Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

I'm Getting Very Upset!!!

Lately it has come to my attention that a lot of people with little research and NO experience are giving advice on the proper ways to administer AAS and offering cycle and stack advice. This really chaps my nads!!! I've responded to several offenders in the past week or two and I'm getting sick and fucking tired of repeating myself!!! Do not, I repeat DO NOT give advice if you are not qualified to do so. If you have a cycle or two or three please give advice based on your practical experience and feel free to share your suceesses and failures. If you have a lot of clinical information from years of studying and research please give advice as it is always welcome and helpful. If you are asking "what kind of test is best?" on one thread and telling somebody on another thread "yeah, cyp kicks ass!!!" then you will have a major fucking problem with me!!!! This is not an exaggeration...I have seen this many times. Don't give advice on hersey (what you read in another post) and don't give advice based on what the big guy in your gym said!! My patience is wearing very thin on this topic and I'm losing patience. Why? This is why.

I was 34 years old and researched an entire year before I even considered giving this a go, I value my health that much. That's why it pisses me off when 18 year old cowboys come jumping in saying shit like "Yes I'm young, but I've hit my natural plateau and I'm gonna do gear whether you tell me to or not!!" Don't give me some bullshit response that you want to take your physique developement to the next level!! You want to look big at the night clubs and you want to poke your little pecker in hot piece of tail...that is the only reason you want this!!! If you were as mature and intelligent as yo claim, then you would heed the advice given here (many young guys have, and they also have my respect). AAS are potentially dangerous and over a year ago when I came to this board asking questions, I would have been livid if I thought I was getting advice from somebody who knew less than me but read on another post that running test and deca togther is a good stack. The advice may well be true, but that's not the point! I think you all see the point I'm trying to make. I understand the need to feel like a contributing member and the need to participate. If you want to do that but have no knowledge of your own fine, but preface your response with "I have read that...." or " I have heard that...." or "My research indicates...." or "A friend of mine did that and he found...." or "In my experience....", well you get the point.

I'll say this again, my patience is wearing thin and I hope this is not a trend that continues. I will see if I can sticky this so all newcomers can give it a once over.
    Last edited by Pete235; 06-03-2002 at 05:57 AM.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    I like your signature

actualy, you got a lot of good points in there Pete. I bugs me when people with very little knowledge tell someone to pop 4 dbol a day and head to the gym and they'll be huge.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    ok i stickied it

peace good thread

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    i Agree with you pete. I never even reply to people who askk questions about AS. i don't know about it and i would never dare give adivice. Good post pete

Yep Pete you are correct...

In all honesty I have very little memory to maintain constant chemistry but have one thing one my side...4 years of solid AS use. And I always try and put JIMHO to let others know this is my thoughts not medical research...Sometimes I do not agree with the chemistry as I know my body responds differently that others due.

This is why we need to explain if we are speaking from a medical stand point or experience...

Your right on target Pete and we should all look at how we respond as some bros on here may take your word to be gold and ya know, we are all taking chances here so we need to watch ourselves..

Good post bro..

G-S Guest

Talking

Is Doofy back?

Good Post Pete.

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    Great post...BUMP

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    i know i been thinkin that too. you kind of want to think that everyone on here knows what they are talking about but the truth is that they may have no idea and just posting things cause they are bored or whatever. guess my point is dont believe everything u read

thegame01 is offline Member
    you go boy!!!. awesome post Pete . i am looking to try a cycle (my first ) in the next few months.It will be about 8 months of research before i try it .The last thing i want is some advice from some hot shot that doesnt know anything. I like how you pointed out that we can sttill take part by saying this is what i have heard or this is what i read out of md magazine etc etc.the mods and most members is what makes this site the best around ,thanks Pete

jacko is offline Junior Member
    kick ass PETE!

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    pete,
    ive noticed in some of your more recent posts that it was gettin to you. and i for one dont blame you one bit. im glad someone finally stepped up and spoke out on the "cowboys" that roam this board. ive seen some amazing shit in my 40 years on this earth, but some of the stuff i read here really blows my mind. im behind you bro, as it gets to me too. if i can help in any way feel free to let me know.........

peace bb79

tuff is offline Junior Member
    well bro i agree with you on the fact that if you don't know then don't post, but i hardly see where you get off raging on these individuals that do this. With a year of experience i don't see where you are the expert. Not to mention who are you to say anything? A moderator?
    Peace out
    Tuff

androplex is offline Donating Member
    tuff:
    With a year of experience i don't see where you are the expert. Not to mention who are you to say anything? A moderator?
    Tuff: I do hope you are joking here. If not I would just like to say the Pete235 has helped me out a great deal. So I wish you would not make statements like this with only 11 post.

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    excellent post pete. good advice that everyone should respect. it's people like you that keep me coming back to this board every day.

snowman is offline Senior Member
    Pete;
    i'm a newcomer to this website, and i already noticed that my self.
    I'm 30 years old, and just did my first cycle, but i resherched and read every thing i could ,before i even did any thing ;my self i though i knew a lot about anabolics and working out [ only been working out for 5 years] but after joining this site, i came to a conclusion I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT STEROIDS , compared to you guys, and for that reason alone, i would never give anyone advise on any cycle.... the search i did was for my self and my self only, if i'm still don't know the answer, i will ask someone that knows..... i can give my opinion, if i think something is fake or looks fake, but that's about it.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by tuff
    With a year of experience i don't see where you are the expert. Not to mention who are you to say anything? A moderator?
    Peace out
    Tuff
    Pete has been very honest about his experience from the start. One thing is very clear when I read his posts: his knowledge. You're opposed to his opinion that members should be able to receive quality information??? You think that knowledge is based on time served??? Well, you're wrong. Pete has learned more and given back more in that amount of time than most guys do after 20 cycles. Search through his posts and find me something that is careless and irresponsible. Take the week off from work because its going to take you a while...and you still won't find anything. He took the time to start this thread because he wanted to HELP people and make the board a better place. The least you could do is show some respect. But who am I to say anything?

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Excellent point. Holding your tongue (or taking your fingers off the keyboard in this case) and giving no advice at all is better than giving bad advice! D00fy: need I say more?

I have taken a few guys 'to task' of late that were making some outlandish claims and told them "Put up or shut up." The AR no flaming policy does not mean that we have to smile and accept everything that a person says. If their claims don't make sense--it's OK to call them on it. (Don't be rude, just say "Hey, I question that-can you give me proof?") If they can back up their claims--great. If all they can do it is start shouting "hey--your are flaming me" and calling you names, well, then then it becomes apparent that they have little truth to stand on. I don't think that's being rude or crude--there are a lot of new guys reading the posts and they need to know what is true and what is BS.

We have some moral responsibility to insure that the information presented here as fact, is indeed fact. If you make any statement--be prepared to back it up. If you see something that sounds outrageous--call a person on it. New guys don't have the experience or knowledge to critically evaluate every post and often take everybody for their word.

Originally posted by PURE ADRENALINE
    This is why we need to explain if we are speaking from a medical stand point or experience...
    Good point, PA. Valuable knowledge comes both from our experience and from medical research.

Sometimes our experience contradicts the medical research--or somtimes it's just medical dogma maquerading as fact. Often medical research provides valuable information we can use. Sometimes science has not researched the topic or can not (for financial/ethical/legal reasons) research the topic, so it's up to use to generate a "collective wisdom" through shared experience. Sometimes medical research (or the conclusions drawn from the medical research) is just plain wrong--how a rat repsonds to a drug doesn't always translate to how a bodybuilder, under specific circumstances, responds to a drug.

It's important that we share experiences to see if there is a trend that indicates the research is wrong--or if it was just a one-time fluke that happened to one person.

So specifying and qualifying the source of your knowledge IS very useful.
    [list=*][*] A medical study subject to peer review carries more weight than a doctor making a claim on his web site (he might be selling his services--so he could be biased). [*] I have done this five times successfully carries more weight than "this big guy in my gym told me." * [*] "This is the conclusion I have come to through my experience and studying the subject on many web sites" might carry weight from the right person.[*] Logical conclusions extrapolated from other data can be "iffy." Sometimes the logic is good and the conclusion hold. Other times there are hidden variables that are not considered--or the logic itself was faulty.[*] Third-party experience ("I have heard") with nothing to back it up carries very little weight.[/list=*]

*Who is this big guy that drops in at every gym and why does he go around spreading lies? I'd like to catch him in a dark alley some night and set him straight...

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by EXCESS

Pete has been very honest about his experience from the start. One thing is very clear when I read his posts: his knowledge. You're opposed to his opinion that members should be able to receive quality information??? You think that knowledge is based on time served??? Well, you're wrong. Pete has learned more and given back more in that amount of time than most guys do after 20 cycles. Search through his posts and find me something that is careless and irresponsible. Take the week off from work because its going to take you a while...and you still won't find anything. He took the time to start this thread because he wanted to HELP people and make the board a better place. The least you could do is show some respect. But who am I to say anything?

Pete is one of the most smart and intellectual people on this board, period. He speaks his mind, he does nothing but good for this board. Trust me, he is basically the only person I see on here who is always on top of their game, helping people, and not goofing around (Like i do... ). So next time you decide to jump down someone's throat. Try to pick someone out that you can actually make a valid argument against.

AWESOME POST PETE!

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Great Post Pete. An example of why the quality people who care at Anabolic Review make it the best board on the planet.

well bro i agree with you on the fact that if you don't know then don't post, but i hardly see where you get off raging on these individuals that do this. With a year of experience i don't see where you are the expert. Not to mention who are you to say anything? A moderator?
    Peace out
    Tuff
    I have never claimed to be an expert and if you had read my entire post you would see that I was not insinuating that only experts should answer questions. If I don't know the answer to a question...I leave it to those who do. I have never once lied about my cycle experience or led anybody to believe that it was anything more than it actually is. The amount of reading and researching I've done on this topic in the past 2 years more than qualifies me to give advice on the threads I have answered. If you have a problem with me being a moderator...take it up with the administartors of AR.

ballbuster is offline New Member
    I've read some posts and don't think anybody is qualified,they just give good advice on their experiences with as.Many doctors don't have knowledge about as.My doctor didn't know the first thing about them,unless he was acting dumb.One good point is the people that has no experience should just sit back and gain wisdom.But this is the internet,and people are going to say what they want.How do you know the person doesn't have the experience,but just wants to bullshit.Lot of them out there.People that want to go to the next level is great.Besides as,our bodies probably are already poisoned by the enviroment.Take care pete 235,you only live once bro.

Originally posted by Pete235

I have never claimed to be an expert and if you had read my entire post you would see that I was not insinuating that only experts should answer questions. If I don't know the answer to a question...I leave it to those who do. I have never once lied about my cycle experience or led anybody to believe that it was anything more than it actually is. The amount of reading and researching I've done on this topic in the past 2 years more than qualifies me to give advice on the threads I have answered. If you have a problem with me being a moderator...take it up with the administrators of AR.

Actually bro there is no need to comment on his post...

We all understand fully what you are saying...and for him to say that someone with 1 year has no right to speak is just plain stupid...

Like I said you could have medical background or experience or the best is both!

Anyway lets not waste post on comments like that...good post Pete

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    great post petey...you always come through for us..

Ok bro lets put it this way, i am not knocking his knowledge and i am not saying people should not post, or that you should not be a moderator, i am saying that there is no reason for the raging. If you are a moderator act like one, not like some little kid that wants to rant. For thoses of you who said i should say nothing with only 11 posts, look at my register date, it is like the same time as his. I have monitored for a while, more or less not posting cause when i begain on this board it was not what it is today. Most posts were not even talking about gear, so you don't know anything about my knowledge on the subject. Hey man i have no problem, end it there.
    Peace out
    Tuff

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    Great post! Lets hope some of these people actually read it!

Not 10 mins ago I replied on a post which had been started by a new member, it was his first post here, and he posted a cycle which he wanted to do as his first cycle.

He did not mention his age, experience, diet etc and all everyone could do was jump on the bandwagon and tell him that 500mg of sust a week was a good idea! NO ONE asked him about himself!! The guy could have been 16!! He could have seen that cycle someplace and posted it!

We should all really keep an eye on this sort of thing before some poor halfwit comes in here, asks a question and goes off and grows some sweet little titties!

Most posts were not even talking about gear, so you don't know anything about my knowledge on the subject. Hey man i have no problem, end it there. Peace out Tuff
    Hey bro, I never doubted your knowledge! As a matter of fact I read your posts and it's obvious that you do know what your talking about (and I'm not blowing smoke up your ass). If I come across as short tempered it's not because I'm acting like a little kid, it's because I read this board EVERYDAY and it finally came to a head. If you visit the board often you will see that I take my mod responsibilities VERY seriously and for the most part I am one of the most level headed people on this board. I have no problem either, lets end this.

HoRsEmEn is offline New Member
    Im a new member too, and the only reason I joined AR was so I can learn more about gear from experienced members. If I wanted advice from just anyone, I would just ask my own friends who have already done a few cycles, and think they are experts. That was a great post Pete, I hope people actually read it.

ps and thanks for the advice on the previous post. Michael

I am with you bro. Sorry for me coming off like an ass. Hey man the gear gets to me like everyone else.LOL. We are both here for the same reason and its good to see all the people with knowledge on this board.
    Peace out
    tuff

I am with you bro. Sorry for me coming off like an ass. Hey man the gear gets to me like everyone else.LOL. We are both here for the same reason and its good to see all the people with knowledge on this board.
    Peace out tuff
    Peace bro!

Tarzan is offline Associate Member
    Right on Big Pete !

Great post

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    well put Pete

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Nice post, karma for you!
    haha, wrong board!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Petey boy, I thought I'd never meet someone more diplomatic than my self but you take the cake brutha. You are truly the nicest guy here. Nicely handled.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    you are doing a great job as mod bro
    i give lots of advice on this board but its only on subjects i know about or have done and i ask lots of questions on things i'm not sure of---there are 3x as many posts that i read and do not answer cause i'm not sure of answer
    i dont ever want anyone coming back saying i took taps advice and it messed me up--
    we are here to learn and help each other from opur experience i dont even like to think of the years i wasted or juice i wasted with the bad advice i used to get and bad training tips--thats why i help people on boards and in gym and wished when i started out this board was here and people would have helped me more.
    good post pete

Billmister is offline Member
    nice pete. When i read questions about shit i dont' know... i try to keep my mouth shut, but if it's shit that i used and have experience with, I give my help the best way i can. It got me mad how today i was reading a post and a kid called another one dumb for splitting up sus to two shots a week. he said "what's the point, all it is, is more pain a week" "and it's no different" well i don't know. good post pete.

Oh my God! That is the main reason I withdrew from the board... You are the man!!! The shiiizwitz... Thats it Pete for President!!!!

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    Originally posted by Gettin Stupid
    Is Doofy back?
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Pete IMO your post reflects the thoughts and views of a good number of the regulars here. I think we all have a responsibility to be more mature and discourage juice cowboys.

No juice will fix bad nutrition/recovery/training. I think we should push those 3 necessities first.

Peace

concious is offline New Member

Thanks for saying it

Clearly,we all have to do our own homework -- and cannot rely on any individual's "Opinion" to make the very serious decisions about our health that we encounter here. That said, I think we are all here to share and learn from the experiences of others. I know I can't contribute a lot today, but am looking forward to when I can. THere is a lot of quality information on this site, a lot of great anectdotal experience-based advice, and some BS too.

I appreciate Pete pointing out the importance of just citing where you get your information and what your background is...it helps keeps things clear.

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    Im sorry---but I think I posted on this same subject---ohh about 3 months ago--no one seemed to care about my opinion then, most likely due to my low post #'s...Im finally glad someone with a little bit of authority has stepped up and said something. Sorry to say, but I dont think all the ranting we do will keep people from comming in here, reading posts and spitting the info back up word for word--whether its true or not----I think we should start booting people who do this kind of stuff. Good post Pete--glad someone has my back!
    -Cy

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Good post Pete. I've been researching for months now and am being driven nuts by contradictory opinions. One thing that helps a lot on this site is that people are listed as Vets and Mods and they're the ones whose opinions I really pay attention to. I also look to see how many # posts a name has listed but I notice now that they're all blank. Is that just me or is something wrong with the site?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information