LookingtoCut is offline Associate Member

Question Staying Lean On Cycle

Ok guys, I posted a similar question regarding diet before, but didn't get many responses, and I need some help. I just started my cycle last week, currently in the middle of my 2nd week.

My cycle consists of T200,EQ, and Winny.

Ok, my main goal from my cycle is to put on some QUALITY muscle, and be as lean as possible, and maybe even lower bf% if possible.

My diet has consisted of VERY high protien, moderate carbs, moderate fat.

Lots of Turkey, Chicken Breast, Egg White Omlets, Steak, Cashews, Protien shakes, etc. I've been eating TONS of cashews, because I love to snack on them but they are high in Sat. Fat which is a problem. I'd say I've been eating 3000-4000 calories/day. I am 6'2, 200lbs, @ roughly 13-14% BF.

Here are my questions:

1) Should I cut out all Sat. Fat if trying to remain as LEAN as possible?

2) Should I do Cardio 3x/week for 30 min post workout? This question has been debated tons of times, and I am not sure if I should stick with cardio 3x/week, or due without it and just alter diet? ( trying to get the 6 abs in )

3) Should I stop eating 3-4 hours before bed like I would if I am cutting, and just stick to a protien shake before bed? Or is it OK to eat protien meal 1 hour or so before bed if hungry? I will still drink shake right before bed.

4) Is it alright for me to drink my shakes post workout and before bed with Fat Free Milk? Ever since I drank them once, I cannot go back to water, but I will force myself to if necessary.

Sorry for being annoying guys! All advice from you guys are GREATLY appreciated. Instead of gaining 25+lbs and having to cut the fat after, I would rather gain a nice LEAN SOLID 15-20lbs if possible. Thank you guys!

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Diet and cardio are the two most important things.

A clean diet and moderate cardio = lean mass (IMO).

So do you think Cardio 3x/week for 30 min Post-workout will be beneficial? That is exactly what I have been doing, and just wanted a few opinions.

Also, any suggestions on Diet? How does it look overall?

If you need a more specific breakdown, let me know and I'll post it up.

I'm in my 2nd week now, just waiting for gear to kick in!!!!!

jrock34 is offline Associate Member
    you need some fat to power your cardio, but keep it moderate. cashews are good for you as it's a natural oil. Stay away from greasy meats and cheeses, etc.
    YOu should be gaining a couple pounds a week by week 4 or 5. You'll want to eat at least 1.5X your body weight in protein to get stronger. Many people will tell you to eat more. You have to experiment with your diet a little as we're all different. be sure to get some good carbs in your system after your workouts so you can pump the glycogen into those muscles.
    As long as you're eating clean you'll have good results. that much cardio will slow down your weight gains but you should still get quality muscle as long as you get your protein and rest.

Yes, I'm keeping my protien very high, and getting great sleep.

Just want to be as LEAN and quality solid muscle as possible.

So I guess I'll stick to a LIGHT 20-30 min of cardio 3x/week post workout. Maybe some incline walking, or something not intense.

BUMP for opinions.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I gotta toss a ? in here real fast, sorry to use your post.

Can protien convert to fat? i know it can convert to energy, so I imagine it can convert to fat.

I read an artical in Flex (july issue) that you should only eat 1.25-1.5 grams of protien per lb even when on a mass program.

Also I know you cannot pass protien though urin, so could it be bad for kidneys?

thx in advance,

J-Dogg

Thread Information