Thread: stupid question

thegame01 is offline Member

stupid question

hey guy's i have a stupid question for ya's all.I heard that if you inject and have air in the needle when injecting in the ass that there are a very slight chance but there still is a chance of dying if you hit a vein and get an air bubble in your blood stream .Now i dont think this can be true but i had to ask,sorry guy's
    thansk guy's

Medicine Man is offline Associate Member
    dude... this is sort of a myth. Is true if lots of oxygen gets into your blood you can obtain cardiac arrest. However, it would take about 1cc of oxygen for this to happen (IMO and those I am frequently with in the medical profession)
    Late
    MM

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Doctor told me that it would take about twenty air bubbles to kill you. And if you get twenty air bubbles in you, then you probally deserve to die. Ha Ha. Peace

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    Just try to eliminate as much air as possible from the syringe, but if you inject a little bit of air U should be fine (that just my opinon, I'm not a doc)...--- Ps bro Ur question ain't stupid, I though is was good enough as there are a lot of newbies that might be wondering the same thing except they might be to scarred to ask....

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    If you have a significant amount of air in the syringe you're doing it wrong from the start. A small amount is fine, but aspirate to make sure you're not injecting into a vein.

mike2112 is offline Associate Member
    There must be a lot of air in the syringe to kill anybody!!try to pull out as much air as possible and don't worry if one buble stays in bro...you won't die!!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Wouildn't air bubble only kill you if they were injected directly into the blood stream? Since we inject intramuscularly I would have to assume the odds of air getting into the blood stream are pretty slim. Also, aspirating before shooting lets us know whether or not we have hit a vien.

thegame01 is offline Member
    i never thought about the aspirate part(i forgot as i am not quite a tthe injection part yet). ihad read that this couldn't happen but just wanted to throw it out there. I have learnt so much in the last few months here at AS there is no way i can absorb it all the first time.Thanks for the replies brothers

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    OK I've also read that it takes 10cc of air to kill you. I find when I mix some injectables, ie. Primo and Testoviron I get dozens of tiny little bubbles in the syringe.
    It's pretty simple what you should do, when you have your dark filled turn it needle up and any large bubble will quickly flout to the the top. Then sqeeze just enough juice that a bead of oil runs down the pin, this ensures that all the air is expelled and lubricates the pin slightly to ease it into your muscle.
    As for the aspirating part, a very gentle pull back on the plunger will suffice. I find that if I'm in a vein I don't even have to wait to aspirate , I get an imdediate flow of blood into the syringe.
    Hope this has helped.

Bouncer

Billmister is offline Member
    I TURN THE SYRINGE UPSIDE DOWN AND FLICK IT LIKE 20 TIMES UNTILL I SEE ALL THE JUICE AIR IS OUT. ALSO IF YOUR PULLING FROM A VIAL YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO SUCK AIR INTO THE SYRINGE AND THEN PUT IT IN THE VIAL, AFTER THAT YOU PUSH THE AIR YOU SUCKED UP AND THEN PULL THE JUICE... HEY MAYBE SOMBODY DOESN'T KNOW THIS..... OK THIS WAS STUPID....... JUST TRYING TO HELP :LOL:

Thread Information