ari
    ari is offline Female Member

GH or HCG? ripped-off?

I'm on what it's supposed to be GH - Norditropin, for 3 months now. I'm bloated all the time to the point that somebody asked if I was pregnant. This made me wonder if I have been ripped off. The HCG comes in the same form as GH - a powder which needs to be mixed with the sterile water.

On a thread here somebody wrote: "Bloating could result from it being HCG instead of GH - I've heard of this happening"

Now this really made me suspicious! So I did a search and found this:

"HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin and is not a steroid , but a natural peptide hormone which develops in the placenta of pregnant women during pregnancy to controls the mother's hormones. (Incidentally, this is the reason you may hear of people testing for growth hormone (HGH) with a pregnancy testing kit - If their HGH shows 'pregnant', they've been ripped-off with cheaper HCG"

My question is - can I perform this pregnancy test on the dissolved powder and is this is a reliable method of finding out if my GH is real?
    Any other suggestions?

ari
    OK , I did the pregnancy test on the dissolved powder of the GH I have and the test was negative. The test actualy says "HCG II", so it must be acurate that this is not HCG. Or I'm a wrong?
    How can I check if this is real GH?
    Any suggestions welcomed!

jbrand is offline Member
    I heard horror stories about 5 years back about a national-level bodybuilder in CA selling blue-top nutropins that were in fact insulin . These generally even lacked any labels whatsoever and the good old "i know a friend who works down at the pharmaceutical company who stole them right from the factory prior to manufacturing/labeling".

ari
    Thanks, mine looks quite real - labels and all, but this water retention is worring me.

Thread Information