_Wiliam_WaLLace is offline Junior Member

accutane warning

In case your taking this drug for acne, there are reports that it can cause severe depression, there are some FDA warnings to this nature.
    I learnt about this because they are being sued, so be careful if your on it!

If you are on orals do not take this drug unless you have a clean liver waiting for you, be careful with the accutane, it is really not worth it.

ulter is offline Associate Member
    The depression side was widely publicized recently when the mother of the kid who flew his plane into a building here in Florida leaving behind a suicide note, announced she was suing Roche because he had taken accutane several months prior. Of course she is looking for someone to blame for her own parental mistakes but it did draw a lot of attention at the time to what you're talking about.

hitmeoff is offline Associate Member
    Ive done 3 courses of accutane, and I felt just dandy while on it.

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    it is pretty toxic to bthe liver

Japan man is offline New Member

Re: accutane warning

Originally posted by _Wiliam_WaLLace
    In case your taking this drug for acne, there are reports that it can cause severe depression, there are some FDA warnings to this nature.
    I learnt about this because they are being sued, so be careful if your on it!

If you are on orals do not take this drug unless you have a clean liver waiting for you, be careful with the accutane, it is really not worth it.
    not worth it eh? accutane is a miracle drug that has changed the life of thousands for the good! you obviously have never had a problem with acne so you wouldnt know.

_Wiliam_WaLLace is offline Junior Member
    i said if your on orals,do not take accutane, not that the usuage of accutane is not worth it, that is of course up to each person. There are more lawsuits against accutane than just the mother of that kid. I am just dispensing the information, be careful is my message, but as always the choice is yours

Jgent18 is offline New Member
    Yeah I took it for a while and it gave me severe depression. I ran my car into a tree while on it. I will never take the stuff again.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    i always heard about the depression leading to suicide...but it never bothered me personally=\

cooksbrut is offline Associate Member

umm

I am using it right now the underground shit. I will admit that i do get depressed ALOT! it feels like post cycle depression. But on the up side it works wonderful!!!! I have never had horrible skin ,just always a few pimples and when ever i sweat i would break out even more. But now its like...I don't have to wash all the time and I can do what ever i want....It only took two weeks for my skin to clear up while on it..i wish i would have found it YEARS ago!!!

What people have to realized is that persisant and/or bad acne has severe psychological implications. Alot of kids who need accutane are already psychologically scarred about thier condition. During the first weeks/month of accutane your condition gets worse. Having low self-esteem combined with a feeling of hopelessness (from breaking out after taking the drug) can of course lead a kid to try to commit suicide. I firmly believe this is the real scenerio.

Japan man is offline New Member
    Originally posted by _Wiliam_WaLLace
    i said if your on orals,do not take accutane, not that the usuage of accutane is not worth it, that is of course up to each person. There are more lawsuits against accutane than just the mother of that kid. I am just dispensing the information, be careful is my message, but as always the choice is yours
    cool bro it get ya

i dont understand this depression thing though; seeing your face clearing up day to day is something to look forward to and keep you happy. I guess some people just cant handle the chemical imbalance. depression is far more chemical that mental.

Chach is offline Associate Member
    well i took it twice..and i was very depressed and sometimes wanted to kill myself and sometimes when it got REALLY BAD i would cut the shit out of my wrist but my parents got me some help and i was ok..but yeah i was serverly depressed.....but acne went all away that was good

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    forget the psychological side effects, accutane is about the harshest oral on the liver.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Originally posted by The Juice Man
    well i took it twice..and i was very depressed and sometimes wanted to kill myself and sometimes when it got REALLY BAD i would cut the shit out of my wrist but my parents got me some help and i was ok..but yeah i was serverly depressed.....but acne went all away that was good

ummmmm....I am glad your acne cleared up bro. Not sure what else to say to that one.

Good to see you back around doc e !!!

peace,

ttgb

Accutane is the greatest drug ever invented (yes even better than gear) in my opinion. Just gets a bad wrap.

Thread Information