tazmaniac1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

Constantly sore, something I am overlooking?

Here are my stats
    48 years old
    6'4
    17 BF
    About 10 weeks into this cycle and I have noticed that most of the time I am sore for example bicep-forearm area always tight sometimes uncomfortable joints seem to be more sensitive and sore maybe this is the side of the cycle just want to make sure I am not missing something: currently
    Test/cyp 600mg per week
    Deca . 350mg
    HCG 250 eod-e3d
    Anastro .5mg eod-e3d(still fine tuning)
    Thanks

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    i was always sore in my bicep tendon area/forearms and shoulders.

my only guess is your muscles are getting stronger but your tendons are trying to catch up

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tazmaniac1 View Post
    Here are my stats
    48 years old
    6'4
    17 BF
    About 10 weeks into this cycle and I have noticed that most of the time I am sore for example bicep-forearm area always tight sometimes uncomfortable joints seem to be more sensitive and sore maybe this is the side of the cycle just want to make sure I am not missing something: currently
    Test/cyp 600mg per week
    Deca . 350mg
    HCG 250 eod-e3d
    Anastro .5mg eod-e3d(still fine tuning)
    Thanks
    Deca is said to be good on the joints.
    Looked at any joint support supps?

Blog Entries
    I am taking a joint supplement, might have to be alittle more strict on protocol, and - am sure the tendons are slow learners just confirming..

maxpump88 is offline New Member
    Stevey, Taz, I had the same problem on my cycle too. And it's exactly what steve said....Your muscles are growing, you feel stronger, adding more weight onto your exercises however....not allowing your ligaments time to catch up and grow in relation to your muscles....However, this is always the case on the gear. Advice...stretch pre and post and during the day....and try not to bump the weights up so quickly, go steady and listen to your body...it's telling you something for a reason. The quicker you drop the weights back and recover a bit more, the sooner you'll be able to pump it out harder later.

Blog Entries
    Good advice sometimes ego gets in the way of being smart

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    These are valid theories... are you sore in both arms or just one?

Blog Entries
    Mostly left arm just bending it to 90 degrees seems tight sometimes feels like the skin is even tight,I have had tendonidious(sp) many days I feel alot older and stiffer than I should be.

anabolix112 is offline Junior Member
    Well. Deca didn't help me in that situation which after injury in that area lead me to finding ways of preventing that kind of problem getting worse which actually spoils your training but found solutions.

Ofcourse you want to strenghten those areas but first you'll have to get rid of that sore feeling which has it's cause. So remove the cause first. You'll have to give some rest to those areas but im sure you want to continue training effectively while doing so.

Change your training methods and find ways to train certain areas without putting excess stress to sore areas. Use external support when handling big weights, not too tight. Ofcourse stop the movement for example doing some bench press variations before point where you lose the tension.
    You propably need to give something that builds joints to your body which would be glukosamine and maybe something else added there but just glukosamine helped a lot in my case.
    When you're out of the bad situation or good enough add some movements that actually will strengthten the joints which would be free weights but use very low weights and concentrate on keeping every rep of your set steady.

In some cases deca does more harm while test is helping in recovery.

You might also have some inflammation there, and most propably you have.

Blog Entries
    Good read, thank you sort of the Dr. Phil approach recognizing the most obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    These are valid theories... are you sore in both arms or just one?
    This was an excellent question!

If your muscles are inbalanced eg. other side of your body being stronger than another when you're doing your reps another side is doing more work which will stress joints excessively. When training with heavy weights and strong supplements this gets even pronounced not letting the balance to get corrected and you won't propably even notice that happening. Also you'll be protecting the sore side propably not even knowing so you'll have to concentrate even harder whats happening and isolating the muscles, switching your routine to consist propably more pump workouts and light workouts. What i did was taking fex. one week of hard workout, one-two weeks of pumping and one week of light isolating workout.

Just my dr phil approach.
    Last edited by anabolix112; 06-30-2010 at 06:11 AM.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolix112 View Post
    Well. Deca didn't help me in that situation which after injury in that area lead me to finding ways of preventing that kind of problem getting worse which actually spoils your training but found solutions.

Ofcourse you want to strenghten those areas but first you'll have to get rid of that sore feeling which has it's cause. So remove the cause first. You'll have to give some rest to those areas but im sure you want to continue training effectively while doing so.

Change your training methods and find ways to train certain areas without putting excess stress to sore areas. Use external support when handling big weights, not too tight. Ofcourse stop the movement for example doing some bench press variations before point where you lose the tension.
    You propably need to give something that builds joints to your body which would be glukosamine and maybe something else added there but just glukosamine helped a lot in my case.
    When you're out of the bad situation or good enough add some movements that actually will strengthten the joints which would be free weights but use very low weights and concentrate on keeping every rep of your set steady.

In some cases deca does more harm while test is helping in recovery.

You might also have some inflammation there, and most propably you have.
    how?

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    how?
    When i said it wont propably help the recovery would have scientific explanation aswell which proved test to do the job better but one thing is sure.

If you have allready and inflammation which is the cause of your joint pain deca wont heal that it sure does prevent joint damage in many ways one being getting more fluids in those areas aswell but in case of inflammation it just masks the symptoms not helping on the real case itself maybe letting you train even more effectively than you should.

Then another point that was explained by doctor who ordered test to few athletest in amount of approx 400mg a week and explained why not to take deca at all. Sorry don't remember that but it had point worked.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    I believe that with the whole sore tendon issues, that the use of >200mg of exogenous testosterone inhibits collagen synthesis, therefore making tendons more susceptible to injury/slower recovery.

thats why deca is used as the water retention is good for joints, but it also increases collagen synthesis for the tendons.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Your stats and my stats are similar. I'm 48, sore left forearm near the elbow on top where the ligamints attach to the bone. So I read your post to see what others might offer. There are a couple of things I do that don't seem to hit the BB, maybe cuz this is a younger mans game, not sure.
    MSM - I purchase powder online 10lbs for something like $70, which will last me something like 2 years. Anyways, I blew my knees out as a young man running competitively in the army and have been struggling with this injury for over half my life. About 10 years ago, a friend recommended, so I started taking. I did the whole loading/maintenance thing at 10/5 grams a day. And about 85% of the symptoms went away. A year ago when I went heavy on the weights, I went back to 10gms ED, and sunovagun if my symptoms are almost completely gone. MSM helps rebuild cartilidge and connecting tissue and takes 2 to 4 weeks and then one day you realize your joints aren't bugging you all the time. So for us older guys, MSM is key. I've tried the other stuff, Chondrointon (sp?) and the rest... expensive and no relief. Stick with MSM.

DMSO. I used it years ago with success then stopped for some reason. Started again a month ago using the roll on applicator at 70/30 dmso/aloa vera. Applied topically, I get some relief. The literature and everything I read on the internet explain it helps regrow damaged tissue, reduces swelling and inflamation....

And then I take 1 alleve in the am and one in the pm for a bad back i've been nursing for 20 years.

Just thought I'd throw that into the mix. Let me know if that helps.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    I believe that with the whole sore tendon issues, that the use of >200mg of exogenous testosterone inhibits collagen synthesis, therefore making tendons more susceptible to injury/slower recovery.

thats why deca is used as the water retention is good for joints, but it also increases collagen synthesis for the tendons.
    ive found tht when going on a cycle of test +500mg, tht my tendon issues clear up within a matter of weeks, quicker when i used dbol kickers, i find it as effective as deca . the main prob here is not allowing the injury to fully heal rather than blaming compounds, which do take the edge off, in my case.

ive found tht when going on a cycle of test +500mg, tht my tendon issues clear up within a matter of weeks, quicker when i used dbol kickers, i find it as effective as deca. the main prob here is not allowing the injury to fully heal rather than blaming compounds, which do take the edge off, in my case.
    True that. Testosterone is known to cure inflammation and strengthten the muscles around joints plus lots of other beneficial and medically proven facts. Just little search and you'll see the power of test.

Blog Entries
    True that. Testosterone is known to cure inflammation and strengthten the muscles around joints plus lots of other beneficial and medically proven facts. Just little search and you'll see the power of test.
    ive said b4 and i'll say it again, freeze treating these ailments is invaluable, 3 times a day for 10mins at a time. it settles my elbows for lengthy periods. once you have attained a certain level and time period in weight lifting disiplines, injury becomes part of the game
    Last edited by dec11; 06-30-2010 at 10:47 AM.

ive said b4 and i'll say it again, freeze treating these ailments is invaluable, 3 times a day for 10mins at a time. it settles my elbows for lengthy periods. once you have attained a certain level and time period in weight lifting disiplines, injury becomes part of the game
    Good point there too. Dealing with the injury before it gets too bad, letting them actually get the rest they need and that point conditioning them plays the biggest part in here. Ignoring the pain and continuing old training habits or using compounds to release the pain and allowing to train harder than you should without propably discipline to give time off and change methods that will eventually in long term keep you going and constant developement.

Blog Entries
    This was an excellent question!

If your muscles are inbalanced eg. other side of your body being stronger than another when you're doing your reps another side is doing more work which will stress joints excessively. When training with heavy weights and strong supplements this gets even pronounced not letting the balance to get corrected and you won't propably even notice that happening. Also you'll be protecting the sore side propably not even knowing so you'll have to concentrate even harder whats happening and isolating the muscles, switching your routine to consist propably more pump workouts and light workouts. What i did was taking fex. one week of hard workout, one-two weeks of pumping and one week of light isolating workout.

Just my dr phil approach.
    I started this tonite I am going to really concentrate on form and getting the most out of each rep

Thread Information