EmptyWallet is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Question about cigarettes, a little different however....

Ok, well in the past year I've completely stopped drinking. Tomorrow will be my one year date to which I havent had a single drink in a year. I do however have one small thing I can't completely get rid of, and thats smoking. However, I now only smoke on friday's and saturday's and I only smoke like 6 cigs total, 3 each day and its mostly at night. I may have one sometime during the week after dinner, but that's rare. My question is this, I'm currently on which I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not, but I'm curious to the question whether smoking may hinder my gains. Truth be told, I know they are horrible in every other aspect, but I'm wondering if it could be hindering my gains at all. It does speed up your metabolism correct? I know when I smoke I do tend to eat more, Like I'll be full, smoke a cig, and then be hungry again. I believe smoking does hinder the absorbtion of certain vitamins? Does anyone kinda see where I'm going with this? People do lose weight when they smoke, and that could be a result of increased metabolism, but I'm wondering if it could effect my body's anabolism to ability to build muscle. Anyone have any comments?

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    all those chemicals must make it harder for your body to be health and maintain your weight. I dont think you'll see a big difference, but Im thinking you gain better if you didnt smoke for sure.

try the patch or gum if your having trouble.

nicotine, is a cns stimulant, and can burn fat slightly, but it must burn more then fat with all those chemicals I'd assume.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Smoking does reduce your blood circulation, that's not good for bobybuilders.

Thread Information