Thread: Cyanocobalamin

Ashley is offline Female Member

Cyanocobalamin

Does anyone know what this is and the recommended dosages? I have a friend that has this and he was told that it is a B-12 supplement. It is in a bottle and is injectable. Any news is helpful!!!

CYCLEON Guest
    it is a form of B-12, it does have some usefullness when on a cycle but otherwise not tto much IMO - I forget the dosage but ill try tio look them up if no one knows

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Ah, yes, one of my favorites . . .

Originally posted by Ashley
    Does anyone know what this is and the recommended dosages? I have a friend that has this and he was told that it is a B-12 supplement. It is in a bottle and is injectable. Any news is helpful!!!
    But seriously, folks, this sounds like an example of, "Hey, it's in a bottle and it's injectable. I think I'll try it!" Not the best way of scoping out a drug, especially in the wacky world of AS. But since you asked . . .

Ashley, cyanocobalimin is Vitamin B12 in the injectable form (which lasts longer and is more effective than oral B12 tablets). Cyanocobalimin is usually prescribed for folks who have a Vitamin B12 deficiency, which (if it goes too low) can cause pernicious anemia or paresthesia (tingling and/or numbing of the feet, legs, or hands, symptopmatically similar to diabetic neuropathy). Some physicians (especially osteopathic physicians) will administer a B12 injection for any lack-of-energy-type symptom, although it's clinically best to check a patient's B12 level (by a simple blood test) before administering cyanocobalimin.

The usual dosage for a B12 injection is 1,000 mcg (1,000 micrograms - equal to 1 miligram, although B12 is usually measured in "mikes") once a month by intramuscular injection, usually in the deltoid muscle. Since cyanocobalimin is water based rather than oil based, a 25-gauge 1" needle is usually used. You can do a higher dosage or do it more often, but there's generally no need; however, the body tends to excrete any extra B12.

In terms of lab values, the normal range for B12 is 200 to 1100. (My B12 was about 254 - low normal - when I had it checked routinely earlier this year, so I started doing 1,000 mcg monthly. Last time I checked, it was up to 644, which is a healthy normal.)

Incidentally, cyanocobalimin is one of the cheapest injectables available anywhere. Last time I picked up a 30 ml vial (at 1,000 mcg/ml, enough for 30 injections or 30 months), it cost only $3.80 (USD). Since my insurance plan reimburses 80% of the cost of generic drugs, that means that my bottom-line cost was $0.76 for the 30 months' worth. (Since the vial was dated for sometime in 2002, it means that I'll waste much of it, but at that cost, who cares? )

Cyanocobalimin has no significant AS value, except that if your B12 level is low it may zonk a little extra energy into you. Other than that, it will make no difference in the context of a cycle.

Oh, a point of trivia: Remember when Schein/Steris stopped making test cyp after they were popped by the F.D.A. because of poor documentation protocols? When they were allowed to resume making injectables, they decided not to resume manufacturing the cyp, but they did go back to manufacturing cyancobalimin. There are several generic brands available in the U.S., and this is one product for which Americans do not have to head south of the border. (Or north of the border for that matter, since the stuff is sooooooo cheap here in the U.S.)

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i have to disagree

i use vitamin b12 daily and up it on a cycle.b12 is present in all body cells and is esential in teh synthesis of dna.this is huge in the formation of red bloocells!my feeling is that that limits aerobic endurance capacity, thats' why EQ gives you increased stamina and muscular endurance.it helps to maintian the myelin sheath around nerve tissues also.i know it's rare not to get all your b12 from your diet , but thats' not teh case in vegetarians since it can only be found in animal foods like meat,fish,chicken,cheese,eggs,and milk.i take 500mcs a day when off gear which is 8333% of teh rda and 1000 on which is 16666 but thsts' just me.since megadoses are non toxic.you don't have to take my advice on the dose but consider the facts.why not just take the pill?why do you want one more thing to stab.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Good point, Partyboy . . .

Partyboy raises a good point - we get Vitamin B12 from animal products to the extent that, if your level goes low, the first thing a physician wil generally ask is, "Are you a vegetarian?"

I agree with him on the orals - you can get B12 in the vitamin section of any drug store, and 500 mcg is a reasonable dose. Again, it won't have the staying power of an injection (if you're low, you only need to inject 1,000 mcg once a month), but it's a good way of supplementing your B12. (In addition to my once-a-month shot, I do 500 mcg orally every day for the hell of it. Again, if you get extra B12, the body simply excretes it.)

I haven't heard of it being used for endurance per se, and don't think that cyanocobalimin injections will give you any sense of endurance you do not already have - remember, this is a once-a-month gig. FWIW, if I'm feeling lazy on a cardio day (usually because I haven't gotten enough sleep), I'll simply pop a No-Doz or Vivarin - 200 mg. of caffeine - which has been proven to increase endurance in athletes and is not an AS, about a half-hour before I hit the eliptical crosstrainer.

TNT.....I guess you don't know me very well, but I would not do the thing you said "Oh it's Injectable, I'll use it" that was a bit extreme and you don't have to be a smart ass!

I thank you for the information about it but that is all you had to do. I had a friend here that I never.......for get that I don't have to explain myself to you.

I do really appreciate the info. that I inquired about, it was very helpful and I think "he'll use it"!!

Thank you Cycelon for the information!!! I do appreciate it!

Mike Guest
    Sorry girl - got your PM this morning but looks like you got your answers - let me know if you need anything else I guess

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

what?

i get no thank you??hahahaha

Thread Information