jaybird is offline Junior Member

Best Diet For A Cycle

I'M ABOUT TO START A BULKING CYCLE (SUST & D-BAL), AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK IS THE BEST WAY TO EAT. I FEEL THAT EATING A LOT OF CALS IS BAD, I THINK HIGH PROTIEN (1.5*BODY WT/DAY) AND MODERATE CALS (500-1000/DAY) IS BEST. I THINK THAT THIS PLAN WILL ALLOW ME TO GAIN MUSCLE AND NOT FAT.
    SIZE 5'8'' , 184lb , 10% fat; if I run the fat comes off no problem!!!

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?????
    Last edited by jaybird; 06-18-2002 at 10:52 PM.

bump

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Its obvious :P

eat lots of food, 6-7 meals a day untill your in a food coma. Lift hard, and grow fast.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Best Diet For A Cycle

Originally posted by jaybird
    AND MODERATE CALS (500-1000/DAY)
    I hope you mean moderate carbs...not moderate cals. Because if you plan on eating 500-1000cals per day you're nuts!

Sust/dbol ...gain muscle and no fat? Good luck. Bottom line is you are trying to bulk not cut, so don't sweat it. You will gain a little fat and some water (unless you're stocked up an arimidex ). BTW...what does your cycle look like...dosages?

Just so you know, 500g of carbs is quite high but very exceptable while on a bulking cycle. Try to get the bulk of your carbs from sources such as oats, sweet potatos, brown rice and veggies...and to a lesser extent from wheat pasta or wheat breads. Also, 100g of carbs should be ingested directly after lifting and should come in the form of dextrose or maltodextrin. At 1.5g protein per/lb bodyweight you're looking at almost 300g protein per day...which is good. Add that to the 500g carbs you talked about and your daily totals are 3200cals...and that's before you even add in fat!! Fat should account for about 10-15% of your daily total and should come from healthy fats such as fatty fish, avacados, oilive oil, flax seed oil, unsalted nuts, natural peanut butter. So you're looking at about 4000 calories per day. This is about right.

One last thing, if you want to put on muscle DO NOT listen to people who tell you to cut back on carbs. You will not get big eating only protein and fat....PERIOD!! If you want to drop weight that's a whole other ball game. Good luck!

Thanks for the info pete. I did mean carbs not cals. The diet you suggested is almost exactly what I am doing now, except for the 100g of sugar after work out.

my cycle looks like:
    500mg sust/w for 8 weeks

I only have 100-5 mg Dbals, so I will take
    5 ed for 20 days; I am trying to get more

1 proviron ed from start to 4 week after last sust shot

clomid 3 weeks after last sust; using the clomid cycle 36 total

Thank you for your help. Just to let you know I always eat health. What is the perfect amount of cabs/day for bulking in IYO?

I think your plan for 500g a day looks good. As far as simple carbs immediately after training, I would also throw in 30g of whey. The simple carbs replace glycogen stores and cause an insuling spike which helps drive nutrients to the muscles.

Pete, what do you think of my cycle?

Personally I would add 400mg/week of deca , but that's just me. I would also try to get the dbol to 35mg/day for the first 4 weeks. Other than that things look good to me, you can and will make good gains on sust/dbol alone.

I want to stay away from deca ---->estrogen, I know d-bal aromatize easily but the proviron will help. Pro. might not help with deca!!! I am prone to gyno.

novicebutwant2juice is offline New Member
    i have been reading your cycle, it sounds good, and i too have some proviron , but am not sure how to use it, so i am wondering, are you taking the proviron at the beginning of wk 1? or at the conclusion of your cycle?
    also, deca and sus are a great combo, with those two alone you could see yourself gaining 20-30solib lbs. So, good luck and tell me what you mean to use the proviron and when to take it. Because my cycle is simular, 500mg test200/wk, and deca 400mg/wk, 40provirons, and 40 post clomid

Originally posted by jaybird
    I want to stay away from deca ---->estrogen,
    Throw in some EQ @ 400mg/week instead. Similar results and it doesn't aromatize.

Actually deca converts to progesterone not estrogen..regardless, same results...gyno

Thanks pete, I was thinking of doing that. I have a little (eq) left over from last cycle, I might just get more. Just to let you guys know I am so happy I found out yesterday that I got into med. school.

NOVICE:

Get more pro. if you can. Do it from start of cycle until the gear is out of your system. Sust. is in until 4 weeks after last shot. you want to take 50mg ed. Thats 1 in the morning & 1 at night I am doing 25mg ed, I am trying to get more so I can do 50 ed.

Thread Information