bigboyfromamass is offline New Member

would test cyp help prevent tendinitis?

Bro's I had to quit lifting for over a month due to bad tendonitis in my elbow. when I do start again I am gonna be scared to hit my forearms hard because I think that is what caused my problem.well that got me wonderin once I get back in shape if I were to do a test cyp cycle next fall would the extra water help prevent me from gettting tendinitis so it would be a good time to hit my forearms? the catch is I would pry also use arimidex so I would not hold a lot of water but would still have some.
    Also I have a completely unrelated question....does cranberry juice really help the kidney's? Thanks

Show me some love...seriously I am really paranoid about getting tendonitis again cause to have to stop lifting for so long sucks....just wondering if the extra water on a cycle would make it less likely to inflame the tendon?

spike25 is offline New Member
    try some deca , from what i understand people take for joint discomfort with winny.

testprop is offline Associate Member
    nope, won't help, get some rest and some NSAIDs

blazenbell is offline Associate Member
    wear wrist wraps i got the say things sometimes. and my wrists are weak which i feel hindered my bicep and forearm gains so i started wearing it and believe it or not but it worked. also try some deca

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    No, test will not help lubricate the joints, even with any water retention you may experience. Deca is known to have properties that can lubricate the joints, but then you have to deal with deca dick.

Tendinitis is usualy treated with a cortizone injection to the afected joint, but too many cortizone shots can weaken them. (That's why most physicians will not do more than three cortizone shots oevr a period of time to any one affected area.)

Testprop is correct: NSAID's are effective for treating tendon problems, and the best of them is probbably Ibuoprofen (Motrin or Advil). Even then, a NSAID will help ameliorate the pain but will not cure the condition.

Your best bet: Whether or not you need a shot, lighten the weight and increase the reps. You'll still get positive effects without the strain of too much weight (which may have caused the problem in the first place). Also, have a couple of others observe you when lifting to make sure you're using proper form (the other major cause of injuries).

I know that purists like free weights, but sloppy form resulted in my getting tenosinovitis (a variant of tendonitis) in the wrists a couple of years ago, and I got a lot of relief from cortizone shots. (Cortisone, incidentally, is a corticosteroid, not an anabolic steroid .) But I decided to play it safe and, since then, I do very little with free weights and use circuit equipment instead. Just as effective (at least for me), and a good set of circuit equipment (like Nautilus, Cybex, or Icarian) will force you into using correct form.

Thanks Bro'sI am taking the six weeks off anyhow because it was hurtin so bad and severalpeople mentioned a long layoff with advil, if it comes back again then I will do cortisone cause I do not want anymore time off.Peace

Thread Information