Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member

Does anyone know if AS can be detected in a DNA hair test?

Hey guys, I am just curious if anyone knows for sure if AS (Testosterone ) in particular can be traced in a DNA hair test? I mean if someone has been off AS long enough to get out of their system, can AS still show up on a DNA hair test like drugs can? I hope someone who knows for sure can tell me.

Luke is offline Associate Member
    What exactly do you mean by 'DNA test'? There are hundreds of DNA 'test', fingerprints etc... but to answer your question - no. DNA is DNA - a molecule that codes proteins/enzymes etc. that determine most of the things you are. It does not collect ones past or history, so no DNA 'test' I know of would show that. They are COMPLETELY unrelated things.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    DNA doesn't change - no matter what you take. So how can a DNA test show drugs ??????

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    He may be talking about the hair strand test most commonly used to test for drugs.

Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    He may be talking about the hair strand test most commonly used to test for drugs.
    that is exactly what I am talking about. One of my buddies had to take a hair test, (which is ran thru a DNA analysis) and can trace drugs up to several years in your system. I can't believe you guys have never heard of this? Court systems here are using this to test for drug cases, and so forth. Just curious, if anyone knows that if these tests can detect AS?

Boner is offline New Member
    It could only test drug use for up to three months, and not even that long for moderate users.

Luke is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Sicilian30

that is exactly what I am talking about. One of my buddies had to take a hair test, (which is ran thru a DNA analysis) and can trace drugs up to several years in your system. I can't believe you guys have never heard of this? Court systems here are using this to test for drug cases, and so forth. Just curious, if anyone knows that if these tests can detect AS?
    You're mixing 2 different things!
    Hair strand test is a hair strand test. DNA analysis is a broad term and could be hundreds of different tests. To say that a hair strand test is run through DNA analysis makes no sense (sorry :-) DNA can be extracted from hair if needed and things like 'DNA fingerprinting', commonly used in forensics, can be done, but it has nothing to do with testing which drugs you took.
    It's hard to explain (ttok me 5 years of university). I suggest you pick up a biology book and read the chapter on genetics.

Originally posted by Luke

You're mixing 2 different things!
    Hair strand test is a hair strand test. DNA analysis is a broad term and could be hundreds of different tests. To say that a hair strand test is run through DNA analysis makes no sense (sorry :-) DNA can be extracted from hair if needed and things like 'DNA fingerprinting', commonly used in forensics, can be done, but it has nothing to do with testing which drugs you took.
    It's hard to explain (ttok me 5 years of university). I suggest you pick up a biology book and read the chapter on genetics.
    Okay Luke I respect your knowlege, but I was told by a good close friend that he was tested thru the Hair Strand test (as you call it) for drugs, and from what I understand, they can detect drugs in your system up to several years. He explained that it was based on DNA readings and so forth. I don't know the exact procedure, and maybe you are correct, my question was can the ole "hair strand" test pick up AS as it can for other drugs? That was my simple question. Sorry to confuse the issue, and get off the subject, but I hope now that someone will understand my question?

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    that hair test doesnt go back that far. only as long as your hair is!

ie: couple months.

thats why guys going for the police force mysteriously shave all their body hair off sometimes

Thanks Iron, but do you know if the ole hair test can pick up AS?

Thread Information