Thread: is this true

liftin2xtremz is offline Junior Member

is this true

the best time 2 take a high carb high protien drink is after a work out because your muscles will absorbe it and should not leave any left over 2 turn into fat deposits???????if wrong corect me

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Correct. The high carbs (preferably dextrose or malto dextrin) will cause an insulin spike. Insulin is the bodys main transport medium for nutrients and comes from the pancreas (or a small vial of humalog ). It helps helps deliver the protein to the muscles for replenshment as well as refreshing glycogen stores. I usually use 1 scoop of ion exchnaged whey mixed with 2 scoops of dextrose and water immediately after lifting.

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Correct! After you train you need to restore glycogen in your muscles. Glycogen is what your muscled use as their energy sourve during your workout. If you don't restore glycogen the you will go in to a catabolic state. This however does no mean that you should over consume on carbs, but you can treat yourself

HiloJack is offline New Member
    I would like to know to. I also would like to add to the question. I workout at night right before I go to sleep, I've read you should stay away from carbs before you sleep. Is it all right to drink a high carb/ protein shake after you workout and then go to sleep or will the carbs be stored as fat. If so how many carbs does your body use up after an intense workout so I can adjust my carb intake
    Thanks Hilojack

liftin2xtremz is offline Junior Member

ok kool im happy i remember so things i read.... now 2 add 2 my guestion.... the drink i am takin about is enlarge 2... i use 2 scoops after my work out ..now the next question is ..... the rest of the day i use ZERO CARB ISOPURE is that kool??????? and plus a good food diet during the day as well

Thread Information