ripped_82 is offline Member

How to bring my gear and syringes on a plane?

Ok guys i know this is possible and I would like some feedback either through PM's or right here. Im not too concerned about bringing the gear through, but i dont know how to do the syringes. Im from Canada so we can buy syringes OTC, but im going to San Diego. Thanks guys

nyteen27 is offline Junior Member
    well in some states its still legal to buy ovc seriniges bc in ny its illegal.

bump

escalade is offline Junior Member
    i wouldn't bring that carry on, obviously b/c of what happened on 9/11, just check the lugage under the plane and have it in a wooden cigar box or something

POWERSTROKE is offline Associate Member
    You can always mail it or overnight it, then you dont have to worry about a thing.

DevilDog is offline Associate Member
    Not sure what to tell you. My girlfriend lives in Toronto and I live in the Western U.S. I have NEVER and I mean NEVER received a package from her that hadn't been inspected by customs. So I'm not sure if overnighting would work. I sure wouldnt take it in the carry-on .

Also, pins aren't sold otc in cali. Its considered drug paraphernalia and possession is illegal unless you have an R/X. That said, many MD's are willing to R/x pins for hypes to ensure/promote sterile use. However, I doubt any MD would believe you're a hype.

Now here's a possible solution. Check the gear with the luggage, but leave the pins at home. While down in Diego, take the Amtrack over to Mexico about $10 USD/15-20 minute ride, and get some pins at a farmacia and do it there. Not sure what your cycle is and hopefully one trip will be enough. In the event your cycle dictates more frequent injections, then you can very easily get an R/x from a doc in Mexico and you can bring up to two months PERSONAL supply back with you. You’ll still get shit from customs but you wont have legal exposure. If that seems too complicated then just put the damn pins in the suitcase and hope they don’t inspect your bag at customs. Good luck
    Last edited by DevilDog; 06-10-2002 at 11:49 PM.

Billmister is offline Member
    my honest opinion is buy them from that's the way most people go.

---
    sorry bill. just so you know, we dont allow postings for pin or fina sites. just a precaution. we know this is a new rule, so trust me, we are not mad one ioda. cheers bro
    Last edited by PaPaPumP; 06-11-2002 at 02:02 AM.

doublewide is offline Associate Member
    Whatever you do, DO NOT pack it with your carry on luggage. You will get nailed for sure. I would pack the liquids in my checked bags and find some pins when you land.

hammerhead is offline Member
    The pins aren't going to show on an x-ray scanner. I'd pack them in the luggage you check. It's unlikely anyone would see it anyway. Put it in a toothbrush holder.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    i check them under the plane. like with what escalade said . our air port here does random checks, they check all your bags and even make you take your shoes and socks off after that last guy who was carring explosives in his shoes

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Why can't you say you're a diabetic and need to take insulin shots?

DevilDog is offline Associate Member
    Most insulin users have 28 or 29 gauge needles and will have the insulin on them. Also, they probably have an R/x for the stuff. Claiming they're for insulin would draw suspicion in my opinion.

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    No problems if you pack them in your checked luggage. I would preload what you need for your trip--makes things easier to pack.
    -Cy

Originally posted by hammerhead
    The pins aren't going to show on an x-ray scanner. I'd pack them in the luggage you check. It's unlikely anyone would see it anyway. Put it in a toothbrush holder.
    How is it that they would not show on an X-ray scanner?

John Hubbard is offline Associate Member
    Just a suggestion but if you know where you'll be staying at in San Diego, perhaps you could order in advance from a pins site and have them deliver to your destination in S. D.

Thats what i may have to do. But i know of pople bringing syringes on. Im not worried about bringing the gear, they look like cologne bottles

Strutt is offline Junior Member
    Maybe you can get a doc to write you a prescription for Vitamin B-12. So in case you are questioned about the pins (25 gauge, etc), you can say they are for your B-12 shots because you have a B-12 deficiency.

Well B-12 is OTC here aswell, but that could work. Anyone else?

seeker is offline Junior Member
    I personally would just throw them in the trash and forget about taking them with but that's just me. It's not worth the risk. When you get to the states you can order more at getpinz.com they are cheap.

Alright everyone, thanks for all the input, and if there are any suggestions about the pins, please PM me or get back on this thread

bro what about waiting until you land in cal. and then get the syr while you are there ??

This way you do not have to worry about it. With all this shit going on bro i think they may pick up the metal and search your shit.

IMHO i would not chance it bro..just me but i would get them in the US..

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    Two brief comments . . .

The reason you could not claim that the syringeas are for insulin is that insulin uses a thin, short needle (for subcutaneous injections); diabetics do not typically use a 3 cc needle with long pins (which are used for intramuscular shots).

As far as the B-12 concept, remember that while cyanocobalimin is available over the counter in Canada, it does require a prescription in the U.S. Therefore, unless you are a Canadian citizen traveling in the U.S. (and even that is risky, since you are subject to U.S. law at that point), you will still need to have the copy of a prescription (or a prescription label) to cover anything that requires a prescription in the U.S.

(Example: I buy syringes/needles in Canada, as well as Claritin, a pill used for seasonal allergies. Both are available OTC in Canada but both require a prescription here in the U.S. Therefore, when I declare them at Customs, I carry a script from both my U.S. and Canadian doctors to cover my ass. Customs once told me that it must be a prescription, not merely a letter from your doctor; if not, they will confiscate the drugs. The same policy, in principle, applies to domestic travel.)

Thread Information