Albumin 3.6 g/dl 3.2-5.0
    Total Bilirubin 0.40 mg/dl 0.00-1.00
    Direct Bilirubin 0.13 mg/dl 0.00-0.30
    Alkaline Phos 98 U/L 50-136
    SGOT(AST) 66 (H) U/L 15-37
    SGPT(ALT) 75 (H) U/L 30-65
    Total Protein 6.7 g/dl 6.4-8.2

Yes, my AST and ALT are both high.

My last liver test was on 2/11/02 and my AST was 45, ALT 38. I have had an ALT as high as 59 on 12/5/01 and and AST at 52 on 12/05/01.

I didnt start my injection of test until after the 2/11/02 lab work.

Looks like I need to watch this and get retested in four weeks. I wish I had gotten a liver test after I started test, hgh, dhea but before I added the deca and clomid three weeks ago. I am not sure if my numbers are elevated due to the deca and clomid or not.

Any opinions pls?

Here is an article about AST and ALT:

What are the most common causes of ALT and AST fluctuation?
    This is a very common question patients have when their liver enzymes show some fluctuation, preceded by a period of sustained low to normal levels (usually a good indication that liver inflammation is under control.) Thus, it is important to have a comprehensive understanding of what these numbers mean and how to interpret them.

The serum aminotransferases, alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST), are sensitive indicators of liver cell injury and the most frequently measured indicators of liver diseases. These enzymes catalyze the transfer of the á-amino groups of alanine and aspartic acid, respectively, to the á-keto group of ketoglutaric acid. Both enzymes are normally present in serum in low concentrations. (generally less than 30 to 60 IU/L, a normal range may be dependent on the measurement method of the specific laboratory).
    ALT is more specific to the liver
    ALT is generally concentrated in liver cells and is much more sensitive to liver function testing. Therefore, it is commonly used to monitor the inflammation level of the liver. AST on the other hand, is also found in cardiovascular areas, skeletal muscle, the kidneys, the brain, the pancreas, the lungs, white blood cells, red blood cells and the liver. The rise of ALT and AST in the serum is usually related to the injury or damage of tissues that contain these enzymes. Damage to the cells affects its membrane permeability, which allows the enzymes to leak out. Thus, elevated ALT and AST levels are usually present in disorders such as acute and chronic hepatitis, cirrhosis, infectious mononucleosis, heart failure, various infections, metastatic carcinoma, and alcohol related liver damage. However, ALT and AST levels are not good indicators of the cumulative damage sustained by the liver, which is best assessed by a liver biopsy.
    ALT is best used to monitor the progress of present and on-going liver inflammation, and a trended decrease is a good sign that fibrosis resulting from inflammation is being controlled. The National Institutes of Health’s Consensus Statement on managing Hepatitis C in 1997 stated that for a treated patient, ALT it is an important marker for monitoring the disease course and his or her response to the treatment. For the untreated patient however, ALT is not as reliable in revealing the stage of disease progression.
    Other causes of enzyme elevation, unrelated to Hepatitis
    1. Alcohol
    2. Common cold or flu
    3. Certain types of pharmaceutical drugs such as antibiotics, painkillers, sleeping pills, and birth control pills
    4. Strenuous exercises and excessive physical activities
    5. Mental stress
    6. Allergic reactions to food or environmental factors
    The importance of trended results
    Because ALT level can be a representative indicator of current liver inflammation, it is important to distinguish between a temporary fluctuation caused by outside factors (listed above) and a trend that calls for changes in treatment. A trended decrease in ALT along with improvements in subjective symptoms such as fatigue is a good sign that the treatment is controlling the inflammation and improving the liver functions. Thus, an unexpected increase in ALT in the middle of several normal or near normal range results is usually not a cause for concern. If a trend of increasing ALT begins to develop, then it may be time to adjust the treatment protocol. (We have developed several alternatives to our main protocol for non-responding patients.
    Our most important goal is still to improve the general well being of the patient and our protocols are designed to treat the patient as a whole and not just the disease alone.

Qing Cai Zhang
    Clinic Director

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    I didn't read all of that, but Im assuming your question is what you should do?

well, Im not good at being a doc (obviously) BUT

IMO

if there not dangerously high or lethal, then start taking ALA or some LIV52 (I think thats what its called).

If they continue to raise, then drop the deca ???

what were they the last time?

androplex is offline Donating Member
    BTW I have been given the inoculation for Hep B and was tested and have the anti bodies, so I cannot get hep B. I was also tested for A, C, D and the results showed that I have never been exposed to A,B,C,or D. So hepatitis is not a possiblity for me.

I think the levels are high due to the gear I am taking and my hard work outs.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Hard workout, high protien diet, drinking, if your on any orals like clomid may have effect on it.

Iron horse:

last test was this:

My last liver test was on 2/11/02 and my AST was 45, ALT 38. I have had an ALT as high as 59 on 12/5/01 and and AST at 52 on 12/05/01.

What is ALA and where do I buy it, The lady at GNC didn't have a clue what I was talking about, when I ask for ALA. And no, I didn't ask her for Clomid either.

hmmmmmmm,

damn

clomid, yes

high protien, yes

hard work outs, oh yes for sure here

(two a days on Tuesday and Thursday, Saturday, and once Monday, Friday, Sunday, off on Wed.)

drinking, No way!!!!!

So it likes like I hit most of them.

What should I take to help? Milk Thistle, ALA, Tylers, ??????

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    ALA and or mil thistle best bet, both OTC. Aphla Lopic Acid = ALA , fair bit of info on board have a look. I have read a few places that high protien intake can be hard on liver. I don't have the study, but I am sure you could find info.

I am going to try ALA and Tylers Liver Deytox, Will get my liver test done again in 4 weeks. It only cost $22.00 for the test and is a one day turn around.

Any body want to give me a Testimonial on their use of ALA or Tylers Liver Deytox

I just made my order for r-ala and Tylers Liver.

Damn I am becoming a juice junky and a half.

I will post the results in 4 weeks. I feel like a rat in a lab.

bradbuck is offline New Member
    My liver enzymes come in a bout the same from high protien diet and heavy lifting. Sez me and my Dr.

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    I just got done with a battery of blood test due to high liver count and after being "Off" for 8 weeks and taking ALA my liver levels are back to normal.

Rocket

bigsonabitch is offline New Member
    Man, I'm glad I found this post. I just got my liver results back and they're pretty dman high also. AST was 43 ALT was 90. Now I have been off for 6 months but the week before I took my blood test, I was sick with the flu and was taking meds. Do you guys think it would raise my ALT that much? Anyone else here ever experience high enzyme count when natural. I'm kinda scared it's hepatitis.

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    Eye candy i was told the same thing buy this chick I know who is a med student .. she also told me creatine can lead to kidney stones ... you heard that before ???

HardAsNails is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox
    ALA and or mil thistle best bet, both OTC. Aphla Lopic Acid = ALA , fair bit of info on board have a look. I have read a few places that high protien intake can be hard on liver. I don't have the study, but I am sure you could find info.
    Is it suggested to take the Milk Thistle during the cycle or afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by HardAsNails
    Is it suggested to take the Milk Thistle during the cycle or afterwards?
    During. Try not to revive an old thread like this, for future reference. No big deal though.

Thread Information