Thread: Sick?

dern180 is offline Member

Sick?

I got flu sick sytoms. A cold and fever to go along with that.
    Now my question is it from what I'm taking. I'm on deca 400mg a week And Test E 500mg a week. Or I'm I just sisk.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Flu like symptoms are very common when on cycles of test...especially sust. It's called the sust flu. Train through it, but if it gets worse or is prolonged look into it further.

thanks pete...so there no real need to see a doctor.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    not yet...but if it is prolonged or gets out of hand....like pete said look into it..

Feeling much btter today.No real sore mouth, and little cold and some body pain. But it seem to be geting better.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I had the same thing when I started my deca /test cycle. However, the symptoms went away. It should be all good.

Almost 100% better today. Feeling great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

androplex is offline Donating Member
    glad to here it.

dern180, You had your ast and alt levels checked lately, I am doing test and deca , hgh, clomid, propecia, dhea, and just got my own lab results back, I order them, and my AST and ALT levels are high. Just wonder if yours are too. No worry here just searching for others that did test and deca to see if it pushed their AST and ALT levels up too and what they did to take care of it. I just ordered r-ala and Tylers liver deytox. I am going to take them for 4 weeks and then get retested.

Let me know how your gains go, and gald you are feeling better.

Andro what are AST and ALT levels? Now you got me wanting too know.

What are the most common causes of ALT and AST fluctuation?
    This is a very common question patients have when their liver enzymes show some fluctuation, preceded by a period of sustained low to normal levels (usually a good indication that liver inflammation is under control.) Thus, it is important to have a comprehensive understanding of what these numbers mean and how to interpret them.

The serum aminotransferases, alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST), are sensitive indicators of liver cell injury and the most frequently measured indicators of liver diseases. These enzymes catalyze the transfer of the á-amino groups of alanine and aspartic acid, respectively, to the á-keto group of ketoglutaric acid. Both enzymes are normally present in serum in low concentrations. (generally less than 30 to 60 IU/L, a normal range may be dependent on the measurement method of the specific laboratory).
    ALT is more specific to the liver
    ALT is generally concentrated in liver cells and is much more sensitive to liver function testing. Therefore, it is commonly used to monitor the inflammation level of the liver. AST on the other hand, is also found in cardiovascular areas, skeletal muscle, the kidneys, the brain, the pancreas, the lungs, white blood cells, red blood cells and the liver. The rise of ALT and AST in the serum is usually related to the injury or damage of tissues that contain these enzymes. Damage to the cells affects its membrane permeability, which allows the enzymes to leak out. Thus, elevated ALT and AST levels are usually present in disorders such as acute and chronic hepatitis, cirrhosis, infectious mononucleosis, heart failure, various infections, metastatic carcinoma, and alcohol related liver damage. However, ALT and AST levels are not good indicators of the cumulative damage sustained by the liver, which is best assessed by a liver biopsy.
    ALT is best used to monitor the progress of present and on-going liver inflammation, and a trended decrease is a good sign that fibrosis resulting from inflammation is being controlled. The National Institutes of Health’s Consensus Statement on managing Hepatitis C in 1997 stated that for a treated patient, ALT it is an important marker for monitoring the disease course and his or her response to the treatment. For the untreated patient however, ALT is not as reliable in revealing the stage of disease progression.
    Other causes of enzyme elevation, unrelated to Hepatitis
    1. Alcohol
    2. Common cold or flu
    3. Certain types of pharmaceutical drugs such as antibiotics, painkillers, sleeping pills, and birth control pills
    4. Strenuous exercises and excessive physical activities
    5. Mental stress
    6. Allergic reactions to food or environmental factors
    The importance of trended results
    Because ALT level can be a representative indicator of current liver inflammation, it is important to distinguish between a temporary fluctuation caused by outside factors (listed above) and a trend that calls for changes in treatment. A trended decrease in ALT along with improvements in subjective symptoms such as fatigue is a good sign that the treatment is controlling the inflammation and improving the liver functions. Thus, an unexpected increase in ALT in the middle of several normal or near normal range results is usually not a cause for concern. If a trend of increasing ALT begins to develop, then it may be time to adjust the treatment protocol. (We have developed several alternatives to our main protocol for non-responding patients.
    Our most important goal is still to improve the general well being of the patient and our protocols are designed to treat the patient as a whole and not just the disease alone.

Qing Cai Zhang
    Clinic Director

Thread Information