Thread: DNP Diary

osujudoman is offline Junior Member

DNP Diary

Ok guys, I've done about 2 months worth of research for running a dnp cycle and I'm starting up tonight. I plan on taking 200mg/day (powder, not crystalized) for the first 3 days, then bumping up to 400mg for the remaining 4-5 days. I have no intentions of going higher than 400mg unless I feel nothing after the 4th or 5th day.

I've got my supplements ready. I'm going to be taking about 2500mg of vitamin C, 600mg ALA, 1200IU vit E, 1500mg magnesium, Tyler's liver detox, 475mg cranberry extract, 3000mg quertecin (to combat rash/alergies), and at least 2 gallons of water.

I'll be lifting on M-W-F. I want to keep as close to my routine as possible but I won't push it if I don't feel comfortable with it. Cardio will be kept light, lasting 15-30 minutes each morning or until I'm too lethargic or hot to handle it.

I've got my fans aligned next to my bed and the AC is set at around 65 degrees. I got a pillow from the hospital that is both stain and fluid resistant (I anticipate night sweats) and I've lined my mattress with old beach towels underneath the sheets since I don't want to ruin the bedding.

This afternoon I stocked up on fuit and cut up a huge bowl full of watermelon, pineapple, grapes, honeydoo, and strawberries and left it in the fridge to chill. I recently restocked on protien powder and chicken breasts so I'll be eating as clean as possible while on the cycle.

I'll be working every day but, luckily for me, my job in IT is located in a computer room that's VERY cool for the purpose of keeping the computer equipment from overheating. The room is usually so cold that a sweatshirt is necessary but I'm planning to wear a t-shirt and shorts (I can get away with shorts since I'm wearing a knee brace) for the entire week.

As a precaution, I bought a pocket-size thermometer to make sure I never get over 104 degrees.

It's 5pm Eastern time here. I'll take the first 200mg cap tonight at 11pm.

I currently weight 225 at somewhere near 15%bf. I'm looking to drop 10lbs if possible.

Gotta admit, I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

I'll keep everyone updated on the progress.

- Judoman
    Last edited by osujudoman; 06-30-2002 at 03:33 PM.

BIG R is offline Member
    Wow,

judoman you have done your ressearch and are ready to Rock! I'll keep an eye on your threads.

Big R

will is offline Banned
    holy shit dnp man, ive read some crazy stuff about that shit, good luck and god speed ( ive always wanted to say that) hope you get those gains in!!!

7/1/02 - Day 1

Ok, it's been more than 16hrs since I took my first 200mg cap. I was nervous as hell before I took it but I figure I'm reasonable enough to stop dosing and head to a doctor if anything goes too crazy.

As for how things have gone so far... I haven't felt much, if anything. I haven't been sweating any more than usual. I just took my temperature and I was at 98.3 degrees (I was 97.6 earlier today). This isn't all that surprising since I'm always cooler than the normal 98.5 by a degree or more. That being the case, if the dnp raises my temp by very much I'm sure I'll feel it quickly. The only thing I HAVE noticed is that I'm slightly dehydrated and that I've been very thirsty all day. As of now I've already polished off about 2 gallons of water.

I worked out at 11:30 am with a heavy back routine consisting of deads, bent rows, one-arm dumbbell rows, and some cable work (various grip pulldowns and rows). I got a little light headed during my deads so I chose not to do any cardio immediately following the lifting. Instead, I came back home and ate a chicken breast and some spanish rice and took my first round of vitamins/supps for the day. I plan on going back to the gym at 5 to do some about a half an hour worth of cardio.

So far, everything is fine. No noticable sides, no increased temp. I'm gonna take another 200mg cap tonight and, if my research from the boards is right, I should start to feel the heat sometime during the night. Even if my temp doesn't rise tonight, I'll keep the dosage the same for one more day just to rule out any possible allergies I may have to the DNP since it should still be accumulating in my system and the half-life is so long.

On the 4th day, assuming that I'm not getting any dramatic sides from 200mg, I'll up the dosage to 400mg/day (200mg at 5pm, 200mg @11pm).

I still haven't determined whether I want to run the whole cycle for 7 days or 8, but I think that'll depend on how much I can tolerate.

On a side note, a good friend of mine went to the hospital about 6 years ago from a DNP overdose. He wanted to drop a ton of weight and he got impatient with how fast the dnp was working. After starting out with 2 days of 400mg, he jumped to 600mg for a day, then doubled that for the next two days at 1200mg. On the 6th day, he woke up with the rash and there was blood in his urine. He went to the ER and his platelet count had dropped into the single digits. He was an idiot about how he took the dnp but nonetheless it still nearly killed him. He swears by its effectiveness but I keep his experience in the back of my head as a reminder to stay rational about the drug and its seriousness.

Talk to everyone tomorrow.

- Judoman
    Last edited by osujudoman; 07-02-2002 at 10:46 AM.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by osujudoman
    but I keep his experience in the back of my head as a reminder to stay rational about the drug and its seriousness.
    Smart man...good to see how well you researched everything before you started

Good luck and keep us posted

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I'm with Primo on this one, good seeing someone do their research and keep us posted....XXL

7/2/02 - Day 2 (part 1)

This is the second day of my dnp cycle. I've taken only 2 caps so far; 200mg on Sunday night and another 200mg on Monday night (last night). So far, the only side I may be getting that leads me to believe that the dnp is working is the fact that I'm dehydrated very easily. I've been checking my temperature and it hasn't risen at all. In fact, I just took my temp and I'm at 97.6 degrees. Earlier this morning I was at 96.7 degrees.

This leads me to an interesting question that may impact how much the dnp affects me. I've read posts by some of our vets here who have said that a tell-tale sign of your t3 being depleted at the end of a dnp cycle is that your body temp drops back down to normal. Is there a possiblity that my natural t3 level is low to begin with, and that's why my normal body temp is lower than the traditional 98.6 degrees?

That's just pure speculation on my part. After all, my energy level is always pretty good and having a body temperature that's lower than 98.6 is common for me.

As for why I'm not feeling anything from the dnp, I have a few ideas. One, I may just have a natural tolerance to the chemical. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me since it's supposed to affect a person at the cellular level but it's an idea. Another thing could be that it simply hasn't built up enough yet. I've only taken a grand total of 400mg since 12am Monday morning. The only other reason I can think of would be that my caps are underdosed. I have faith in my source and his rep for good dnp so I'm ruling out that possibility. I'm most inclined to go with the second option; that there just hasn't been enough accumulated in my system yet for me to feel noticably different.

I'm still adament about my third dose being only 200mg. I'll take that cap later tonight. If I don't feel any differences by tomorrow night, if I'm not showing signs of allergic reaction, or if I do feel something but it's mild, I'll go on as planned and up my intake to 400mg taken in two doses a few hours apart.

Like I said, I haven't felt anything that would indicate that the dnp is working thus far. I've been warm and lightly clammy/sweaty at times but that's normal for me since I tend to warm up easily as it is. I'm also prone to dehydration, so waking up with a dry throat and thirsty isn't out of the ordinary either.

Who knows... I may just need a higher dose to get the full benefit out of dnp. Forum bro Sk* was having the same problems on his last cycle of it as well. I believe he said that he didn't really feel anything till he hit 600mg or 750mg (the higher end of the spectrum for many). There was, however, some question as to whether his caps were under dosed but it could've just been how his body reacted to the substance. I may be in the same boat. I believe I'll have a better idea of how I respond to DNP in the next two days; 200mg tonight and 400mg throughout tomorrow.

I'll check back in later and update with any progress.

- Judoman

7/2/02 - Day 2

part 2

Took my dose a few hours early today. Still haven't felt any hotter, no real sweating. I'm still thirsty as hell and I've got the shits (softer stool than usual). I've felt compelled to scratch phantom itches a few times but nothing serious and no visible rashes or bumps anywhere.

Tomorrow, as planned, I'll up it to 400mg (200@5pm, 200@11pm).

One thing that has me wondering is that every write-up on dnp talks about how carbs make you burn hotter. I may very well be experiencing carb cravings, but I don't feel any different during or after eating them.

As for appearance, I don't feel I look any different or have dropped any weight. I haven't stepped on a scale to confirm that but I'm going by the mirror since I expect water retention to keep my weight seemingly high till after the cycle ends.

I'm still playing it smart and sticking to schedule. No sense in rushing things and messing myself all up. I'm real interested in the effectiveness of a longer cycle at lower doses (11 days @200mg) Vs. a shorter cycle at somewhat higher doses (5-6 days @400mg). This is assuming, of course, that the sides are bearable at the higher dosage and wouldn't prevent you from going that route. As for the quertecin, I'm at about 1.5 grams/day right now and I may bump it up to 2 grams tomorrow for my first 400mg day.

- Judoman

AZlifter is offline Associate Member
    Keep the posts coming bro.....i am finding this very interesting

7/3/02 - Day 3

4th dose coming up. I was sweating a little more in bed last night but nothing uncomfortable. I woke up a few times to piss and when I went to lay down I noticed the sheets and pillow were both a little damp.

Most of what I'm still feeling is increased thirst from dehydration. I'm trying not to let it get that far but dnp really sucks the water out of me. The two biggest sides I've noticed thus far are 1) increased water loss/thirst and 2) a diuretic-like response. Like ECA, the dnp has me going to the restroom to piss and shit like crazy. I'm not kidding when I say at least once an hour, sometimes worse depending on how much water I'm trying to replenish with drinking. Heat has been minimal and certainly hasn't been uncomfortable. I've had some phantom itching for the last day but I've checked and there isn't any marks/rashes/bumps to speak of so the querticen is doing its job well.

Speaking of the querticen, next time I'm getting that shit in caps! It absolutely sucks to take a teaspoon of that powder with anything. It doesn't mix with water, protien shake, nothing. I tried mashing it into some rice I was eating and it made the rice taste funky. Finally I just said to hell with it and I take a heaping teaspoon and just dump it onto my tongue. Before the taste and the dryness (which, by the way, will give you dry heaves) hit me, I take a mouthfull of cold water and 'swish' it around in my mouth to pick up all the querticen and make it easier to swallow. Then I take another mouthfull of water and repeat the process to make sure I got all that shit rinsed out of my mouth.

This morning I went to the gym at 11:30 to lift and do cardio. I was feeling kinda lethargic when I woke up so I took an ECA stack to give me a bit of a boost. I haven't taken eca for over a month so the energy burst was a welcome addition. I was able to lift very intense but I kept my weights somewhat low compared to usual. Instead of 4 heavy sets, I opted for 6 sets of each lift at low-moderate weight. After I finished with my lift, I jumped on an EFX machine for 20 minutes of light cardio to keep my heart going and burn some extra cals. I was sweating like a beast by the end of it but that's normal for me anyway. Overall, my workout was very good today but I credit the ECA for giving me the boost I needed. I'm definatly not looking forward to when I gotta drop some ECA just to get up and moving, let alone do a workout.

As for todays dosage, I'm scheduled for 400mg. I already took the first 200mg cap at 2pm and I'll take the other 200mg later tonight around 10pm. Tonight I fully expect to soak my sheets. Usually I wouldn't be looking forward to that but I can make an exception for this! I'm most concerned to see how my sides fare after I take my second cap. This will be the point where I know whether I can handle more than the minimum dose. If I can, I've still got 4 more days to go at 400mg and I hope to lose the most fat during that time.

As usual, I'll keep everyone updated on how I'm feeling and what my progress is like. Oh, and feel free to post any questions if you're wanting to start your own cycle of DNP but you want some first-hand reports before you begin.

- Judoman

7/3/02 - Day 3

part 2

Went back to the gym for Judo practice tonight. I've had a hurt knee so I had no intention of actually rolling, but I wanted to help coach and be there out of respect. After sitting in the OSU wrestling room, however, I'm not so sure I'd have wanted to grapple even if I wasn't on DNP or had a bum knee.... the temperature was 95 degrees in there. With a heavy double-weeve gi, it's surely over 100 degrees. I was just sitting there and the sweat was pouring off me.

In my last post I'd said that I took my first 200mg of the day at around 1pm. Shortly thereafter, I began to feel very flushed. Looking at my arms/chest/legs, there wasn't any discoloration or reddening, but my face was very flushed for a short time.... like I was blushing really badly. When I'm outside my apartment it's hard to tell how much the DNP is working because it's so damn hot around here. Still, it's not unbearable and the horror stories of outright miserable heat have thus far been unfounded. That may change after I take my second 200mg cap at 10pm, but as of now it doesn't feel like I'm hot so much as it feels like I'm IN heat. The difference, if I can explain it better, is like having a fever Vs standing in the sun. With a fever I can feel the heat radiating from me and I want to strip down to cool off. With what I'm feeling now, it's like I'm walking into a hot room. Sweat beads up on my face and arms and it's uncomfortable but not unbearable or even too annoying.

Some sides that I've noticed that I do have are the yellowing body fluids. Even after drinking a ton of water, my urine is still flourescent yellow. I spit and there may be a bit of yellow in my saliva as well. Hell, I rubbed one off last night just for the sake of it and I swear to god that even that had a slight tint of yellow. The one thing that isn't yellow, amazingly enough, is my sweat. I even checked by wearing a white shirt to work out in today. I soaked it completely but it's only a damper (is that a word?) shade of white than it was before.

Still urinating pretty frequently and stool has softened to the point of almost continual diurhea(sp?). Just one more way for me to loose water I guess.

I'm definately feeling more lethargic now than I was during the last few days. I can't even tell you how good that ECA felt this morning! To hell with speed, crack, weed, or whatever your drug of choice... give me some ephedrine and I'm good to go! lol

I think this is it for me today. If anything happens after I take the second dose, but before I go to sleep, I'll jump on and update again. If not, I'll talk to everyone tomorrow!

- Judoman

7/3/02 - day 3

part 3

Wow, looks like 400mg did the trick! I'm not exactly sweating like crazy but I can literally feel myself radiating heat. At this rate, however, I can see myself being completely wasted by Sunday (my last dose). I'll definately need the time to recover after that.

I also notice that at this dosage that the effect of 'carbs feeding the fire' is quite noticable. I had some french fries earlier in the evening and I swear I was burning for the next 2 hours or so.

Also, just to make note of it, I took my temperature a little bit ago when I was feeling extremely hot and the readout was exactly 98.6 degrees. This may seem strange to some of you but if you've been following along with my little diary then you'd know that my body temp normally runs relatively cool, like a little over 96 degrees. The DNP has risen my body temp a full 2 degrees F.

This got me thinking... if real damage to your organs/brain isn't done till you hit around 103 or 104, I could conceivabley take a much higher dosage than many because I run so cool to begin with. However, seeing as how I feel pretty uncomfortable now (not unbearable, but certainly uncomfortable), I can't imagine burning much hotter. Who knows though... even as hot as I am, I'm experiencing no major sides or allergic reactions. If that continues, I may decide to up my dosage to 600mg on my final day just to finish things off with a bang.

Even as I'm sitting here typing this up, my forearm is sticking to my desk from a sheen of sweat. My experience thus far with DNP has been a very favorable one. I really think all the planning has paid off in spades. Of course the real truth will be known this time next week when I'll have shed the water I'm retaining.

One last thing before I go to sleep... my fucking fan broke today! I came home from the gym at like 7:30pm and I'd had the fan running to help circulate the air in my room. Well I walk in and it just isn't running. Of all days for the motor to burn out on me, it had to happen on my first 400mg day! Can you believe this luck? Oh well, I'll get another one tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll just crank the AC a little more to compensate.

Talk to everyone later.

- Judoman

7/4/02 - Day 4

Happy 4th of July!

Actually, mine sucked. Our city had fireworks last night and I'd taken my second 200mg cap of DNP just before we left. By the time we got there and were watching the fireworks, I felt like my skin was melting. Needless to say, it was a very hot night.

Today I didn't do much. I wanted to do some light cardio but the gym was closed due to it being July 4th and all. That was fine with me. I used the time to run to the store and buy enough water to last me for the next few days. I know, it's kinda retarded to buy water but I absolutely hate city water. Since I moved here I've been hooked on distilled water. So anyway, I refilled 12 gallons worth of distilled water and brought them home to begin cooling them. I figure I'll go through about 12 gallons by Sunday.

The first dose of DNP today was at 2pm. Didn't feel any different after taking it. I'm still taking all my vitamins and supplements to keep the rest of me from burning away with the fat. I don't know if I'd have gotten the rashes and other allergic reactions had I not used the quercetin, but I'm glad I didn't have to find out the hard way. Still, I take a lot of the stuff each day. Easily over 3 grams total. It's kinda funny actually because the quercetin leaves bright yellow stains wherever it lands... just like dnp. I know because it looks like I drew lines on my shorts with yellow highlighter after I'd spilled a little on myself earlier.

I'm gonna take the second cap in a few hours, maybe around 8pm, unless somebody can give me reason not to. Today is my first day back at work and our room is always extremely cool because of the computer equipment. I've got on a pair of shorts, a thin shirt, and some sandals and I'm feeling fine! So if I can get the next 200mg in me and start burning while I've still got a few hours of AC left then I'll do that.

Hmmm... other than that, not much else happening. I think I can tell that my gut is getting a little smaller but it's hard to tell. I do have a concern that my protien intake isn't high enough though. I'm cutting my cals by a lot (I think... I'm eating all the time but it still doesn't seem like much) and what I do eat is clean. Still, I'm not so sure that I'm getting enough protien to preserve my muscle. If what I've read is correct, then DNP is relatively muscle-sparing anyway. If that's true then I'll be in good shape. I really can't wait till next week to see what I look like after the water drops off!

Speaking of which, should I take any time off before I start up my cycle? I should have all my stuff and have my schedule written out by then so I could technically be ready to go. Should I wait a week or so... till all the dnp is out of my system and t3 levels have risen? I'd think so but I still want the Vet's advice on this one. I'll also need some help putting together the most effective cycle I can for the gear I've got. I'll mention that more later.

Ok guys, till next time....

- Judoman

Update

7/5/02 - Day 5

Almost done! I take my 2nd 200mg cap in a few minutes and then I'll only have 2 more days left to this cycle!

Today was a lot like yesterday. I woke up at 10am, dragged my lethargic ass out of bed, and made my way to the gym for a half-ass arm day. After lifting, I did about 25 total minutes of cardio and got the hell out of there.

When I'm in air conditioning it's not so bad but whenver I step outside it's like the sweat just begins pouring off me. By the time I got to work, my shirt was soaked through. Luckily I'm wearing one of those micro-fiber shirts by Under Armour that wicks the sweat away... so as soon as I hit the AC, the sweat just dried up. Last night, however, was uncomfortable as hell. I don't have any problems sleeping, but it's that the bed is always damp that pisses me off. It's made worse by the fact that the fan I've got directed at my head makes the sheets COLD as well as damp! Oh well, like I said, only 2 days to go.

Now the dissapointing news... I've been eating clean, working out, and have been getting the burn from the DNP . But when I stepped on the scale at the gym today it read that I haven't lost any weight at all! Unless I'm carrying around an incredible amount of water weight, I'm pretty let down. I dunno what my deal is because I've been eating good foods and I'm pretty sure that I'm not going much over 2000 cals/day. With an intake that low I should be dropping pounds pretty rapidly. Oh well.

This leads me to a question for the vets. I'm handling 400mg pretty well. Aside from the heat, the sweat, and a little flushing hear and there, I'm experiencing no major sides. I'm considering bumping my dose to 600mg for my last two days. Would that be a wise thing to do when I know I'm not having any problems at 400mg/day? Obviously if I had some trouble tomorrow at that high a dosage then I'd drop back down for the final day but I'm thinking that it may be a good way to finish off strong and have a high enough half-life to keep me burning into next week.

Any ideas?

- Judoman

Crazy Bencher is offline Junior Member
    i did 200mg for 4 days 400mg for 2 days and 600mg for 2 days and felt like I had the flu....my buddies would call and ask to go out and I would say no I feel like laying under a fan to stay cool....the worst week of my life but I liked the results....i will do again but not over 400mg daily....

Thread Information