Nate_Dog is offline Member

Taking Insulin for the naturals ?????

Now boys and girls.. I have a question. -->

My mate is going in the naturals... is there anyway he can be tested for insulin use? My understanding is that it is not possible... can someone please verify this?

Also.... Anyone used slin during cutting... (eg to help shuttle clean nutrients in the muscle after training, when on low carbs)?

Help please?

Thx.

Anabolik is offline Associate Member
    Insulin use implies a very low fat diet, while carbs are essential. Although if one takes about 10-15iu post workout, one could get away with just 100g of carbs post workout. Then once the slin has cleared one can consume the fats, though some try to stay away from fats altogether during slin use and rely solely on carbs and protein.
    I am uncertain whether slin will yield the wanted results without some AAS base.

Excuse the post, I did not clearly state what I ment, as I was talking to the mate on the phone at the time.

That is the idea - low carbs EXCEPT for post work out with the appropriate carbs(with a blood glyco-meter). No fats post workout. But other wise the fats + protein will provide the main % of the diet.

I have a had feedback that slin obviously works far better with gear (and HGH),.. but this is not an option(naturals are naturals). I got told it will still suit it purpose.

So can anyone shed some light.

What about using slin in the carbo loading faze few days out? OR is this a no no?

Rémy! is offline New Member
    Japanese scientists last year found out how to test for exogenous insulin , they test for your levels of C-peptide, which is produced naturally when you manufacture insulin (keeps the insulin inactive in your pancreas) - when your body needs it the extra peptide is thrown off and the insulin is active. They compare this to the insulin concentration and find out.

I don't know if the ncaa uses this method - just something to be aware off. It is used in murder cases where insulin may have been the culprit.

Slin obviously works better combined with gear or hgh, nice synergenic effect achieved, yet it will still work alone regardless because of the strong nutrient partitioning effects - although I don't know how using insulin makes you more natural, it does clear a lot quicker than AAS. Using slin while on low carbs is very tricky so make sure your mate knows what he's doing.

JJ and Remy,... nice posts.

I agree that it could be a tricky situation,... for him. I am always willing to experiment on myself. Hell I enjoy informed, controlled studies. But I not sure if I feel comfortable with a mate doing it. As if something goes wrong,.. I would carry that on my head for the rest of my life. That is a burden I dont want. But he wanted me to ask anyway.

Do you guys have a glycogen shot on hand when using slin?

Curious. Would slin be used best during a cycle? Or in the catabolic stage when coming off a cycle(say as a bridge, or when tapering)? Experiences?

I always have a couple packets of glucose tabs or dextrose tabs in my gym bag while on just as a precaution - they are very cheap and fast acting. Just to be safe regarding the low carb deal - you can purchase a dextrose shot to keep in your gym bag from your local pharmacy.

There are some big benefits while using AS + Slin: AS decrease insulin induced fat accumulation (decreases lipoprotein lipase), increase anabolic effect (through creatine synthetase levels), AS allows insulin to bind to its' receptors more easily and both directly stimulate protein synthesis.

You can also use slin post-cycle - I like this idea also as you can work off a different general mechanism to induce anabolism that is not directly androgenic . Fat gain will be a little more prevalent, yet mostly under your dietary control. Other than that it still works well - not as well as with AS, but it is one of the most powerful compounds (polypeptide in this case) out there.

Thx again......

Anyone get any personal experiences to add?

Remy and JJ - How long do you stay on your slin for? Do you do shots post training or morning as well?

My use is infrequent - most often inbetween cycles anywhere from 2-4 weeks @ 10iu (4-5 days a week). I usually combine the slin with high doses of creatine seing as now the primary uptake mechanism (insulin ) is that much more prevelent. It works quite well since I don't bloat - I would imagine most people would as both compounds have the ability to store water in muscle cells.

If I decide to stay on a longer cycle than I will use high doses of ALA or metformin for while after just as a precaution to avoid the peptide down-regulation of the insulin receptors when its used exogenously.

I only take a single shot post-workout, although a shot of insulin in the morning may be usefull as your insulin sensitivity is low from not eating over night - but I prefer just to keep it post workout.

bigboyfromamass is offline New Member
    Juice what are the side effects? obviosly there is the dangers of going hypo and some people seem to get fat but are there any other sides?
    just curious....I never felt anything when I did humilog

may be because there is no such thing as 'humilog'

Originally posted by Anabolik
    [B
    ]may be because there is no such thing as 'humilog' [/B]
    Are you a grammar teacher...just kidding...meant to say humalog.....I never noticed any sides but only went up to 11iu post workout only for a little over a week...it was just a trial period to make sure my body would not freak out on slin.

Anabolik.... we know what he ment.

As for Humalog... is that what you guys use?

I have only used Actripid-R (Same as Humilin-R). How different does the timing of meals vary with Humalog? I must say it seems much more attractive due to its short time that it is active. I might give Humalog a go next time.

When I used slin, I found I always got tired. Actually more like pretty chilled out. This effect didn't change even when I dramatically increased the carb intake, I just think that is what slin does to my body. I actually found it quite relaxing post workout.

Hey ok ok...

Cool... thx for the replys.

And one got anything to add? Personal experiences?

I never felt anything but I made sure to do lots of simple carbs immediately and then complex carbs about a half hour later...there is a link on the eli lilly web site that shows the time duration and peak times of slins.....also I know you cannot post sources but since slin is legal you can get it along with glucose tabs and pinz at hocks.com.....if in the states and interested in log might wanna check out Corcan.com...I only metion it because it is pry also the safest because it is so fast acting......Lift like your life depends on it!

Thread Information