crusade is offline New Member

HIV and steroids

Does anybody know if you share gear with your boyfriend and he has hiv if you can catch it? Not the needle but the vial?

If you take the pin out and use a new one?

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    even if you can't, i would be on the safe side and just get your own vial. another $100 for your own personal gear is worth saving your long term life.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Wait, your boyfriend has HIV? Does he use AS for BBing purposes or for other reasons? I hope you practice abstinence bro and for once I'm not trying to be an asshole.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I really wouldnt share anything like that with someone positive for hiv.

its really never worth the risk, we want you to be healthy and happy!

Wimmpy is offline Associate Member
    Can't say I would risk it....

dbolkid is offline Junior Member
    come on why even risk it use your head!!!!!!!

4plates is offline Banned
    i see no worry if you both are using brand new pins,it not like hes drawing,shooting and putting the dirty pin back in the vial
    even if you were using the same pin to draw with,it not like you are shooting with the drawing pin anyway

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    I agree with 4plates. HIV is actually very difficult to transmit, and a new clean pin in a vial has a 0% chance of spreading an infection. Now if you shared the pins, I would worry, but otherwise you are cool.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool

There is no danger of transmitting HIVthrougha shared vial, only through a shared needle (and, by implication, a shared syringe if injected solution goes back into the syringe). As y'all should know, needles should never be shared (among anyone, let alone someone with HIV) - if you're going to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on gear, the syringe and needle become the cheapest part and a fresh one should be used every time, even by one person.

Incidentally, next to the AS boards, you'll find the most information about anabolic steroids on the AIDS boards. Remember the shortage of generic cyp a few years ago when Steris was popped by the feds for poor documentation? The AIDS boards covered that story much better than any of the AS boards. The coverage of steroids by the AIDS boards is because many AIDS patients experience "weight redistribution" (which used to be called wasting), and AS helps keep the weight on. Ditto some cancer patients (depending on the specific type of cancer) who are prone to weight loss. In the case of AIDS, AS are generally not used by persons who are HIV-positive but do not have active manifestations of AIDS; they are usually on a drug cocktail, but it is not AS based.

Prot is offline Banned

www.medibolics.com

is a great site for info on HIV survivability and steroids

Thanks for the info. I guess to be on the safe side I should be careful. I am not sure if he has HIV or not, he is not sick or anything but he plays around a lot. I only have know him for a few weeks now but he is really cool about it. I just dont want to hurt his feelings if I turn down his free test. We see each other at the gym weekly.

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    Am i reading this correctly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    I think some doctors are now testing the prescription of weak anabolics to non AIDS but HIV infected individuals. Mainly as a preventative measure. I think I have seen it in a reference around here somewhere.....

Thread Information