Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

Question Do we use more Steroids in Higher levels these days?

I just wondered compared to the guys of the 70's: Zane, Arnold, Franco, Lou F., Draper...and all the boys> do we today use more then they did back then? Anyone have legit studies?

_SOLID

Ms Figure is offline Retired Moderator
    Definitly yes but i do think we are so much more knowledgable then they they are! But saying that i do feel the pros abuse GH but then if they can afford it and dont care then thats up to them!

If you look at it this way more people have died in recent years because of the high dosages they use pushing themselves to extremes not only with gear use but with diretics too to get a more cut look guys now a days stay bulked far longer and then try and lose water in extreme measures in Arnolds time they stayed a lot closer to competition weight Look at Lee Priest he goes from and off season look to a comp look he looks like two different people!

I loved the comic picture in Muscle mag of a guy from the 70s and a guy now the bloated stomach the asthetic look of the 70s was very unique!

they didnt really take much test in those days stuck to dbol , primo etc and GH what was GH drug really of the 80s

JMO
    Ms Figure

yeah, those Gh belly's are disgusting. I like the look of the guys back in the day. I would never want to look like the guys of today, so out of that, what advice would you give a person who would like to attain the body of say Frank Zane? Stay away from test? Or don't go huge in amounts taken? Thanks

_SOLID

Frank Zane was under 200 lbs and very lean if you are looking for quality rather than mass, anavar , winny, primo stuff that will give you gains but no real water retention! test will obviously show more dramatic size increases!
    Ms Figure

My goal is to get up to 215 or so but solid...no flubber...then maintain around 200 but be very lean and sculpted.

So for my first cycle I've chosen Test...so once I reach 215 I'll prob stick with AS like you stated.

_SOLID

You may want to go slightly higher if you want to go lean so 225 230 as a lot of what you get with test you have to remember will be water retention so to have the quality at 200lbs you will need more mass to start with!
    Ms Figure

I will be taking .5mg/day of Liquidex so...

hopefully won't get much water retention...but I may have to do a couple cycles to reach my goal...as of right now I'm 190 9%bf.

_SOLID

ZTEM is offline Associate Member
    at 9% body fat it isnt like you arent somewhat sculpted....why dont you just take some winny and primo...you should have what you want...throw in some clomid with it....let us know wut your going to do

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Heeeeellllllllllllllll yes. Today, pro's take verything and anything under the sun. They enjoy the feeling of a small pointy rod sliding into their bodies more than most.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Nathan: Tell me about it. If anyone reads Muscular Development, you will know who Rico Mac Taco is. This is a fictional character that depicts the "alleged stacks" that today's pro's use. If anyone's really interested, go back about a month, and you'll find a post by me titled "Rico Mac Taco", and i typed what pros take now-a-days. Now, realize, not every pro is shooting 20iu's a day like Greg Kofats, but hey...he does way 400 lbs...soo

I think im gonna bump my old post, so yall better read it!!!

CYCLEON Guest
    zane and mentzer - thats what Id liek to look like

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree fully with you guys. The BB's today are sick lookin. Ronnie looks like a freak. I have too big of a build to be zane like but I would like to be a cross between Arnie and Haney.

Thread Information