Thread: question

liftin2xtremz is offline Junior Member

question

i use high carb high protein after my work outs ..now the next question is ..... the rest of the day i use ZERO CARB ISOPURE is that kool???????
    second question is if i work out in the morning do i drink a high carb hight protein drink ????? and what if i work out at nite do i do the same some insite on this woul dhelp me out alot thanx

rexflexall is offline Associate Member
    you want to drink a high simple carb drink,moderate protein 20-30 grams right after your workout nomatter when you train. the key is to get that insulin spike and drive those nutrients to your muscles

as far as the isopure thats fine. those carbs after your workout will have almost no bering on your trying to stay lean.

liftin2xtremz is offline Junior Member

ok thats what i wanted 2 know about post work out and the rest of the day...... but what about before a work out .. am or pm ... what do i take before ?????? a shake ,,,food .....or just empty stomach ????? o and the shake would have carbs or just protein if u take 1 before the gym????

usually you will hear that if you work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach you will tend to burn more fat. your body has been fasting all night and tends to burn that stored fat. if you drink something with carbs in it right before a workout, thats just more carbs that your body will have to burn off before it gets to that stored fat. a light protein shake before a workout is ok, but i would probably stay away from the carbs. if its energy you're looking for maybe use a thermogenic or something like that.

Thread Information