MAX30 is offline Associate Member

Question Should I do cardio on my cycle or not??? What do you think

what's up fella's. I need some input please. Here's my stats. 6'2", 196lbs @ 12% bf. Been working out seriously for about 5 years and have been a hard gainer. After taking a year off due to lack of progress I decided it was time to get back into it. I was 202-205lbs @18-20% bf. In the last 3 months I have lost 12.84lbs of fat and gained 6.84lbs of lbm all drug free. My cardio consisted of 2 sometimes 3 day's a week along with 4 day's a week of intense workouts. But from what i've read about some of you I really haven't had to work that hard to lose body fat. So here's my question; Is my metabolism to fast for cardio during my cycle? My cycle is as follows.
    weeks 1-4 50mg/day anadrol 50
    weeks 1-10 500mg/week sustanon
    nolvadex on hand for possible gyno and clomid for post cycle.

Nutrition:250-300g protein, 400+g carbs, 60g or less fat and 3500-4000 calories per day.

I will be starting in a couple of weeks so all input would be very helpful.
    MAX30

Methuselah is offline Member
    Keep up the cardio. I like to ride the bike for twenty minutes as a warm up before weight training. So, 20-30 minutes 3 times a week should be sufficient.

TRex is offline Junior Member
    carido is always good.. not only does it boost your metabolism, but it helps your stamina, flexability, and keeps your heart rate up (as long as your heart rate is up, your body temp is up too) - some people will do their cardio before their workout so they can keep burning fat while weight training (as long as their heart rate stays up)..
    What i used to do was do 3 weight excersizes, then sprint on the treadmill for 2 mins.. then 3 more wieghts, then sprint for 2 mins and repeat.. I did this because i find cardio boring, and this way, i could keep buring fat, during my workout by maintaining a higher heart rate i was always sweating thoughout my whole workout.... I'm not 100% certain about this, but i suspected that this also helped burn the fat quicker in the areas I was concentrating on during my weighttraining that day - i noticed on arm days my biceps and shoulders seemed to be more cut at the end of my workout...
    hope this helps..

TRex is offline Junior Member
    jsut to add to that, .. it keeps your joints flexable and warms them up before your wieghts preventing injuries sometimes.....

superbeast is offline Member
    Yes, do cardio, but don't go overboard with it.

No, don't do it before your workout. You need the energy for your lifts to get the maximum from your workout. You burn the most fat when your glycogen levels are low, in other words, after you lift.

MAX30 is offline Associate Member
    I think superbeasts idea would probably fit the best for my body type. Thanks everybody for your opinion.

JOHNNY LATS is offline New Member
    ofcourse you snapperhead

Thread Information