterone ".

Although both sperm and testosterone are both produced in your testicles, only the sperm's exit path is disrupted in a vasectomy. When you have a vasectomy you stopped discharging sperm. Your body absorbs the sperm that is not discharged.

Testosterone is made in the testicles and is absorbed into the blood stream as a hormone. It is not discharged through the penis like sperm is. However, testosterone levels actually do increase slightly after a vasectomy. About 10 years after a vasectomy the testosterone levels drop and tend to be a little lower than the average man.

I did lots of reading and couldn't come up with easy answers to explain why this happens. Nonetheless "cutting off the exit route" isn't the answer.

Hope that helps.

Thanks alot fellas, wow, you NYCMAN you do some serious research...

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I dont know about anyone else but I noticed, after I got snipped that I started to get gyno worse, now I dont know if this has anything to do with getting snipped but I all started about 3 months after I had the proceedure

Dr Derek, nothing like that here, but i did sprout some chest hair...lol.

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I'm glad I didn't, I rather have gyno then a hairy ass chest.

Thread Information